It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Police: Incompetence And Corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Among the incompetence of ESKOM (South African electricity public utility), there are many other levels of incompetence in South Africa. And this is just a few photos that illustrate the state our police are in. This creates a clear view of the attitude and level of commitment of the people who are supposed to keep us safe.

And this is not even speaking to the fact that many thousands of police officers has been convicted of crimes, or has become a police officer after being convicted of crimes. This is really just the ground level incompetence of our police.

Just by the way, in South Africa this is called "Name & Shame".

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What form of government is in SA?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The "do what you want" form.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Picture ten, he seems to be pregnant of a twin or maybe even three

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I lol'd.

Unfortunately, one cannot discuss most of the problems there.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

It just gets ignored a lot, but if you follow the right paths, and know the right people, some issues can be resolved.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Just a bit more on the Corruption in South Africa.

Pretoria - A staggering 83 percent of South Africans believe the police are corrupt, Transparency International has revealed.

In its Global Corruption Barometer 2013, released this week, Transparency International said South Africa was among 36 countries in which the police were seen as the most corrupt institution.

“About 83 percent of South Africans believed that police were corrupt. Thirty-six percent admitted to having paid bribes to police,” the report said.

She said the murder in broad daylight of people such as taxi driver Mido Macia and activist Andries Tatane by the police was clearly indicative of the kind of police force South Africa had.

“Police demand bribes each time they stop a car, and they threaten those who refuse to pay bribes.

“Police steal from houses of victims of crime when they go to their houses to get statements from the victims.

“This is not surprising as thousands of police officers have criminal records,” Kohler-Barnard said.

www.iol.co.za...-aUd3A

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Cops sleeping on the job

A CONCERNED resident who wanted to report a burglary at his home on August 22 found three officers at the Ermelo police station asleep on the job.

Now, calls have been made for Mpumalanga police commissioner Lieutenant-General Thulani Ntobela to investigate the officers found sleeping on duty at the station.

This follows the release of photos of them snoozing at the station’s charge office.

“We… have been receiving numerous complaints… about police not responding to calls or sleeping while on duty. [We] have now received pictures from a concerned member of the community who discovered the sleeping officials on August 22 while wanting to report a burglary at his home,” provincial DA leader Anthony Benadie said yesterday.

The latest crime statistics for the police station indicate that 28 murders were committed between April 2010 and March last year. There were 25 cases of attempted murder recorded in the same period, while burglaries at residential premises stood at 798, common assault at 543 and commercial crime cases at 357.

www.iol.co.za...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This one was hard to find online, but here is another view of the corruption inside the SAPS (South African Police Service)

TEN Cops And One Former Policeman Learned The Hard Way That No One Is Above The Law!

9 Constables, 1 sergeant and a former SAPS employee were arrested on charges of corruption at the Parow Police Station on Friday.

They allegedly took bribes from suspects and stole evidence. The men were arrested by members of the anti-corruption unit, which was launched two months ago.

Western Cape Commissioner Lieutenant-General Arno Lamoer welcomed the arrests.

“This will send out a strong message to all police officials that bad elements in the service will not be tolerated.

“We will leave no stone unturned when it comes to corrupt officials,” he said.

Lamoer promised that even though a large number of cops were arrested, the police station would not be affected.

“We wish to assure the community of Parow that service delivery will not be compromised. Measures have been put in place to make sure all services are available,” he said.

The suspects are due to appear in the Bellville Magistrates Court today.

According to the Western Cape police’s latest annual report, 183 cops were found guilty in criminal cases in the past year and 44 of them were specifically found guilty of corruption or corruption-related charges.

Community Safety MEC Dan Plato said he trusted that the arrests would be backed with careful investigation.

“Corruption will not be tolerated. I commend the police for taking action against their own. It is everyone’s role to help keep the police accountable.

“The public should report any wrongdoing, attempted bribery or corruption to their local police,” he said.

www.topsanews.co.za...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is one of the best ones ive seen: i.imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It is good to see that something is done about it

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hurtz

Got any link to the article?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

The guys on the top is really stepping up to their responsibilities the last few years, but the top is still rotten like the bottom!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

the article was origionally on timeslive.co.za but looks like it got removed. sorry man.
here is another discussion about it on mybroadband:
mybroadband.co.za...
but nothing really noteworthy. I just recalled seeing that picture a while back and thought it fit the discussion quite nicely.

rectum??? damn near killed him!!!

hurtz

edit to add: found a fragment of the article in google cache if you interested:
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:goYuyAkwlqcJ:www.timeslive.co.za/local/2010/03/06/metro-cop-uses-shotgun-as-a-chair+&cd=1&hl=en&c t=clnk&gl=za

edit on 04000000Mon, 16 Feb 2015 04:35:25 -06002846 by hurtz because: added link to cached article.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hurtz

Thats to bad, but thanks anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
a "Create jobs for the previously disadvantaged at all cost" style government.
I do not kid.
Half of these "officers" do not have a matric (grade 12 / high school) certificate or drivers permit.
Can hardly write english and do not understand the concept of staying in shape to do their jobs efficiently.

Re the writing of english.... one unfortunate lady had her PURSE stolen, apon reading the docket that was opened for the theft she found that they apparently stole he "P#SS".
I cannot make this up... this actually happened.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

That's hectic, and yes, I heard some of these stories to!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Dont get me wrong, I love my country.
We have so much natural beauty around us.
But, its hard to see the way things are going now.
Jy weet mos man.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

I love my country also, trust me, just check out my threads. (the ones who is not about the joke of country named SA)

new topics

top topics

join