It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people, ugh! Just no words...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So, with regard to this Las Vegas mom who was killed...

www.nbcnews.com...

This is the most ridiculous crap I've heard lately.

She and her daughter went home safely following an incident /altercation with another driver and she ***a mother*** then encouraged her son to get a gun and the two went back out looking for the alleged road rager.

I say "alleged" because we only have her daughter's word and, clearly, this family - mom, son and daughter - has poor judgment.

Obviously, no one deserves to die for losing their temper and guns are bad, mmmmkay..but dang...stupid people should not own guns.

edit on 2/18/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Sounds about the same.

I thought Mums were about nurture and care, not turning them into gun toting twits.

P

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Who does that? Who goes home to get their child and a gun, goes looking for trouble, and gets their child into a gunfight before being mortally wounded in front of them? What kind of mother chooses to do all that rather that call the police?

The whole story is Wack.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It is very strange to see a human being react this irrationally. I understand that a parent often times overreacts to things done their children, but this was just crazy. This isn't a gun issue, but a stupid person issue.
edit on 2015/2/18 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Honestly, it's totally nuts.

And, not to troll - at all - I am just incredulous and sincerely doubt if this type of story would come out of any other country?

There seems to be a bizarro mish mash of cultural memes going on here.....children being utterly endulged (her daughter, a novice driver, reached over and honked the horn, starting crap with the other driver...during a driving lesson FFS!), an entitled gun culture being peddled in the U.S. (she enlists her son and his gun instead of calling 911) and the rise of the Idiocracy (they go on a Bonnie and Clyde revenge pursuit).

And yes....I'm American and I own a gun, just to clear that up before the flames start.

But, to be clear - this is the story that the family is acknowledging sans any counter point from the other driver.
edit on 2/18/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

her daughter, a novice driver, reached over and honked the horn, starting crap with the other driver

Exactly what I was thinking. And then it gets crazier. They go off looking for the other vehicle and the reports says that they followed it for a bit and then decided to just go home. Where did those reports some from ... Only the son with the gun.

Right.... I think they went out and started getting threatening with the other car, maybe even brandishing the weapon the son had. Then possibly saw that the other driver also had a gun so they skedaddled away and tried to run home and loose the other guy but he managed to follow them home.

The stupidity is one thing here. But more than that I think was a lot of belligerence, arrogance and posturing on the part of the mother and son.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Sounds like an average day in my city.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just went back to see if this is the same woman as the other day from a different thread...

Aside from the two versions of the story...

It's exactly the same person...

"What a difference... A day makes." - Aretha Franklin

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ya! That's the other wacky element to this - the original narrative painted her as a "victim". That doesn't seem like quite the right word at this point

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yep, "innocent victim" of an "armed stalker gang"...

Now they're saying "the suspect or suspects yada yada"...
So now it's not even guaranteed it was a gang...

Also in the original the daughter ran to the house and the son came out firing shots...
Now he was with her already with the gun on his person...

Is that poor journalism... Or a bulls# original account from the family?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think that this is more a case of the people being a little crazy, not so much stupid. I would have just reported it to the police.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Yeah, so what is with these "Mothers" that are into solving their issues with violence? AND, what is worse, allow their children to watch or participate in the violence.

It's like a really, real version of "Mob Wives" or "Real Housewives of New Jersey" where it is ok for a Mother of small children to say things in front of those children like "...I am going to cut that bi/+h" or "...I am going to rip her head off and shove it up her a++." I know these are examples from Reality TV, but the violence is spreading to REAL life.

Whoa - I don't know about y'all, but this trend in adult female physical violence with fists, guns, knives - whatever prefered method - seems freakish and just plain weird to me...what is up with this?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
To be honest, when I heard this "revised" version of the story, it made me think that maybe they actually knew this person and had a beef with them, but it didn't end the way they hoped.

I am sorry she died, but this was handled stupidly from the get go.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You know..I don't know if it's just me living in my bubble or what..but it seems to me that between the news and the little contact I have outside of my bubble that things (people) are getting crazier. People are rude, uninvolved, zombie like beings..only out for themselves. We went out this past weekend for my daughters birthday..I know it's winter and all..but I am a people watcher...the people look tired--and dirty, like they don't shower regularly..a lot of them look downright scary. I am noticing more and more crazy stories online and on local news ( we get the tristate news) Just downright retarded crimes (YES, I did use the word retarded) because the people/crimes are so far-fetched--so idiotic..that I can't help but think that these people have something wrong with their brains. I know that when I was growing up we didn't have the instant news we have now..but I mean come on..This stuff didn't go on back then..I think it MUST be something we are eating or consuming...some of this stuff just isn't right--it's like people are going mad???

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

It's called societal collapse, IMHO. A mind # caused by the slow slide into a Dystopian world resulting in anti-social behaviors.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It is very strange to see a human being react this irrationally. I understand that a parent often times overreacts to things done their children, but this was just crazy. This isn't a gun issue, but a stupid person issue.

Absolutely correct. But, it's the tiny few people like this who add fuel to the gun grabbers fire. They could have just as easily grabbed an aluminum bat, but chose the gun instead. (not that going after someone over something this idiotic is a good idea to begin with)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Still more bizarre developments..

She knew the suspect and had reached out to him. He lives a bock away. WTH?

The family claims she was afraid and that's why she left the house. Okay...then why did she drop her daughter off at the house. Why didn't she call 911?

This is certainly a fine example of media manipulation that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

lady was dumb enough to go out looking for trouble ...well she found it
mabey the kids will live longer now that the violent mother is out the way .
Just goes to show .................people die

top topics

join