It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens or ex-inhabitants..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ok I do not post often I tend to just look and observe and not get involved in a debate.

I wanted to pose this question to everyone on ATS that I have been thinking about and I have not seen much evidence that this theory already exists.

This could be wrong and I apologise if I am treading on anyone’s toes.

I will start by saying mathematics in ufology is our friend..

After a quick Google search in the last 68 years there has been around 70,000 UFO sightings each year.

If you said that only 1:1000000 sightings have to be true then that would be at least four sightings in the last 68 years that are genuine.

68 * 70000 = 4,7000000

That probability in mathematics is acceptable to believe that there is some truth to the UFO phenomenon.

So where do the UFOs come from.. I agree that they are coming from other worlds but are they aliens.. maybe not..

The Earth is 4.5 billion years old.. we are a civilisation that has been on this planet for 6 million years at a rough estimate..

What’s to say that the UFOs are not a civilisation that used to habit this planet and they are back to check on us..

Could there not have been at least one more civilisation in the Earth’s 4.5 billion year history and could they not have had to leave the planet because of a global event that threatened their existence..

Lets look at our existence.. how far have we come in the last 100 years.. Imagine how far we will get in the next 6 million.. then say after that we have only been on this planet for 2/750s of the Earth’s lifespan.. its possible that what we think of as aliens/UFOs are ex-inhabitants of the planet Earth.. back to see how we have come about after their world was devastated by some global event, e.g. a super volcano, meteorite..

We are finding evidence all the time that push back how long we believe we have been on this planet.. When you consider how long the Earth has been around we are mere twinkles in Earth’s eye. I would like to believe that UFOs are actually past civilisations of Earth back to make sure we are going to be ok.. but one day maybe we will have to leave Earth and then we will be the UFOs/ETs..

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nosmokinggun

If you said that only 1:1000000 sightings have to be true then that would be at least four sightings in the last 68 years that are genuine.

68 * 70000 = 4,7000000

That probability in mathematics is acceptable to believe that there is some truth to the UFO phenomenon.
So where do the UFOs come from.. I agree that they are coming from other worlds...

Your math here has not established that aliens (or otherworldly beings) are visiting earth. Sorry.

There is no proof that 1:1000000 or 1:1000000000000000000000 sightings are "true". I'm not saying they aren't, but you can't just make up a number and then use it as evidence for your theory.
edit on 2805America/Chicago02America/ChicagopmSun, 01 Feb 2015 17:45:02 -06002015-02-01T17:45:02-06:0005f by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

yes i have had a similar theory myself for a long time now .

imagine if you will that in some past time a civilisation prospered and achieved a high technology .

now imagine that some catastrophic event was looming that they knew they could not prevent .

the elites and wealthy of this civilisation would make their escape, leaving behind anyone whom they thought was irrelevant to their needs .

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You can, of course, believe whatever you want, but there is still no evidence that extraterrestrials have visited earth. Maybe they have, but, to date, there's simply no evidence.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

its just a theory, like every other theory..

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

ok. i will admit that but 1 million people wrong?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nosmokinggun

its just a theory, like every other theory..

No, it's a hypothesis. Theories (ie. theorums) are backed by testable evidence.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

thanks.. an open minded response.. rather then the quick slap down i see on here mostly.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The Earth is 4.5 billion years old.. we know nothing.. that is a fact.. theory or hypothesis.. its still an interesting one..

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

But but but..... Humans are only on the Earth 6,000 years so how can this be....

I jest of course.

Ive said here before that i believe we are in the infancy of this round of mankind. Meaning i believe that there was at least 1 other civilisation previous to ours.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Funny how that legal term "evidence" is turned on its head when it comes to UFOs. But I assume in your use of the term that you have investigated every scrap of what normally would be accepted as legitimate evidence in a court of law and have found any number of ways to explain what in most cases would be unexplainable by common means. Of course, that is easy to do if at first you have in mind that ET ships could not possible visit us.

As for the thought in the OP: Given that many contact reports on the surface of the earth and abduction accounts indicate that the ETs can breath earth air and the air on their ships is breathable for the abductees, then we can wonder if perhaps they are returning voyagers. Why not? We really know nothing about anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Funny how that legal term "evidence" is turned on its head when it comes to UFOs. But I assume in your use of the term that you have investigated every scrap of what normally would be accepted as legitimate evidence in a court of law and have found any number of ways to explain what in most cases would be unexplainable by common means. Of course, that is easy to do if at first you have in mind that ET ships could not possible visit us.

As for the thought in the OP: Given that many contact reports on the surface of the earth and abduction accounts indicate that the ETs can breath earth air and the air on their ships is breathable for the abductees, then we can wonder if perhaps they are returning voyagers. Why not? We really know nothing about anything.

You are confusing law with science. Don't.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

How about this.....if we eventually figure out how to time travel right? And we Are working on that....then what we see here now....is us from the future...coming back to the past...and our present.

Then that would prove we did it. We made it back. Maybe...that's what we see in UFO/alien events.

Us.We figured it out....

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You're right it doesn't get talked about enough. Don't let peeps discourage you either!!
We really don't know enough about our own past to be saying one way or another. I would hope those little gray suckers aren't us after a handful of millennia but stranger things have happened.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

68 * 70000 = 4,7000000

So where do the UFOs come from.. I agree that they are coming from other worlds...

Your math here has not established that aliens (or otherworldly beings) are visiting earth. Sorry.

There is no proof that 1:1000000 or 1:1000000000000000000000 sightings are "true". I'm not saying they aren't, but you can't just make up a number and then use it as evidence for your theory.

Actually...he can. Science does things like this frequently. Like when there is a "something" that can't be explained.

Take for instance the "mass" of the Universe. Science had to "invent" "dark matter" and "dark energy" to account for the discrepancies in the math.

The same can be done in UFOlogy...For instance; the probability that you will meet an ExtraTerrestrial, face -to-face; 4.17E-10. That comes out to around 4 chances in 7 billion. This value can be used as a "starting point" or "first approximation" in future computation and research. That value by the way is the theoretical probability of meeting an ET, based upon a first approximation using current myth, and the actual "stars" that myth is based upon or employs. By this analysis it was determined that there are 4 species visiting, and the presumption that only one of each would be on Earth at any given time.

If you are following here...you should have noticed that that first approximation is way too small...but, it is as I said a "FIRST approximation".

edit on 1-2-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Aliensun

You are confusing law with science. Don't.

I'm sorry man, but, IF you can't accept the legal definition of "evidence" as used and applied in a Court f Law, then your ideas, expectations, understanding of the idea of evidence is wrong, and unrealistic.

Now, before you jump on me, spend a day or two trying t understand just "WHAT" evidence actually is.

In the final analysis; science and Law agree 100% on the definition of evidence.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Are we the (Aliens) we seek?

I have thought this is a possibility for a while now.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The Earth is 4.5 billion years old.. we are a civilisation that has been on this planet for 6 million years at a rough estimate..

What’s to say that the UFOs are not a civilisation that used to habit this planet and they are back to check on us..

Human civilization is not 6 million years old. The oldest signs of any civilization is 10,000-12,000 years. Modern Humans (Homo Sapiens) aren't even that old. The fossil record for homo sapiens only goes back 200,000 years and the earliest genetic divergence for homo sapiens would only be 500,000-1M years ago.
edit on 1-2-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
In the final analysis; science and Law agree 100% on the definition of evidence.

Yes however standard of evidence in science is higher than in a judicial court.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
History was written by people who weren't there.
As you say , the earth is very old , and maybe a million years ago ,
humans existed here on a very advanced level .
Many unexplained ancient ruins ,attest to the fact that history
is merely conjecture , as is carbon dating .....
so , yes , your theory is very plausible , and I have reason to believe , ...true .
Some boffins have told me that mankind has existed here four times
in the distant past , and they don't speak through their ignorance.
Many years ago I worked for a very shadowy govt. agency , and had the opportunity
to meet , and interview many et's .
Some you could pass on the street , and be unaware .
They spoke English and resembled us in every way ,
but their level of technology was far beyond us .
Others had different physical characteristics , and couldn't speak ,
but they also had tech that was difficult to grasp .
Their ships are intergalactic , and I've had a few close-up
experiences with them too.
They never intimated that they originated here ,
in fact the opposite , but some were so like us , and benign '
that they may have lived here pre-history .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join