It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hitler Tamed By Prison" - The New York Times, December 21, 1924

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It's an incredible headline.

One that seems ridiculous, almost comical, in hindsight.

I'm posting in the hope that someone else might be able to shed some light on the eerie feeling that the article gives me, that I should be learning something incredibly important from this snapshot of history that I can't quite put in to words.

Somewhere, in some other place and at some other time, there is a butterfly fluttering it's wings...

edit on 4/2/2015 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

Where did you find that?.
Strange I agree they sure got that wrong didn't they.
S&F.
edit on 4-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Proof that the MSM has been under control for a long time.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I changed the title as the NYT archive states the original article appeared in the Sunday 21st (not 20th) December, 1924 issue, page 16.

Page 16.

Again, time makes fools of us all.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It shows how appeasement is candy for the wicked.
The publics' apprehension is appeased by those words at the time, while Hitler regains his freedom. He wrote a book while in that prison, he never hid his intentions, others did as can plainly be seen from this report of the time.

The parallel today is what Islamic State is doing and getting away with. Isis was defeated in Iraq, then Obama came with his appeasement tour and the rest is history.

Appeasement is weakness, weakness emboldens and enables the enemies of peace.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"Dewey Defeats Truman"

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yup.

"Looking sadder and wiser".... as he drove off holding the draft copy of Mein Kampf in hands.

edit on 4-2-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
''retiring to a private life in Austria..'' or masterminding the genocide of millions and almost trashing all humanity.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

"Peace in our time"

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Prison does not tame anyone.
I makes them more cunning and desensitized to violence.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Page 16?! By God, I'll show them.

edit on 4-2-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

"Peace in our time"

One of the 20th Century's true *Gems*

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

He will retire to private life and return to Austria

Whoever wrote this can join many others on the predictions forum...

I say we all print that and sue the newspaper for false information or something. I could use a couple bucks.

Nice find, OP! S&F

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He wrote Mein Kampf in prison, so if the New York Times had any awareness of that they probably would have changed their tune. Just goes to show that the news is never right.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LiveForever8
His behaviour during imprisonment convinced authorities that, like his political organization, known as the Völkisher, was no longer to be feared.

I especially like this part.

That might just be the worst prisoner evaluation committed in history.

Let's see, we keep this guy locked up for the five years he's supposed to serve, and we might just defuse a global conflict that lasts for five years, leads to more than 60 000 000 people's deaths and turns the Fatherland into rubble, or we let him out early on good behaviour, and we have one mouth less to feed in our prison.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Heliocentric because: thick blanket of snow snuggling the flowerbeds with a winter wrap

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I wonder if he took the "prison shower" route while in stir. If so that may have shoved him into more anger and thinking the world betrayed him. It may have been done, but someone should do a movie about Hitler's time in prison. Kind of like "Oz", but with real Aryans and non-aquarium cells.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

"Peace in our time"

Everybody seems to love trashing Chamberlain nowadays but back then he tried to give the people what they wanted. It wasn't his fault WW2 started and if were around back then we probably would have applauded his efforts as well. Were it not for their mutual defense pact with Poland England and France might not have even entered WW2, we simply don't know.

At any rate if history thinks Chamberlain a fool he was an honest one and well-like by the people in his time.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Most people (about 98% of you) cannot fathom Zionists killing 6 million of their own people to forward an almost full proof agenda.
No mystery, they are ashkeNAZI$ and Khazar$

No my$tery they gave the movie Jupiter Ascending 3 stars. Its just science fiction right?
$nakes with Wing$

Totally can understand why NSA parked their planet so close to the ATS planet.
STARWARS

Be interesting to see what sort of street theater you have in store for me tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

Natalie Merchant, Carnival
Botticelli
MSM goes way back..

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Ahhh the New York Times, they never changed. From infatuating bloody fascists in the '20s, to infatuating Saudi dictators who behead their subjects, and also Ukrainian neonazis. So much for their "liberal" image...
edit on 5/2/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join