It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "My Muslim faith".

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Interesting how Obama corrects himself only after being prompted by the interviewer.

Have you ever met a Christian who, by slip of the tongue, identifies as a Muslim?
Have you ever met a Muslim who, by slip of the tongue, identifies as a Jew?
Have you ever met a Jew who, by slip of the tongue, identifies as a Christian?

Please note that this is not a religious discussion or a discussion about Obama.

My question is how could Obama (or anybody else for that matter) identify themselves, by slip of the tongue, as something that they are not?

edit on 1-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

I'd say He's obviously Muslim. I believe anyone who does such a thing, is revealing their True inner self! Just My two cents here.
edit on 1-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
No, but I've never had an interview where I was addressing McCains tactics regarding wether or not he was gonna accuse me of being a Muslim. And I've never had that interview snipped down to 18 seconds to prove a point.

Guess I'm just lucky.

SEN. OBAMA: Listen, you and I both know that the minute that Governor Palin was forced to talk about her daughter, I immediately said that's off limits. And ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: And John McCain said the same thing about questioning your faith.

SEN. OBAMA: And what was the first thing the McCain campaign went out and did? They said, look, these liberal blogs that support Obama are out there attacking Governor Palin. Let's not play games. What I was suggesting — you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith ...

SEN. OBAMA: What I was suggesting — you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith, and you're absolutely right that that has not come ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Your Christian faith.

SEN. OBAMA: My Christian faith — well, what I'm saying is ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Connections, right.

SEN. OBAMA: ... that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim, and I think that his campaign upper echelons haven't either. What I think is fair to say is that coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not what who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
"My Muslim Faith"???

No Muslim would say that, because the faith is called ISLAM.

I call shenigans, and amateurish anti Islamic propaganda of some sort at work here, sorry.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
He coulb be a satanist and... Still the earth would rotate tomorrow and the other leaders would talk to him and the Reps would still hate him and....

Absolutely nothing would change.

You, dear OP, are the worse! Because you are playing the religious card when nothing else seems to bring home a point. Any person has the absolute right to choose his/her religious believe and that is not your matter!

Stupid islam-bashers!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
"My Muslim Faith"???

I call shenigans, and amateurish anti Islamic propaganda of some sort at work here, sorry.

Go watch the interview yourself. It is very real, it did happen,

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Nice find, but this may have been posted here before so try to jazz-up the OP a little more to current events so the "religion-baiters" have less to gripe about.

They will come...3-2-1 seconds
edit on 1-2-2015 by Granite because: sp

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
"My Muslim Faith"???

I see an attempt to brush the issue under the carpet.

A christian can either say "Christianity" or "my Christian faith"
A jew can either say "Judaism" or "my Jewish faith"
A muslim can either say "Islam" or "my Muslim faith"

Both forms are equally valid.

or was Obama supposed to say "John McCain has not talked about my Islam"?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Snopes tried to debunk it saying that Obama was taken out of context, but thats all they can come up with. Sorry, no slip of the tongue here, he got caught in a lie, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
He coulb be a satanist and... Still the earth would rotate tomorrow and the other leaders would talk to him and the Reps would still hate him and....

Absolutely nothing would change.

You, dear OP, are the worse! Because you are playing the religious card when nothing else seems to bring home a point. Any person has the absolute right to choose his/her religious believe and that is not your matter!

Stupid islam-bashers!

I am not bashing Islam.

My question in the OP was :

My question is how could Obama (or anybody else for that matter) identify themselves, by slip of the tongue, as something that they are not?

I certainly don't know of an X mistakenly identifying himself as a Y.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This again?

Jesus H, he was just telling the interviewer that McCain didn't resort to the same tactics as some others did, didn't go around saying he was Muslim.

edit on 2/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
This again?

Jesus H, he was just telling the interviewer that McCain didn't resort to the same tactics as some others did, didn't go around saying he was Muslim.

I'm not interested in the interview.

My question to you is: have you ever, by slip of the tongue, identified as something that you are not?

Is it a common thing where you live? Do Christians normally say "muslim faith" instead of "christian faith"?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Clutching at straws here, Obama is no Muslim.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

This is the entirety of the same interview the soundbite you posted came from.

It destroys your ignorant claim and the resulting disingenuous question, so of course you are not interested.
edit on 2/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

This is the entirety of the same interview the soundbite you posted came from.

It destroys your ignorant claim and the resulting disingenuous question, so of course you are not interested.

You don't seem interested in answering a very simple question.

Forget the video and Obama. I could still ask you if you have ever identified yourself as something you are not, by slip of the tongue. How common is it for people to make that mistake? In all my life I have never seen people make that mistake.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So youre saying forget your OP now, presumablybecause your supposition has been shot down in flames.
Sorry but this is all wishful thinking on your part, it would have been better to have just said you hate Obama and would gladly see him take a fall. Honest but still as pointless as your OP.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
So youre saying forget your OP now, presumablybecause your supposition has been shot down in flames.
Sorry but this is all wishful thinking on your part, it would have been better to have just said you hate Obama and would gladly see him take a fall. Honest but still as pointless as your OP.

I'm saying forget the op because the member lucidity is clearly dodging a very simple question.

I also made it very clear in the op that:

Please note that this is not a religious discussion or a discussion about Obama.

So tell me, when was the last time you identified yourself as something you are not, by slip of the tongue?
Is it a common mistake people make where you live?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Seems clear to me that when he says "my Muslim faith" he means McCain was not calling him a Muslim.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
Interesting how Obama corrects himself only after being prompted by the interviewer.

Why are you showing a cut down version of the interview? Why not show what Obama really said?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
I'm not interested in the interview.

Of course you are not, as you are just making crap up, and watching the whole interview or reading the transcript shows that!

If you had done a quick search you would have found:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This nonsense has been posted and debunked here before.
edit on 1-2-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join