It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Bomb threat at the NYPD headquarters: Alert for Suspect Issued

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The only information is coming over Twitter at this point. This is apparently being taken very seriously, with the building being rapidly evacuated.

There is a suspect, this was just tweeted by New York City Alerts:
"Bomb Threat at 1 Police Plaza. NYPD on the lookout for a m/b perp, 6'0" 160lbs, drives a 2003 Red Ford Taurus."

This opening post will be updated as more information is available.

Twitter users are reporting lots of activity via police scanners. There is apparently a potential explosive device, and a search for the person who plated it.

edit on 30-1-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Whoa.....NYPD headquarters? That place is huge. That would be a nasty attack if this is true and something happens. If they have a suspect then they must think this guy can credibly blow the place up.

Let me guess how this will pan out....either someone from the latest protests on Black Lives Matter or someone in the Muslim community.....neither would shock me.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This sounds worrying, 2015 is quickly becoming the year of the terrorist!

This hasn't hit MSM yet

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Interesting any further links with a little more information?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well that last update narrowed it down to a black male, so....anyone want to guess how this will turn out?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow, first the naked pistol sniper, now this. Something big might be going down today. Distractions distractions.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is what I'm thinking, now what's going on in Washington, the UN, astronomy, etc today? Some big legislation? Was funding passed for something?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just saw another update:

UPDATE: NYPD now says no bomb threat at 1 Police Plaza.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ok i feel like i need to say this.

The NYPD probably receive bomb threads every week.

This thread has been up now for 20 minutes and there has been absolutely nothing other thank Skeptics quote from twitter (no link may I add) to corroborate it.

This could very well turn out to be nothing.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I wonder if there is any link between that bomb threat and the recent launch of counterterrorism operations by the NYPD:

The NYPD will launch a unit of 350 cops to handle both counterterrorism and protests — riding vehicles equipped with machine guns and riot gear — under a re-engineering plan to be rolled out over the coming months.
The Strategic Response Group, or SRG, will be devoted to “advanced disorder control and counterterrorism protection,” responding to the sort of demonstrations that erupted after the Eric Garner grand-jury decision and also events like the recent Paris terror attacks.
“It will be equipped and trained in ways that our normal patrol officers are not,” Commissioner Bill Bratton said Thursday.

nypost.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Now the NYPD is saying no bomb threat.

Lot's of skepticism on twitter from people who were listening to the police scanner. Odd.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here's a link from NYC Scanner:

NYC Scanner 1PP Tweet

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Anyone can make a bomb threat. Even a 6 years old who knows how to use a phone book. Even 6 years old mental age cops in order to get a Black guy in jail while hoping to gain long-lost public support.

Think harder.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Aren't the last 15 years, the years of the terrorists, yes plural.

top topics

join