It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Racism against Extraterrestrials.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I hate to say it, but future discrimination and racism against non-Earth beings is inevitable. I mean for crying out loud look how backwards A LOT of people are in this world. I mean everywhere. People will find any #ing little reason to nit pick, negatively judge, hate, discriminate, and belittle others. It's a sign of how weak, no, how pathetically un-evolved we little monkeys are.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Its not racism, its called Speciesism

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

spiritually enlightened

prevailing scientific theories about advanced races

Hmm science and spirituality are friends now?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eyeinoz

Sadly that's gonna come true once we get into contact with an extraterrestrial civilization.
edit on 30-1-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: draknoir2

I hadn't thought of it for years until this thread was posted. Now, I'm going to have to go back and watch it.

Been ages since I saw the series. Might have to buy the DVDs now ( I already have the movie).

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Now I know a lot of people are saying about the good things about Extraterrestrial contact, here is the question would we accept them as equals or would we discriminate against them?

WOW...That's almost rich...

Terrestrials will continue to discriminate against everything and anything that isn't Terrestrial. You discriminate against ET now, so I see no reason for you to change...perhaps in a few hundred years, but certainly not soon.

This discrimination is the primary reason you don't get the "kind" of interaction you want, or need from off-worlders. It is this discrimination and it's cause that is the primary insulator between Terrestrial Humans and the rest of the cosmos.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

spiritually enlightened

prevailing scientific theories about advanced races

Hmm science and spirituality are friends now?

You took those two quotes out of context.

The scientific theory is that a violent race could not reach the level of advancement necessary for interstellar travel... they would either be too busy battling each other to advance (like humans) or they would wipe themselves out before reaching that level of advancement.

My point about spirituality is that, hopefully, the extraterrestrials have more of a hippy personality and less of a "exterminate all beings that aren't like us" personality.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

When the ET issue first started we had people coming out of the wood work inviting them to come visit and show themselves.

I would hope, should something of this magnitude occur, that humanity might realize discrimination is a waste of time and without any foundation.

I would hope the realization that we are not alone might kick humanity in the pant to push us beyond those types of mindsets.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well that's not true. There could be species that just are more efficent than us, will say don't fight amongst eachother, advance faster and still are out to dominate everyone that isn't one of theirs.
A certain surface tension to define what the entity "terrestrials" is would be either way a good thing for us to finally get over inner-species-racism, which is the biggest flaw we have. No sense of loyality amongst eachother. Nothing but a permanent waste of energy and ressources and mind-power. So I just hope people won't commit mass suicides in myriads, when they got their face dipped into the reality of absolute inferiority. Even if it might be just a technological thing.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Well that's not true. There could be species that just are more efficent than us, will say don't fight amongst eachother, advance faster and still are out to dominate everyone that isn't one of theirs.
A certain surface tension to define what the entity "terrestrials" is would be either way a good thing for us to finally get over inner-species-racism, which is the biggest flaw we have. No sense of loyality amongst eachother. Nothing but a permanent waste of energy and ressources and mind-power. So I just hope people won't commit mass suicides in myriads, when they got their face dipped into the reality of absolute inferiority. Even if it might be just a technological thing.

Well if you read my post on the previous page, I postulated that possibility as well... that they're advanced but still try to dominate other species.

Frankly, they may be completely unrecognizable to us as physical beings so trying to figure out their possible motivations or morality is fun to speculate but they could behave in a way that's inconceivable. For all we know, we're surrounded by extraterrestrials that are invisible to us and they have no desire to interact at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Yeah it is all just a game thoughts so far. Unfortunately or luckily, who knows.
But to underline my intention with what i wrote: I don't think a return to our identity as a species would be considered as racist. The monkey doesn't mate with a bird. So to speak.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Look at how we treat animals, you better hope humans cant cook aliens too, they may just taste like bacon.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

you mean aliens can't cook humans? Because we would be the indios and they would be the conquistadores, arriving on shiny metal-carriages from the heavens...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yeah it is all just a game thoughts so far. Unfortunately or luckily, who knows.
But to underline my intention with what i wrote: I don't think a return to our identity as a species would be considered as racist. The monkey doesn't mate with a bird. So to speak.

I definitely agree with that part just like I agree with the words of Ronald Reagan:

"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world"

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Im trying to figure out what scenario your trying to present. Are you saying we would be racist to an Alien race, whether primitive, modern, or advanced? Or would they be racist towards us, where as they could be calling us meat bags if they dimensional, or monkeys if they were similar to us, but a different species entirely?

If it was primitive or modern we'd be interacting with, then I could see the discrimination, since a primitive culture, with any technology to fight back, then we would be considering ourselves Gods to them, and they would be the apes.

Now if it were more advanced then us, then there ain't much you could do, we'd be the primitves. It would be like Adolf Hitler view of natural selection although hopefully without the genocide. Although, I doubt a an advanced race would still cling to such discrimination, publically, amongst themselves, since they'd kind of would want to move a way from trivial ideals, but I could be wrong.

Unless we, the primitives know the correct pronunciation of a slur, and used probably, just like any other racist slur, then I could see it. Unless, they specifally are scared of certain things, like a really f'd up mutation or something they'd be worried about.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

you mean aliens can't cook humans? Because we would be the indios and they would be the conquistadores, arriving on shiny metal-carriages from the heavens...

I would hope they had the morality to not do such a thing, but look at how we do our animals. . . .

Do onto others as you would have others do onto you. . . .
edit on 31-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

Considering it is highly unlikely that we have the capabilities (currently) of arriving on the doorstep of an advanced alien species, the more likely scenario is that they arrive here.....if that were to be the case, then I strongly doubt that our racism towards them is really going to be an issue.

^^^^^^^^ 100% This

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Its not racism, its called Speciesism

I'm more concerned with cishumanism (anti-Transhumanism) to be honest. A much nearer term pressing concern. The daggers have already been sharpened and the rhetoric from that side if already vitriolic.
edit on 31-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

If you can travel light years you probably don't need to come to Earth for dinner, resources, slaves or anything else people from 500 years ago would have thought was important to go to new lands for.
edit on 31-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

I definitely agree with that part just like I agree with the words of Ronald Reagan:

"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world"

And of course you clip the quote before he finished.

He was talking about the threat of nuclear war and the Soviet Union.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join