It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian leader Ayatollah Khamenei sent Obama secret letter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here's something about Obama and the leader of Iran sending letters back and forth.

An Iranian "official" suggests Obama is attempting to join with Iran against ISIS.

Does anyone believe this?

Since when would high level talks like this be using slow moving diplomatic letters?

What is *Really* being "said" here?

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has responded to overtures from U.S. President Barack Obama amid nuclear talks by sending him a secret letter, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

Citing an Iranian diplomat, the paper said the Iranian cleric had written to Obama in recent weeks in response to a presidential letter sent in October.

Obama's letter suggested the possibility of U.S.-Iranian cooperation in fighting Islamic State if a nuclear deal was secured, the paper said, quoting the diplomat.

Iranian leader Ayatollah Khamenei sent Obama secret letter: WSJ

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"Secret Letter"...

That probably billions of people have heard about by now?

How is it a "secret" if we've all heard about it, it's in the WSJ, & many other places?

Or is it a "secret" what's in the letter?

Even though it was described as "respectful"?

Or was it originally a "secret"?

But now has been divulged to the public, rendering the term "secret" meaningless?

Great!
edit on 14-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Have they not heard of the telephone?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What's slow moving about handing a guy an envelope and putting him on a plane?

Yea, not as fast as a phone call. I get that. But plenty of stuff is still sent via courier by the government, all over the world, every day.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I used to send secret letters to the girls I had a crush on back when I was 12.

Anyway, if TPTB want to solve the IS problem through secret letters, then I guess the true heroes of this fight will be the mailmen...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Khamenei is just responding to the secret letter Obama sent him back in October. At this point, I think Obama's getting desperate because he can't get much of a commitment from Iran. Maybe Obama thinks because Khamenei might be on his deathbed from prostate cancer he might give a little. I wonder if he uses the cup and string phone for telephone calls. It's ridiculous at best doing all this "secret" communication.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Iran had already volunteered to help America fight ISIS. It's nice to see at least one potential ally is willing to help with the fight unlike others in the region.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
obama wants to make deals with iran so he can say looky here at what i done, something that none of my predecessors have been able to do. made peace with iran and worked with them to rid the world of a true evil.

he better be careful, iran is gonna catch him with his pants down around his ankles and screw him big time.

they changed one leader the president, who basically is a figure head. all the rest of em, are still the same ones that were there when ahmadinejad was president and backed everything the man said.

do people really think that after 35 years, that iran leaders have all of a sudden in less than two years changed their minds about the way they view the U.S.. Please.
edit on 14-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
He was probably giving him his honorary Muslim scouts badge.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

America need a villain. For nearly 30 years, American people by large believes IRAN is the enemy.

edit on 14-2-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

they changed one leader the president, who basically is a figure head.

Anyone that knew anything about Iran's political structure knew the president isn't the leader.

all the rest of em, are still the same ones that were there when ahmadinejad was president and backed everything the man said.

No they aren't. The ISE lost three seats the DP won nineteen seats and the ICP lost seven seats. You clearly do no research before posting.

do people really think that after 35 years, that iran leaders have all of a sudden in less than two years changed their minds about the way they view the U.S.. Please.

Do you really expect a nation that we put unwarranted sanctions against to love us unconditionally?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

America need a villain. For nearly 30 years, American people by large believes IRAN is the enemy.

That is to be expected when the biggest welfare nation in the ME is constantly crying they are mean to us.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
double post
edit on 14-2-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is pretty common. The letters are not just written and tossed in the mail, they are sent by courier to a countries embassy, (in a case like this where no embassy is present then it would be sent to representative powers embassy) and then delivered by a diplomat. Often they are used to test the waters before countries begin a diplomatic effort. With the end of Russia as a world power, Iran's economy in need or western investment, its people pro western and Iran's having more common enemies with the US in the last decade like the Taliban, Alquida and ISIL it is in Irans best interest to move to ties with the US. For the US it means lower oil prices down the road, a new source of natural gas for Europe and a back up if the Saudis fall apart. Much like Cuba this would be a win win for the US.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

If he is using all his powers to try and make peace......GOOD FOR HIM. This is exactly what a president should do. But wait this does not fit with the agenda the military industrial complex has pounded into every heart and mind with decades of lies and propaganda. So he must be wrong for doing this right...........

Good for you Mr. President peace is answer.
edit on 15-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

No they aren't. The ISE lost three seats the DP won nineteen seats and the ICP lost seven seats. You clearly do no research before posting.

well excuse me for making a generalizations. 29 seats out of 290 hardly a majority make. that's just one tenth of all the seats. you also forgot to mention that the majority of iran government is what their version of being conservatives is.
here is their Conservatives and Reformists voting map, with 66% turn out. looks pretty red to me.

also if you knew more about the way they the government was there or honest about it. you would have known that during ahmadinejad administration he was constantly going back and forth with the the supreme leader, and the others leaders of the government, to the best of my knowledge they always backed him and all his carzy talk on the international stage.

edit on 15-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA, another thing, of those 29 seats that were changed,of the ten only three changed for Conservative parties the ISE, and seven for the ICP which khomeini founded as a political and military party. plus their parliament has no control over foreign security, policy and very little influence on them.

edit on 15-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
He was probably giving him his honorary Muslim scouts badge.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

well apparently Iran needs an enemy too, because for years we have been the great satan.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Iran had already volunteered to help America fight ISIS. It's nice to see at least one potential ally is willing to help with the fight unlike others in the region.

Yeah.

Many here bleat about Muslim country s stepping up and sorting the ME mess out.

Well Iran has stepped up.

So quit complaining people and let them do there work.

edit on 15-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This is pretty common. The letters are not just written and tossed in the mail, they are sent by courier to a countries embassy, (in a case like this where no embassy is present then it would be sent to representative powers embassy) and then delivered by a diplomat. Often they are used to test the waters before countries begin a diplomatic effort. With the end of Russia as a world power, Iran's economy in need or western investment, its people pro western and Iran's having more common enemies with the US in the last decade like the Taliban, Alquida and ISIL it is in Irans best interest to move to ties with the US. For the US it means lower oil prices down the road, a new source of natural gas for Europe and a back up if the Saudis fall apart. Much like Cuba this would be a win win for the US.

don't know why they don't just send a Email.......

This cloak and dagger shiz sounds so 20th century.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join