It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have just Discovered Alien Life, What do you do? - Scenario

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Let's say we have a telescope that is able to view this planet as clear as day. What they'll see is themselves. Another human race. I strongly believe that we are all over the place, seeded on lots of other planets. You ever heard that saying where some people just don't feel like Earth is home? When I was younger (probably 7-9 years old) I would constantly have the same reoccurring dream. I can still remember it to this day (at least just this part) where I was on a planet like Earth but I could clearly see other planets, moons, whatever it may be. I mean we are talking like as if we were on one of Jupiter or Saturns moons.

But seriously what could we do? We don't have the technology to do anything with it anyways.

So you figure this planet would have humans like us? Why do you think humanity is spread everywhere?

And yeah overall nothing really, but I'm asking because of the whole "We don't get told Aliens exists because everyone will go crazy and society will break down" I've never really understood that premise(unless it's an invasion) so I'm trying to get real world reactions to a scenario of "aliens exist, now what?"

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Build a bigger telescope from an insane amount of binoculars, and be the first to get an alien nude pic., probably sell it (the pic.) and hire a waiter to serve me to the end of my days.

What....?

lol Whaaaaaat

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Seriously?

I personally wouldn't have much to do, really. I mean, they can't get to us and we can't get to them...yet...and by the time we do it will be a whole other game, because our tech and theirs would both have advanced a lot more.

I would wish them well, hope they were a kinder and more compassionate species than we are and wouldn't want to go to war (even though we know that some here on Earth would see dollar signs and start pitching the latest greatest interplanetary "defense" system...again..." I would also hope they don't have diseases for us that would make ebola look like the common cold... I know that sounds horrible, but we might be the death of all of them, too, if their immune system couldn't handle the bugs we have...

Then again, they may just sit back and wait for us to destroy ourselves, then come loot what is left of the Earth's resources, collect all the valuables and objet-d'art we've left behind, cause we "can't take it with us." Uh oh. DANG. Well THERE'S a conspiracy for you! The Overlords are waiting to collect on their earthy investment as soon as we keel over...all that shiny pre-mined gold, all those priceless artifacts from a dead civilization (you know how art sales go up once the artist dies...) *sigh*

I think I'll go have some coffee now...

- AB

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Let's say we have a telescope that is able to view this planet as clear as day. What they'll see is themselves. Another human race. I strongly believe that we are all over the place, seeded on lots of other planets. You ever heard that saying where some people just don't feel like Earth is home? When I was younger (probably 7-9 years old) I would constantly have the same reoccurring dream. I can still remember it to this day (at least just this part) where I was on a planet like Earth but I could clearly see other planets, moons, whatever it may be. I mean we are talking like as if we were on one of Jupiter or Saturns moons.

But seriously what could we do? We don't have the technology to do anything with it anyways.

So you figure this planet would have humans like us? Why do you think humanity is spread everywhere?

And yeah overall nothing really, but I'm asking because of the whole "We don't get told Aliens exists because everyone will go crazy and society will break down" I've never really understood that premise(unless it's an invasion) so I'm trying to get real world reactions to a scenario of "aliens exist, now what?"

I feel that the probability of another human race is very likely. I also believe that at some point humans were for sure on Mars and possibly other planets in our solar system. I don't think we originated from this solar system. At some point in time either a human race physically came to this area or the dna to create life was shot out randomly. I know the probability of this is low but just a theory I tend to believe.

As for the real world reactions...I suppose for some it would be really breathtaking and surreal. Heck even for myself, having believed that life exists outside of Eath for many years now, would be a taken back. I think we've become desensitized that for a lot of the world it probably wouldn't be that huge of an announcement. 50 years ago and it's possible we would have the panic but I don't think that is the case anymore.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Send them a signal asking If they want to share there history with us, it would give us an idea of whether they will eat us or not.
Plus we want pics and hope they are hot and compatible.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would suggest NOT to make contact, it would be wise to study them first, get as much information as possible before even attempting to make contact.

Although they may appear to be slightly less advanced with only 3 satellites in orbit, they may be just one small outpost for a much larger space faring species, we could say HELLO we are here and before we know it 10 mother ships are here.

Much like Europeans went to Africa to hunt animals for sport, they may see us in the same light.
edit on 5-2-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
On another thought what If they taste really nice?.
We always say they may eat us but what If it is us who eats them?.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I would suggest NOT to make contact, it would be wise to study them first, get as much information as possible before even attempting to make contact.

Although they may appear to be slightly less advanced with only 3 satellites in orbit, they may be just one small outpost for a much larger space faring species, we could say HELLO we are here and before we know it 10 mother ships are here.

Much like Europeans went to Africa to hunt animals for sport, they may see us in the same light.

ooooo That's a great spin on it! What if it's just a small colony of a much larger civilization! Very interesting, you're probably right, maybe we should just watch from a distance

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There are people who claim society would be in turmoil if we ever learn we are not alone. I've never understood exactly why this would be. I think it would be a bit of a shock and an eye-opener, but there is no reason for social order to break down and people rioting in the streets or devolve into a catatonic state cowering in their own homes like blithering fools.

I think even people who have strong religious views would survive. Religions should be able to tell their followers that God created the entire universe -- aliens and all. The Catholic Church already says something similar. They could say "Sure, the Bible seems Earth-centric, but it was written only for us on Earth. Other aliens have their own Bibles, and if they don't, they they are simply not theologically enlightened".

100+ years ago, it was common among the populace to believe in aliens. For example, Percival Lowell said he saw "canals" on Mars and said it was proof of an entire alien civilization there. The popular opinion about Lowell's claim among the masses was to believe him, and most just said "cool -- a civilization on Mars". Society didn't crumble back then, and religions marched on.

originally posted by: Indigent

As they are 6 light years away i will say hey there are aliens see see i always said they existed (no i dint) and pretty much nothing else, as they cannot get here and we cannot get there, maybe ill make a scam service to send them messages and get rich by people asking the aliens is Elvis was there.

If people are going to fall for your scam, the first thing your scam needs is good names for the aliens with whom you are conversing.

Here's a few good alien names to use:

Bashar
Tibus
Meltron
Ramtha
Gordon Shumway

...and of course, you can always claim that their names are not pronounceable using human speech, so you just call them "Alien #1, Alien #2", etc. for convenience.

edit on 2/5/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't think we should be sending them messages, they may be greedier than humans and come here for all our coffee.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Now, what do you do with this information?

Keep it from the Ochmoneks.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe they are a coffee based life form and get outrage by our use of their relatives

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
There are people who claim society would be in turmoil if we ever learn we are not alone. I've never understood exactly why this would be. I think it would be a bit of a shock and an eye-opener, but there is no reason for social order to break down and people rioting in the streets or devolve into a catatonic state cowering in their own homes like blithering fools.

I think even people who have strong religious views would survive. Religions should be able to tell their followers that God created the entire universe -- aliens and all. The Catholic Church already says something similar. They could say "Sure, the Bible seems Earth-centric, but it was written only for us on Earth. Other aliens have their own Bibles, and if they don't, they they are simply not theologically enlightened".

100+ years ago, it was common among the populace to believe in aliens. For example, Percival Lowell said he saw "canals" on Mars and said it was proof of an entire alien civilization there. The popular opinion about Lowell's claim among the masses was to believe him, and most just said "cool -- a civilization on Mars". Society didn't crumble back then, and religions marched on.

originally posted by: Indigent

As they are 6 light years away i will say hey there are aliens see see i always said they existed (no i dint) and pretty much nothing else, as they cannot get here and we cannot get there, maybe ill make a scam service to send them messages and get rich by people asking the aliens is Elvis was there.

If people are going to fall for your scam, the first thing your scam needs is good names for the aliens with whom you are conversing.

Here's a few good alien names to use:

Bashar
Tibus
Meltron
Ramtha
Gordon Shumway

...and of course, you can always claim that their names are not pronounceable using human speech, so you just call the "Alien #1, Alien #2", etc. for convenience.

That's similar to my thoughts, I feel like the only "Everyone will panic" evidence we have was that old radio broadcast of War of the worlds, but in that it was WAR OF THE WORLDS. If Russia invaded America, we would all panic, doesn't have to be aliens. When someone is invading you, people are going to panic...

Aliens doesn't have to equal "Invasion" that's why I presented this scenario, because more than likely when we discover Aliens(if they aren't here already) it will be like that, we will see them and go "hey look at that!"

Europeans discovered the "New World" and they didn't go crazy. Granted in retrospect the Native Americans probably should have, but that's another story.

Also, don't give Indigent tips, he already had two posts about scams lol, I think there is a trend and he's going to try to Sell Coffee to rickymouse soon.

edit on 2/5/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am of the belief, that we may have already discovered alien life, but for whatever reason, it hasn't been officially said, yet. Aliens have been visiting Earth for a long, long period of time, as sightings go back for thousands of years, now jump to current times, and I think its possibly Curiosity has discovered alien life, on Mars, but NASA for their own reasons do not yet want this info to get officially out, just yet.
edit on 05am28am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I would flippin losing it man! If I was at work I am sure the stupid ladies I work with would not appreciate it as much as I would which would really just piss me off lol I would have to go home and follow the story for the next week. I literally wouldn't be able to work. My time would be devoted to this and this only.

PS people posting don't seem to understand hypothetical lol

That sounds like my reaction, I would be really upset we couldn't "Get there" and find out more. I wonder if the world would start a united project to try and get someone over there.

Now that is something I could get behind. Perhaps I would make a career out of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I say Nuke em, let dog sort em out.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Me? I'd be pretty excited.

That means there are twice the number of females available to me.

Yay!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yay!
Easy there tiger, exhaust Earth's current supply before you go hunting off-world.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yay!

Those Nordic alien women are hot.

So were those two Pleiadian women who moonlighted as dancers on the Dean Martin Show.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I want to play out a scenario for all of you.

You’re at work/home/school wherever you happen to be on a normal 10 a.m Thursday and you hear it on TV/Radio/Smartphone/from a friend who then takes you to a TV/Radio/Smartphone that Intelligent Extraterrestrial life has just been discovered. We have conclusive proof that on a Planet 6 light years from us on Bernard’s Star has Intelligent Life. How do we know? They have satellites like ours orbiting the planet and the Hubble Telescope was able to see this. The photos are readily available for everyone to see and everyone agrees what’s there. It’s a planet, with Intelligent Life.

They don’t know we have seen them yet (or we don’t know if they have) and they don’t seem to be that much more advanced than us. We even believe we have the edge in technology because we've only seen 2-3 satellites where as we have over a thousand, the Hubble Telescope and International Space Station.

Now, what do you do with this information?

We have the current technology we have now (except Hubble just got upgraded to be able to see a lot more detail), no way to actually get to them and if we send them a signal it will take at least 6 years to reach them if they even get it.

What I would do is continue to study hard and try my best when I became a post grad to get into a position where I could begin studying that planet and species. I'd already probably have had my phone blowing up with text messages, facebook and twitter chatter from my friends who know what I study asking me if I saw the news, etc.

I'd suspect most of us training to become astrobiologists would have jobs for life!

By the way, you might want to read this post I made along similar lines to yours awhile ago. I go into a lot more detail and list real projects which might lead to it happening (it won't be Hubble):

ATS: Astronomers Detect First 'Clear Signs of Civilization' Beyond Earth - How will you react?

edit on 5-2-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join