It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush just published thousands of citizens' names and email addresses

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the people here [ and eslsewhere ] that opine that mr bush is a moron for this leak are the true idiots - do you really think he personally runs his own IT services ???????????????????

this may come as a shock to you - but he employs a large staff and 3rd party contractors

they screwed up - not him - so get over it

They are all idiots. Jeb most of all, for a) hiring a bunch of idiots in the first place, and b) failing to tell them something as simple as "make sure you protect people's info, or this gesture could backfire". It's a no-brainer, but he didn't think it through. Because he's an idiot.

👣

LOL. You honestly think he hires IT guys personally and that IT guys in today's day and age need to be told to protect personal info? C'mon.

Obviously, they do.

Jeb was orchestrating a political gesture. Had it worked out, he not his IT guys would have gotten the credit for it. It didn't work out, so he not his IT guys get the blame.

👣

Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It's just as disingenuous about blaming Bush personally for the SNAFU--it's not like the gov is running the IT farm personally.

Is it now??? Maybe he shouldn't call himself the "eGovenor" then.

I'm sure you were just as objective in your opinions when the ObamaCare website started as well right??? I mean it's not like anyone tried blaming him personally or anything did they??? Oh wait...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Although we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, I believe this pic of good 'ole Jeb speaks a thousand words. Well that and the fact that many consider him RINO.

I cannot get behind this man.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

It's just as disingenuous about blaming Bush personally for the SNAFU--it's not like the gov is running the IT farm personally.

Is it now??? Maybe he shouldn't call himself the "eGovenor" then.

I'm sure you were just as objective in your opinions when the ObamaCare website started as well right??? I mean it's not like anyone tried blaming him personally or anything did they??? Oh wait...

Naw, he got blamed for making and pushing a bad policy. Obama wasn't sitting in the IT farm either.
edit on 11-2-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
From the link in the OP:

"In his own introduction to the project, Bush touts his technical prowess, referring to himself as “The eGovernor” for how easy it was to email with him when he was in office.

This is the second Internet-related snafu in as many days from his campaign. In a tiff goof that now seems tame by comparison, on Monday, his office admitted that they had asked their new Chief Technology Officer to delete jokes he’d tweeted about “sluts.”

Obviously he wanted to come across as tech-savvy, to compensate for how un-savvy gwb was.

That just make this even worse for him and the Bush dynasty. "Hey, look at me! I'm modern! Oops." 😂

👣

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan
I'm a little confused... was this a public email address, as in one he used for his job as Governor? If so, especially in Florida, that makes the entire content of the email public property and the senders of those emails had no expectation of privacy.

Yes, it would be understandable if it's a public email address. But SS #s, home addresses, and other personal info too? Good luck to him in getting any additional donors going forward. They won't trust him for fear they'll be victims of id theft.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'll be honest...as a conservative Republican, I hope he leaves the race and frees up massive amounts of campaign money for actual non-RHINO Republican candidates.
There's little difference between Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton IMO.

The Bush's refer to the Clinton's as family. Hell Pres. GW Bush refers to Hillary as his "Sister-In-Law"..

What is different between Jeb and Hillary? Well...a very short list at the end of the day, but most importantly their last names...and that is what this coming election looks to be about. Playing to the lowest cognitive ability...Name recognition and party allegiance. That is what disappoints me the most. Hoping for some 3rd party action in the coming year.
edit on 11-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh thats hilarious, I hope they find enough dirt to put this guy so far away from the white house that he forgets what stat its in.......

Holy cow.....

I wish no ill on anyone within those email, but if there is anything criminal i hope they get their due.....

This guy doesnt have a conservative bone in his body, establishment all the way.....can we really tell the difference anymore between the republicrats and the Demopublicans? the line is so blurred anymore

3rd party please please please

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: XTexan
I'm a little confused... was this a public email address, as in one he used for his job as Governor? If so, especially in Florida, that makes the entire content of the email public property and the senders of those emails had no expectation of privacy.

Yes, it would be understandable if it's a public email address. But SS #s, home addresses, and other personal info too? Good luck to him in getting any additional donors going forward. They won't trust him for fear they'll be victims of id theft.

The kind of donors he lines up for the White House don't send emails or write personal checks. They sit behind the scenes and issue donations to his superpac from shell corporations named MyOffshoreMoney, LLC. a subsidiary of Effoff, Inc. HQed in the Cayman Isles.

Jeb Bush’s eye-popping event: $100K per ticket
www.politico.com...
edit on 11-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
3rd party please please please

Agreed!!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Aleister

It said in the article that the phone numbers had been removed. That would mean that someone did actually go through and scrub some of the info out at some point and yet missed all the rest. So once again, just like Dubya and 911 we are really looking at a situation where the choice of excuses comes down to either "Incompetence" or "Deliberate Intent to cause Harm", neither of which are going to go over real well.

The eGovernor, yet he wasn't smart enough to write a regex that could pattern match email addresses or home addresses. So much for his technical prowess claim, same to his web chief who somehow didn't know that stuff either.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join