It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grimoire of Tiamat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have just begun to browse through this book that's written with the magical or chaotic lore and ritual invocations of ancient deities.

The impression of presentation is like reading the Necronomicon for the first time, possible the most clear and authentic rendition of such writings.

Read the back cover overview comments on the Amazon book review.
www.amazon.com...=redir_mdp_mobile/187-3901228-7536726#

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
ohhh ok so that is where the Capcom got the plot line for their Breath of Fire series of RPG video games during the nineties. I had a feeling it was based on something from the real world. I was a big fan of that series, so you better believe I would like to purchase this book and get a better understanding of the original story.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So you are going to invoke ancient deities?
What could possibly go wrong?

a reply to: Tindalos2013

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAIKI
So you are going to invoke ancient deities?
What could possibly go wrong?

Is that really what the book is about? Because I'm so gonna buy it if that's the case. I already have LaVeys "The Satanic Rituals" & my ouija board ready!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAIKI

pfft, man, only an original print can summon beings described as deities.
mass produced copies are just reference material and do not harbor the same powers within the very pages, ink, and oils.

The video game had a very deep plot basis that involved the race of dragons, Tiamet, and humanity. I just thought it would be entertaining to get a perspective of the original work that fictional narrative was based from. Its already in the cart awaiting my next pay check to come through.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

You might be interested in this article on dragons. It looks at the subject from varying angles and may give you other directions of research. Dragon Archeytpe

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Do you have a personal interest in Babylonian mythology and magic (like that found in Levenda/Simon's Necronomicon)?

If so, send me a PM. I belong to a group that studies, among other things, Sumerian incantation literature from the Early Dynastic period up through (and including) the Old Babylonian material (c. 3000-1595 BC).

While I can't speak for the validity of The Grimoire of Tiamat, or The Necronomicon (having only read the latter), I can introduce you to actual practices from the Mesopotamian people if you're interested.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You might also want to examine the Grimiore of Solomon, specifically the Geotia also know as the lesser key. It allegedly outlines pretty much everything and includes all the angelic script and signatures. I think the object of the book is to give access to the Guardians of the Guf (Hall of Souls, Universal Library, etc) for the purposes of learning sciences and skills.

I had a complete set of the books, 5 of them, but sold them in 1973 for quite a bit. I understand that to crack open an original in 2007 (8 years ago) cost about $40k and there are not many originals left in existence. They can be found though in PDF copies if you search.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join