It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health officials confirm first case of measles in GA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Source

The infant arrived in Atlanta from outside of the U.S. and is being cared for at Egleston at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.

It irks me that these news stories do NOT give enough info. Did the child fly into Atlanta? If so, when and what area of the airport? People who may have been exposed need to know these things! People on the flight need to know. This is, of course, assuming the child arrived at Atlanta via an airplane. Like I said, not enough info!

Will post more as info comes in.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
On this link: Source

DPH is working with CHOA and the CDC to identify anyone who may have been exposed to the patient in order to prevent further spread of measles.

Why not just be up front about where this infant has been? Why not just say it?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Well I may be nursing a mild case of it here where I'm at.

My kiddo has developed a head to toe rash that looks very suspicious and the NP who saw him last night looked long and hard at it and asked us twice if he'd had his shots. In the end, they diagnosed "viral rash" and sent us home and told us to watch him and make sure his symptoms didn't get severe.

It's like she couldn't quite believe it was, but couldn't quite say it wasn't, either. Either way, he looks horrible and doesn't feel good and the symptoms fit the pattern.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Why not just be up front about where this infant has been? Why not just say it?

Usually that means it's a group that's pandered to by the press.

Same reason when you get some politico screwing up, it's either -R or nothing. When you get the nothing option instead of news, it's them wanting to be gentle and sweet to a lefty voting bloc.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Did he have any sort of virus in the last few days? Cough? Sniffles? Run a fever off and on? Tummy ache?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

My kiddo has developed a head to toe rash that looks very suspicious and the NP who saw him last night looked long and hard at it and asked us twice if he'd had his shots. In the end, they diagnosed "viral rash" and sent us home and told us to watch him and make sure his symptoms didn't get severe.

It's like she couldn't quite believe it was, but couldn't quite say it wasn't, either. Either way, he looks horrible and doesn't feel good and the symptoms fit the pattern.

Did your child recently get the MMR vaccine? I'm asking because they can come down with a 'mild' case of measles from the shot itself. I hope you son feels better real soon! Vitamin A & C, if you can get it down him!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Get him looked at by someone else.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Did he have any sort of virus in the last few days? Cough? Sniffles? Run a fever off and on? Tummy ache?

Sent home with a fever of 102 on Wednesday afternoon also cough and runny nose ever since started breaking out on Saturday. At the time, the doctor said maybe a mild ear infection and gave him anti-biotics, but he never perked up like he normally does.

And they ruled out reaction to the anti-biotic at the Urgent Care clinic last night which is what we thought it might be. He is still running a fever today although he wasn't for a while in the middle of it all. The fever started coming back last night.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Pharma and the corporate media routinely collude to suppress information and direct you to information designed to elicit a certain response.

When you hear 100 cases in the US you need to know how many had the full 2 shot vaccination. Right now it's 15%. This defines the vaccine effectiveness.

Then you need to know how old the people are. The CDC recommends a MMR booster for college students. Why? Because they know you loose immunity after 10-12 years. Out of the 100 infected, 60 were adults.

You often hear about herd immunity. According to the CDC it happens at 85-95% vaccination rate. According to the CDC vaccination rates in the US are 95%+ for school children so you have plenty of herd immunity.
source

During the last school year, 3.3% of California kindergartners -- about 18,200 -- were allowed to skip vaccinations, according to the CDC. The vast majority of exemptions were due to personal beliefs.

The internet is crawling with Pharma shills. You never really know for sure but they are all singing from the same songbook. They will take the time to go back a forth for days at a time. It's almost like they have nothing better to do.

link to ATS thread
edit on 9-2-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: added sources

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Also, can you give a general idea of your location? (NE in the US, or midwest, etc...)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

He had his shots on schedule, so that wouldn't be it. If anything, they give the booster between 4 and 6 years. Typically before kindergarten or around 5. He is 4 and a 1/2, so his immunity might have worn off or be wearing off, enough to have allowed him to get it.

Thing is, there have been no known cases in our area which is another reason why we can't quite believe this is what he's got between the shot and lack of known cases.

I guess there always has to be a first one.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Also, can you give a general idea of your location? (NE in the US, or midwest, etc...)

We are in the Midwest. They do have cases in Nebraska, so it wouldn't be that far for it to travel.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Dang, those symptoms sure sound like the way measles present. I wonder why, in light of all of this measles concern, why they did not do a blood test to determine if your son has measles. It CAN happen in vaccinated people. And it could be spreading as they twiddle their thumbs and "Hmmm" about it. I mean, your child caught something from somewhere. They should do due diligence... for your son AND your whole community.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

He had his shots on schedule, so that wouldn't be it. If anything, they give the booster between 4 and 6 years. Typically before kindergarten or around 5. He is 4 and a 1/2, so his immunity might have worn off or be wearing off, enough to have allowed him to get it.

Thing is, there have been no known cases in our area which is another reason why we can't quite believe this is what he's got between the shot and lack of known cases.

I guess there always has to be a first one.

I understand what you're saying. And yet, there were no known cases at Disneyland... until there were!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

A measles like rash can appear 14 days after getting the MMR2. Could also be Roseola.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Just saw on the local news that the child flew from Kyrgyzstan, to Istanbul, to Chicago, then to ATl.

:/

12 Monkeys, anyone?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

He hasn't had his booster.

We're hoping he's just getting Roseola late. But if his fever spikes up high, we're taking him back to the doctor.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

We are in the Midwest. They do have cases in Nebraska, so it wouldn't be that far for it to travel.

Please know, I have no medical training, but I do remember having the measles when I was a young child. Until you find out for sure, I just want to share that protecting his eyes from bright light is important. My mother pulled down the shades in the daytime and kept only a dim light on in the evening. No TV was allowed. We did not have home computers & smart phones back then, but I'm sure she'd have kept those away too.

Again, I'm no doctor... just a person with past experience who wishes to share, in case your son does have measles.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I think he said his son is 4 1/2, so has not had the 2nd shot. I assume the first shot was years ago. So probably not vaccine-related.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Just saw on the local news that the child flew from Kyrgyzstan, to Istanbul, to Chicago, then to ATl.

:/

12 Monkeys, anyone?

...with measles? If so, you've found the source!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join