It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomsky: America paved the way for ISIS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Much as it pains me to agree with Chomsky about anything, up to and including the color of the sky? Gotta say, I agree with him.

Seagull, I have always appreciated your point of view but am at a loss to understand this scathing summation.

I find myself agreeing with Chomsky frequently.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

True, and not to mention what has become of those two countries now( Iraq and Libya ). I always wondered why did the west wanted Gaddafi gone, but now i think i have a viable theory. I initially thought it was because of the oil, but now i believe it's for destabilization of that region and make a room for ISIS.

I mean, i recently read somewhere that the war against ISIS will last for 10 years? I mean, 10 years? So you are telling me that the US and their western friends with all of their advanced military tech will take 10 years to defeat what like 50 thousand ISIS soldiers? Makes no sense, unless they want to keep a mess in there...for what reason? I do not know.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
When WWI ended, the Ottoman Empire was carved up by the victors. Three treaties laid the groundwork for what we are seeing today: They are the Sykes-Picot agreement (1916), the Treaty of Sevres (1920) and the Treaty of Lausanne (1923).

There was no concern regarding the people, their religions, their heritage or their historical homelands. The borders were carved up in a way to facilitate western European interests, primarily oil, and puppet governments instituted to facilitate those French, Russian, Greek, American and British interests.

That's how the ME soup was created and the people in those regions eventually fought back, fomenting crisis after crisis and causing push-back from the West. Chomsky is right as to recent events, but the seeds were sown almost a century ago and now we're reaping the results.

edit on 17/2/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

It dates back many years.

Mostly personal tastes that have, oddly enough, changed over the years... Yet the bias remains... Though I do agree with him much more often

than I used to.

I'm still up in the air as to whether that's a good thing, or not...

He's right, and my personal opinion of him doesn't change that at all. The West bears much of the blame, not just America...which is where my animus comes in, in large part. He, Chomsky, is far too willing to blame America for the ills of the world politic. I admit to the bias.

I do thank you for the compliment. ...and the opportunity to explore my bias. ...and question it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join