It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Peace possible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Peace is more than an absence of war. It is an absence of unanswered injustice. One of the biggest injustices, is the propensity of people to take up arms against another persons nation to prevent injustices there, without having first eradicated injustice and its main sources in ones own country.

It would really help for starters if that were the actual reason for going to another country for said thumping....reality is that it is about resources and the ability to steal them while keeping public opinion in check

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Masterjaden

In the original "Star Trek" the only reason that peace became possible,
is that the culture was so rich in terms of resources, and could push
a button and poof almost anything into existence for 'no cost',
that there were no more squabbles over resources.

That's what it would take.

Kev

That is interesting to me, because I believe one can examine history to see many examples of wars that were not fought over resources, but over ideologies, religions, grudges, etc. Hell, they have even been started over women.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is closer to the truth.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

In the original "Star Trek" the only reason that peace became possible,
is that the culture was so rich in terms of resources, and could push
a button and poof almost anything into existence for 'no cost',
that there were no more squabbles over resources.

That's what it would take.

Kev

That is interesting to me, because I believe one can examine history to see many examples of wars that were not fought over resources, but over ideologies, religions, grudges, etc. Hell, they have even been started over women.

And chocolate!

But with infinite resources, people can fly off to another planet,
where only their religion is allowed.. etc etc.

Think it through.. it's nearly a universal solution.

It may even explain the Fermi Paradox.

We may be alone in this Universe, just so that we have unlimited stuff,
so that maybe one day we will stop killing each other.

All the other sentient races have their own individual universes too,
for the same reason.

TIC, but not entirely. I've read science fiction stories based on this
premise.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Peace is possible but you would have to go to war to achieve it they say have a read of the report from Iron Mountain archive.org... , It is a tool for the government to use to exert control of the people , same with disease it keeps the masses in check and occupied and makes lots of profit which mean more control at the end of the day .

Peace and harmony are possible but only if the current leaders are hung from the nearest tree as a warning to the future , and their family's made to work the fields and their assets seized , turn the tables on the top dog's instead of the internet rumours of a cull of 95 % of useless eaters band together and call for a cull on the 5 % but a huge change in mindset would need to take place on the Earth to back it up

We live in hope

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here's a video on what's preventing peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Good grief, you are more of buzz-kill than I am,
and that takes special effort.

Congratulations!

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Peace will never exist on this Earth until it is population 1. Even the last man and female will never get along in peace, as they probably would not get along the best.

Peace is not only the absence of war, but also poverty, starvation, disease, etc. Even if it was so much better and well controlled than today, there would still be uprisings against some sort of deed being done to the innocent. Whether it be mandatory vaccinations, controlled living environments, GMO heavy foods, rigged elections, etc. As long as people have choice and knowledge, everyone cannot get along peacefully. There will always be some form of murder, crime, pain, punishment, etc.

No one is perfect, therefore no government can be perfect. If no government can be perfect then there can not be Utopia.

As long as resources are fought over, including air, water, food, privacy, possesions, freedoms and land, there will never be peace. On top of that, as long as there is currency and classes there will never be peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Peace is found in someones personal heart/mind.

Tribes can't find peace when their goal is preservation of their own collective.

If individuals put ego and fear of death aside, move from tribalism to genuine care of all life by understanding we belong to earth, not it belonging to us, maybe then the inner hippy in me can believe in peace,

edit on 2-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Thank you KPB it takes many many hard hours of practise every day to get in this shape , the 1 % are as we speak cowering under their bed's after my post [ in my noggin any way ]

Next week tune in and i tackle world hunger
i will try my hardest to keep the death toll down ,but with internet priests on a crusade things could get messy pretty fast

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'll have to settle for pockets of peace. I'll give it a hard try. Maybe if enough pockets exist, we may find out there's more in common between us and true peace can reign. Until that happens, I will have one eye open. Kindness isn't weakness. Too much kindness is. It starts becoming plastic and fake. Open arms can make you prey. I understand it. People take advantage of it. The sneaky use it for their gain. Tolerance, love, and respect can help in my opinion. I fight with tolerance. I'm no saint. I do want to try for peace. I want to be real about it. Some of us will never come clean or open enough for peace. It's a condition that needs the whole on the same page. If that happens will we have individuality still?

I can dream but I have to have both my feet anchored in reality. Reality, philosophy, and the human condition. It's nothing personal, it's just the way of the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

maybe then the inner hippy in me can believe in peace,

i like hippies

on topic....peace seems to be a time to prepare for war....we are really a nasty race us humans....if we just adopted the hippie way of life we could return to love a care for the land and each other
edit on 2-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i like hippies

on topic....peace seems to be a time to prepare for war....we are really a nasty race us humans....if we just adopted the hippie way of life we could return to love a care for the land and each other

Was it just another reason to get high? I never needed a reason myself.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i like hippies

Was it just another reason to get high? I never needed a reason myself.

not at all....i know plenty of hippies around here whom do not partake in getting high,but still have all the qualities of peace loving hippies.....

and yeah i have never needed a reason i just like it

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Peace is more than an absence of war. It is an absence of unanswered injustice. One of the biggest injustices, is the propensity of people to take up arms against another persons nation to prevent injustices there, without having first eradicated injustice and its main sources in ones own country.

I don't often agree with your points of view; however, I wholeheartedly, agree with you on this one - Bravo.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

A simple answer to your thread title: No.

The only type of peace that is truly attainable and lasting is inner peace, and that's even hard to find, and there's only one party involved.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

For example, going off to thump some chaps from half way across the world in the neck for being savage barbarians toward their fellow man is all very well, but unless I was to first rock up to Westminster, and make a corpse strewn mess of the entire Westminster elite as punishment and pest control for their corrupt and outrageous practices, their nefarious use of our hard, bloody hard earned money, the murder of tens of thousands of people on foreign soil who were not guilty of anything save being in the wrong nations at the wrong time, and the deconstruction of our society and so on and so forth, I would be a hypocrite and a bastard.

If everyone took the same view, at least injustice would be impossible at the sort of scale which takes nations to war with one another, because there will always be another bastard on ones doorstep, waiting to do one a bad turn. No one would even reach the border to another nation, so busy would they be.

Peace then, of a sort, is the state in which government is so terrified of its people, that it performs perfectly, never runs at deficit, never takes a bribe, and accepts its place as subservient to, not ruler of the people. It is also the state in which injustice at home receives sterner handling than injustice abroad.

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't think we have any business being in any other countries unless those countries have conducted an unprovoked act of war against us.

We must ensure our own country has real justice before we worry about other countries. Same goes for humanitarian aid. Let's worry about our own country before helping the world.

Jaden

top topics

<< 1   >>

join