It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat escapes shelter to reunite with rescuer; Have kleenex handy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just in time for Caturday!

“We get several dogs and cats dropped off in this neighborhood so I figured this was another one,” Ann explained who welcomed the visitor with a soft voice. “What came out from under that bush was a large, beautiful cat with a white tip on his tail. I said, ‘Aren’t you a fancy thing?”

“After a week, he was on the porch, morning and evening, waiting,” Ann said. “He stayed a month. My husband figured we already had enough animals with a dog and two cats and wanted me to take the cat to the animal shelter. The next morning, I reluctantly loaded him up in a cat carrier and off we went. I dropped him off and an attendant took him to the back where the cages are. When he brought me my carrier, he said that the cat was back there banging his head against the iron cage door.”

Ann began checking the shelter’s website for an adoption photo of the cat, but she never saw one. She was hopeful that someone had perhaps adopted him right away before there was time to create an adoption listing. But she was very wrong. You see, the cat had actually escaped from the shelter a short 20 minutes after she had driven off. This feline literally couldn’t be contained, and it would seem he was tracking one particular person to one particular place. He’d already found his adopter, she just didn’t know it yet.

“I looked at the clock and wondered who was at my house at 5:30 am.,” Ann said. “I got up to see and what I found was nothing short of a miracle. I saw a cat, sitting at my husband’s feet, talking to him. I kept trying to focus on the cat and when he flipped his tail around, I saw proof. There was the white tip. I started crying and quietly said ‘Oh my baby, Hi Fancy.’ He turned, saw me and ran to me, talking and squealing the whole way. I truly think he was saying ‘I found you! I’m home now.’”

Despite her husband’s short-lived initial objections, this time Ann had made up her mind. Mr. Fancy was here to stay.

Such a sweet story! Reminds me of my Trouble! We gave her a away too and she came back to us as well. Beautiful cat in the story!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This old stray tabby cat adopted my brother. I guess she knew he would be an easy sucker because she kept showing up in front of his place every morning or he'd find her laying on the hood of his car. When he moved he took her with him. She disappeared soon after the move and he got a call from my step dad (who he'd been living with when he first met the cat). I turns out that she'd run off and went across town to be where she was before. My brother came and picked her up and brought her back home. She never took off again.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
This old stray tabby cat adopted my brother. I guess she knew he would be an easy sucker because she kept showing up in front of his place every morning or he'd find her laying on the hood of his car. When he moved he took her with him. She disappeared soon after the move and he got a call from my step dad (who he'd been living with when he first met the cat). I turns out that she'd run off and went across town to be where she was before. My brother came and picked her up and brought her back home. She never took off again.

I love stories like this. My sister thinks my cat may have gotten into a moving truck, or a family that was moving took her with them. I hope she is loved where she is. If she does come home, as some cats have been known to do, I hope she is safe. It's all I can hope for. I worry about her until then.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
I guess this proves the old adage...

"You don't choose a cat. A cat chooses you."

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What more to add other then, Awwwwww. Little guy adopted them. Loved how he was talking to her husband, probably giving him an ear full about taking him to the shelter then having to walk all the way back to his home.

edit on 7-2-2015 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
What more to add other then, Awwwwww. Little guy adopted them. Loved how he was talking to her husband, probably giving him an ear full about taking him to the shelter then having to walk all the way back to his home.

That was what I thought of the picture too.

LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yeah, this is kind of how we got our P***y Missy. She was a newcomer to the apartment complex stray cat colony, and you could tell she almost wanted attention. She would roll just out of reach and stuff. Well, my husband made the mistake of talking to her when he leave and come home, and all of a sudden, she decided that she wanted to come in and come in now. Every time she would see us, she would break her neck to come in.

We finally decided to let her. We figured we could get her vetted and find her a home. As my husband works for a veterinary pharma company, there are no shortage of animal lovers and pet parents among the employees. We'd done this for a couple of the local ferals. Unfortunately for us, she had a rather "unique" personality and it quickly become apparent that we would not be re-homing her because she just didn't trust people all that much.

She's turned into a nice pet over the years, but she definitely chose us.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yeah, this is kind of how we got our P***y Missy. She was a newcomer to the apartment complex stray cat colony, and you could tell she almost wanted attention. She would roll just out of reach and stuff. Well, my husband made the mistake of talking to her when he leave and come home, and all of a sudden, she decided that she wanted to come in and come in now. Every time she would see us, she would break her neck to come in.

We finally decided to let her. We figured we could get her vetted and find her a home. As my husband works for a veterinary pharma company, there are no shortage of animal lovers and pet parents among the employees. We'd done this for a couple of the local ferals. Unfortunately for us, she had a rather "unique" personality and it quickly become apparent that we would not be re-homing her because she just didn't trust people all that much.

She's turned into a nice pet over the years, but she definitely chose us.

That was like Patches with us. She was a stray that turned up on our doorstep in CA back in the mid-70's. We tried finding her owners, we tried ignoring her, and no matter what there'd she be on our doorstep. So when we moved to NY, we took her with us. She lived out her days as Queen of the roost. LOL As much as it became my job to clean up her vomit, hairballs, and mice she caught, I miss that bugger. LOL She was a beaut! When I get my photo album from storage, I'll scan some pics next month and post them. She's a stunning short hair calico. You'd love her!

new topics

top topics

join