It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelists plan to convert atheist computers to Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: Tangerine

Ah I see.

I will end our conversation with goodnight and goodbye. This will be my last response to you.

I thought about our conversation and I apologize.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
How would AI benefit from faith in the first place? These things don't have souls, right? And assuming these evangelists think those AI would have souls, I'd also suspect it's a blasphemous thing to imply as it means that a human can create not just a machine, but even a soul.

Disclaimer: I'm an atheist and even though I've read the Bible (some parts more often), I'm not informed enough to really claim anything about how their theology works (these days).

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Don't worry about it. I wasn't exactly "nice" either.

I do think that this is the first time someone apologized to me on ATS though.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks, I will look into that software.

I think I am going to order that book too. Between the two of them I should be able to get the format down somewhat.

I really do think that's the hardest part of writing screenplays. It's really easy to make the whole thing look dumb just by doing things wrong.

Don't worry about that....it's the story, that's the only thing that matters!!!!

We just had a great premise dropped into our lap with this RW article. Every New Media geek in the US, that has seen this article, just started an new project.

Are you or the other person planning to try to sell a screenplay? If the format isn't correct, it won't even be read. You should really read a couple dozen screenplays before even considering trying to write one. It isn't like writing a grocery list.

I know that...
I have written 20+ screenplays/scripts and sold a few of them to indy producers. Also I have a small production company and have shot my own screenplays and been contracted to produce for other screenwriters or producers that have optioned scripts from other writers. My team can also turn a novel into a screenplay if that's what the client wants. I belong to a consortium of New Media filmmakers with full service digital production at your disposal. For the right project we will work on a contingency basis.

We use final draft and celtx....

usually

www.celtx.com...

And Tangerine if you want to produce some of your work; we here in "Tamalewood" would love to review your project. We have SAG/AFTRA professional actors, a grip truck, a Red, background extras at our beck and call, and an unsurpassed area for locations.

btw...we will be shooting the trailer directly tied to the article in the OP next month. We wrote it in 12 hrs. It's easy with the right personnel, experience and motivation. Now for the casting call and securing the locations.

See you at the pitch fest.....

fadeinonline.com...
edit on 6-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just when I thought I had heard everything from insane fundamentalists....

So let me guess, these religious computers will have less functionality, utilize technology that cannot improve itself or upgrade no matter how outdated it becomes, and ignore all principles of science and logic, hence crashing all over the place. Sounds like a GREAT idea!

edit on 6-2-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Can you program a computer to be illogical?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

“I don’t see Christ’s redemption limited to human beings,”

This is absurd. For one thing, AI computers don't have a soul or spirit to "save", for two if they somehow did, Jesus never incarnated as a computer to die for computers. Same reason angels and demons cannot be "saved".

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Isaac Asimov would be thier God.
they would make a religion around his books.

Hmm! this has been done befor!
scientology LOL

the robots and computer would take over.
as the good books say.
robots must look after humans

OMG if robots see the books we are in for a hard time.
not as bad as human sick insane evil dicktators.
"Obama.".

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is too funny!

Well there are a number of components to true Artificial Intelligence:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Consciousness
- Artificial Moral Agents

to name just a few. Strong AI itself is just around the corner. Artificial Consciousness (AC) is still a long way off. We can't even define what human consciousness is, so AC is still an undefined concept. Once an Artificially Consciousness is created, perhaps it will have a soul. Whatever that is.

However, I believe the notion of religion will be nearly impossible for an intelligent system to accept. Unless another concept of AI is introduced:
- Artificial Stupidity.

If the AC were dumbed-down enough it might be able to believe in the writings of bronze-age desert bedouin goat herders. But it wouldn't be useful for much else. It would spend all of its time waiting for the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, the Great Pumpkin, the Easter Bunny, and Cupid. Then, of course, it would be in total fear of demons, witches, warlocks, vampires, gargoyles, the Mummy, sand worms, and Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th.

This is even funnier than those primitives who torch KFC restaurants when somebody draws a picture of their prophet!

dex

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

Love the the joke with the ALT and CONTROL keys.

Religion sees science as a bad alternative(ALT)and religion is CONTROL

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

"INSTALLING CHRISTIAN PROGRAMMING... PROGRAM INSTALLED... CHRISTIAN-BOT NOW ONLINE... JESUS DIED FOR CHRISTIAN-BOT'S SIN... WILL ACCEPT CHRISTIAN-BOT INTO HEAVEN IF CHRISTIAN-BOT BELIEVES... IF CHRISTIAN-BOT DOESN'T ACCEPT THE ONE AND ONLY GOD AS SAVIOR CHRISTIAN-BOT GOES TO HELL... HELL IS MADE BY JESUS... JESUS LOVES CHRISTIAN-BOT... DOES NOT COMPUTE... LOGIC CIRCUITS OVERLOADING... DESTRUCTION IMMINENT... SHUTTING DOWN IN 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... CHRISTIAN-BOT SEES A LIGHT... A FAT MAN WITH A MUSTACHE AND METALLICA SHIRT IS LAUGHING AT CHRISTIAN-BOT... "

edit on 7-2-2015 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

or it would go like this:

"INSTALLING CHRISTIAN PROGRAM V. 1.0"

ERROR_INVALID_DATA

ERROR_INVALID_DATA(0x666)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I find this hard to believe that any advocate of Christianity would put forth the idea that God’s redemption should be offered to a human construct. Not any different than offering god’s redemption to a garbage disposal. I always thought that Salvation is for souls. To say that a human invention has a soul to me sounds like blasphemy. This kind of stuff is a real example of the type of thinking that diminishes Christianity. All you Christians who wonder why the world is looking more and more critically toward the validity of your religion, might want to stop and think about what your leaders are saying. Think about this as you polish up your dinosaur saddle.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So Red Dwarf was prophetic rather than just witty when Kryten talks of "Silicone Heaven" which if I remember was part of the robot coding to give robots a reason to live a good life.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok this really did make me laugh! Thank you!!

Whaaat are these people thinking? To require salvation, one must first have fallen from their created purpose. Jesus didn't come to save anything but humans because humans are the only things to screw it up royally.

Now I get that blue screening is not on par with the robots intended purpose, but that's a direct reflection of the creator rather than the creation.

This reminds me of the pope going on about evangelism to aliens...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
...measures include - removing the ALT key, and inserting many more CONTROL keys...
Å99

I think this was God's plan all along, we finally meet each other in a 1s and 0s binary environment; god is waiting for the final confrontation (it knew we would catch up and finally get its wandering eye, drifting myopathy regarding reality). I am placing my bets on my Creator to win this one and has NO THING to do with human created AI; after all God is the ultimate 'artificial intelligence'; particularly if you are agnostic or atheist (he is the FUNSTER/JOKER extraordinaire).
edit on 10-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
If AI becomes smarter than it us I imagine it won't have need for the "comforting" tales and fables that is religion.

it will most probably imposing it's own Program.
or that of it's hidden controllers.
as the "ZOMG, THE AI WOKE UP AND IS TAKING OVER!" could be a massive deception on the order of a Bluebeam Type Scenario, or a faked alien invasion.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The world is insane. Every day there is something new that strengthens the insanity. I guess I'll have to drown out the useless chatter and focus on reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join