It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE? Near Death Experience? or Something Else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Let me start by saying that ever since I was about 13 I would occasionally have a strange vibrating/ tingling sensation from time to time in my head and upper chest. It came with a humming or droning ringing sound and I'd feel my head and chest sort of lifting up. I'd always shake it off and it would go away. I was always terrified of it. Since the internet, I've come to think that what other describe as Out of Body Experiences is very similar to what I feel/hear when these episodes hit me. Though I never allowed it to go further and have an actual out of body experience.

I experienced something two nights ago that was similar but distinctly different. It was night, the room was dark and I was laying on my right side. I suddenly saw a really bright light out of the right corner of my eye shining with rays of yellowish white light streaming out from it. At first I thought it was morning and the sun was coming up through my window. But I was immediately distracted by the vibrating sensation which started in my body but this was incredibly stronger than I ever experienced. I literally felt like my upper chest was rising out of me. I was trying to shake it off as I always had before but couldn't. At this point I was also hearing a voice. I remember that it had an actual timber and pitch. It was telling me to let it happen and not resist it and everything was fine. My eyes were open and the room was lighter now, not pitch black. I also heard other voices in the background... sort of like a crowd of people talking. I wondered if I was dying. I wondered if this was an OOBE and if I let it happen would I be able to get back. But mostly I was thinking of some really important things I had to do the next day and I called out as loud as I could "No!". Everything stopped. The room was dark again. I wasn't vibrating and everything was quiet.

I wondered if this was a dream or if I was experiencing OOBE or if something else might be happening. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'd really like to know what was going on. I'm wondering what to do if it happens again.

edit on 1-2-2015 by jupiter869 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow, lucky duck! It sounds to me as if fear rules any thoughts of you having an OBE. People (including myself) would pay for that continuous ability!!! Have no negative thoughts or fear and go for a ride. Nothing can hurt you. You will never look at life the same way. Good Luck. Love a reply to: jupiter869

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow! That sounds really freighting and cool at the same time! I agree with donk to never have negative thoughts! Good luck in the future my friend!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The funny thing is that you are experiencing something that other people work hard at trying to experience.

Light/chi/kundalini energy flowing thru your body creating heat/cold/vibrations in your body depending on what is needed. I have never gone outside my body that I know of but play around with the vibrations with Reiki and Binaural beats.

Have fun

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)
edit on 1-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think I'm concerned about not being able to get back. And the voice freaked me out some... who or what was it?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That may have been your spirit guide. Although not religious or terribly spiritual, this happens to be one of my operating assumptions when processing my OOBE's. They aren't voluntary, but I'm at least graced by their infrequency. When they hit I always have the sense of being guided, or in the least, watched over. From what I've experienced so far, getting back isn't something to fear - you just go back when you want. But so far, I've only been brought back by fear - the letting go is the hardest part and it brings you back every time. Letting go is an act of faith in yourself.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chasingbrahman

What is a spirit guide?!
Is it someone I know? His voice is not familiar.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I would like some help with this. I am nervous but now that I am reading more about it, my curiosity and interest is insatiable. Can anyone help me make this happen?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jupiter869
According to Native American tradition, and perhaps several others, we're all watched over by a spirit guide. When the Navajo took peyote and went on a spiritual journey, they were always met by a guide, often in non-human form. Wolves were common. It was believed that the spirit guide could exist in both the worlds of the living and dead, and acted as a host when we left our conventional existence to travel to other worlds.

top topics

join