It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I remember seeing this series of documentaries several years ago and was pleased to find it on youtube. I thought I would share it with you.

500 Nations is an eight part documentary which explores the history of the indigenous peoples of North and Central America, from pre-Colombian times, through the period of European contact and colonization, to the end of the 19th century and the subjugation of the Plains Indians of North America. 500 Nations relies on historical texts, eyewitnesses accounts, pictorial sources and computer graphic reconstructions to explore the magnificent civilizations which flourished prior to contact with Western civilization, and to tell the dramatic and tragic story of the Native American nations' desperate attempts to retain their way of life against overwhelming odds.

500 Nations

It's a long video that runs for about 6 hours. Sorry that I can't find anything that's broken up into segments. All I found were two videos from the series that were and I don't think it would be right putting just the two up, instead of the whole thing. It would be like reading only half a book or watching half of a movie.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is a really good series. I actually have it on DVD.

I would recommend it.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

It is really good. I'd been looking for it for a long time since I first saw it.

new topics

join