It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cesar Millan Sued In Pit Bull Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I found this statement by the Dog Psychology Center staff:

Gus was removed from the DPC against the strong advice and objection of his trainer, before his rehabilitation was completed," Woodard added. "Because the DPC is not the legal owner of Gus, we were unable to prevent the premature removal by his owner. After the dog bite incident, the owner returned Gus to the DPC and we followed dog bite protocol placing Gus in quarantine."

This woman may be able to successfully sue the current owner of the dog and even the rescuer (Jennifer L. Romano). But I think Cesar, the DPC and whomever else she's suing, are in the clear. I have also read that the dog will be put down. RIP, Gus. I hope life becomes better for you...

Source

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Why is America is the main country where this suing insanity takes place?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: Anyafaj

I have a dog that is part Parson Jack Russell. They are runners. She LOVES the outdoors and I live in an apartment. We go out every hour or every other hour, depending on her nap schedule to do for a walk. Sometimes she even convinces me to do a fast walk/slow jog. Which I'll do for a bit till it aggravates my asthma. I'll do it anyway though because I love her and I know she needs the exercise. Pus, in the long run, the exercise is healthy for my body. It's half past 5am and she got me up a half hour ago because she had to go to the bathroom and a walk. I wasn't thrilled at her timing, but anymore than we can help midnight potty breaks, they can't either. I'm going back to bed here shortly. LOL

you are one of the responsible pet owners. i hope others see your work and follow your lead.

Thank you. I live in an apartment complex. Most of us pick up after our fur babies, but there's a few who refuse. Those who do, tend to be the cleaners who pick up after those who don't so those people who don't own pets don't have to step in it. It's mainly a senior complex with some like myself who are not quite there yet, and we don't feel it's fair to them to have to step in someone else's mess because they're too lazy and can't properly care for their pet and follow the rules here like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: InTheLight

Okay,having dog groomed for 15 years and having to know how the law works when it comes to pets,here it is:In almost all cases of dog ownership,the owners rights trumps the dogs,others and even the man on the street. Even if the center had called the police and had them come out,saying to them,this person is trying to take their dog and we deem it as dangerous.The police according to law,will tell them,that is their right as the owner and there is nothing you can do about it. When the dog actually does something,we can then intervene. In other words,simply knowing that a dog is dangerous is not enough,the dog has to actually DO SOMETHING for the law to get involved.Now in a common sense world,we would say,hey,its just too dangerous,no you can't have your dog,but the law doesn't work that way.

If the owner came and demanded their dog,the center had no choice but to give back the dog. Then when the dog does something,it is on the owner for not controlling the dog. Now if the owner did indeed sign custody of the dog over to the center,then they could refuse it,or if a court order stated that the center had ownership of the dog.

Now for the kicker,it varies from state to state,but once the dog has been involved in a 'serious' attack,here in Missouri once authorities are involved,rabies control then takes auto ownership of the dog,the person that was attacked at that point has final say right then and there with no court order on the fate of the dog. If they want it put down,rabies control takes it and puts it down,nothing the owner can do about it. We had just such a case before I quit grooming.

A Chow that was a known aggressive dog was scheduled for me that day,it never showed up,the owner of the shop wanted me to call the dog owners and see if I could get them in. I told her that if she wanted the money so bad that she would risk her groomers,then she could call them and do the dog herself. She was not happy with me.Money is always the driving force. But I saw all the warnings on that dog and knew how bad he was. Dog never showed up,but about 2 pm we get a call from another dog shop in the area asking if we knew the dog, I gave the phone to the shop owner and let her talk to them. The dog owners had decided they didn't want to pay the handling charges for a mean dog anymore and they would take the dog to another shop and just not tell them. So a groomer that only had 6 months of experience had the dog and it tore his face off.
As they were loading him up in the ambulance,rabies control was there and asked what he wanted done to the dog,and he said to put it down.The owners by now were there and said NO. Rabies control told them that they no longer had ANY rights over the dog since they had no control over the meanness of the dog. And took the dog away and put it down.

It is a shame because someone always gets hurt in these cases and the dog 9 times out of 10 loses its life. Not every dog can be rehabilitated,I have even heard Caesar Milan say the same thing a trainer I worked with years ago say,out of every 100 dogs you train,you will end up having to recommend to the owners that 2 of them are just too dangerous to mess with and need to be put down.Dogs just like humans can have mental issues and be dangerous or mean.Some of them will turn dangerous with little provocation,others need none at all. These dogs there is little hope for. They need to be removed before they change someones life for the worse.

The main thing is people need to understand that the cute fluffy little darling they get today,could have the potential to grow up and be very dangerous tomorrow.They NEED to take it to a trainer to help them have control over it. I have known people that were very good with training their dogs and needed no help at all,but most do.If you plan on getting a larger dog,or one known to have the potential to be dangerous,it is on the owner to make sure that dog is well socialized and corrected when it does something wrong.

Thanks for clearing this up. It sounds like the owner, and the owner ONLY is the one who should be sued, and not Millan. they tried warning the owner, the owner was an idiot, and someone got hurt in the process. Conclusion, owner fault!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join