It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, the Constitution, and our Rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Michaelfunction

Which God? I'm a big fan of Quan Yin, the Sweet Mother. No living being can harm her and all defer to her wisdom and kindness.

That's how silly your god looks to people who don't believe in a god and to have the laws saying what we can and cannot do based on a religion that has such restrictions is ridiculous and believe me, we WILL ridicule anyone trying to make it happen. Government is secular because it is for ALL people and not just a section who believe a certain thing. The laws apply to everyone equally regardless of your beliefs. This is how it should be. When you start adding morality from religion (which is pretty damn funny because most religions are amoral), you're making the world a worse place off.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grahag

Ok by your logic let's remove all laws that involve the Ten Commandments. Let's see how that works out for everybody lol!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I find it a shame that we even need laws or rules
I dont think a religion or a god should be in any set of laws for a nation, because people are free to believe in what they wish.

In my understanding, there are no laws. Its all made up mumbo jumbo that we impose on ourselves.
Animals in the wild follow no laws, if you want something you must work towards it .
I understand there are far too many horrible people in the world that would take advantage of this, but I think if all were to be kind and willing to help others then that should be enough.

Teaching our children the fundamental s of being a kind and generous soul is the way forward.
Also i believe we should be 'worshipping' (for want of a better word) the earth, or mother nature. We live on this earth and require it for our survival, so it makes sense to me that we should treat the earth with due respect.

I dont believe a human right is really a thing. I certainly appreciate the idea behind this but I dont think it really works. If it was so there would not be hungry or homeless people.

I am not entitled to water or shelter. I am a human and all I have is my skin. Anything else is something I have acheieved for myself. I am no one elses responsibility.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: billytron

Yea I'll be looking for this magical land lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join