It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge blasts DOJ lawyers in case of Fast & Furious whistle-blower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Federal judge blasts DOJ lawyers in case of Fast & Furious whistle-blower

A federal judge angrily accused Justice Department attorneys in newly unsealed documents of "fraud upon the court" by intimidating a witness in a case involving a former Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent who blew the whistle on the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal.

Judge Francis Allegra, who was appointed to the U.S. Court of Federal Claims in 1998 by President Bill Clinton, is presiding over a suit brought by former ATF agent Jay Dobyns against the government agency, which he claims retaliated against him and damaged his reputation.

Dobyns helped expose the sting-gone-awry known as Fast and Furious, in which the Justice Department lost track of guns after conveying them to Mexican cartels.

In a newly unsealed, Dec. 1, 2014, court ruling that legal experts said was highly unusual, Allegra accused seven Justice Department lawyers of "fraud upon the court, banned them from making any further filings in the case and took the unusual step of directly notifying Attorney General Eric Holder.

“In 40 years of legal practice, government and private, I've never seen that done,” said David Hardy, a constitutional law expert who formerly worked in the U.S. Solicitor General’s Office.

Click link for remainder of article.

............wow

Me thinks the DOJ is about to get their heads served up on a golden platter. More importantly it makes one wonder just what exactly is the DOJ hiding. If they are willing to threaten witnesses and fail to report information to the court then their is no telling what sle they are manipulating.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Its gonna take dynamite to get the truth exposed on this one...I think it could reveal that the Feds were in bed with the Sinaloa Cartel all along......

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Its gonna take dynamite to get the truth exposed on this one...I think it could reveal that the Feds were in bed with the Sinaloa Cartel all along......

If that's the case then Congress better push for DOJ prosecutions or appoint special prosecutors to do it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wonder if the Judge can get Holder to talk? If holder could talk we would really get a clue to what happened

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Wasn't there a quote from holder along the lines " we have to create a gun problem, so we can use the problem as the basis for stripping the 2nd amendment".... Or something like that?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Isn't supplying a gun that's used to murder a U.S. border guard accomplice to murder?

I mean if you or I did it, I'm pretty sure we'd be arrested and convicted.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I fear something will happen to the judge..thats usually how this works.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Good luck to the judge, heads need to roll over this travesty, lot of Democrat friends told me over and over this was a made up problem by the gop.

Wonder if they will be willing to discuss it with me now, or will they just say what does it matter now.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: stirling

If that's the case then Congress better push for DOJ prosecutions or appoint special prosecutors to do it.

If we ever got even a single "Special Prosecutor".

This entire House of Cards would soon collapse.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This is likely feigned outrage. The judge was appointed by Clinton who himself was up to his nose in the illegal narcotics bizz. Fast & Furious, as i understand it, was an intentional arming of one Mexican drug cartel toward the goal of wiping out a second cartel who were directly competing with the CIA's drug importing gig. And then they notify Holder who has done nothing but cover the whole thing up in the face of Congress? Laughable. Nothing will happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Now how often do we see a judge with the side of the people instead of the corrupt government?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
More often than what people would think.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Not feigned outrage.. A judge does not call up the Attorney General and rip him a new asshole over the behavior of his lawyers. Those lawyers have been tossed out by this judge.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The best news all week!
Flag, star and SEIZE THEIR PERFORMANCE BONDS!

That'll get their attention at DOJ... hey these guys
should get their BAR cards ripped up for this. Hope...
to dishonor the process to this extent and make it
public is quite serious business. And I think wherever the
judge is from is irrelevant to this degree of malfeasance.

All the metaphors aside for a second, you'll know how
hot this really is by how much airtime the thrashing gets.
Or doesn't...

But it IS Super Bowl weekend-- and I wonder which
shoe is going to drop on the other side of the bed--
where the war could kick off after somebody scores
a big one on the genuinely irrelevant TV.

I remember too well how Scott Peterson and Aruba
Girl seemed to take up the same space.
THOSE were the good old days....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

If we ever got even a single "Special Prosecutor".

This entire House of Cards would soon collapse.

I think its coming..

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Good luck to the judge, heads need to roll over this travesty, lot of Democrat friends told me over and over this was a made up problem by the gop.

Wonder if they will be willing to discuss it with me now, or will they just say what does it matter now.

and yet all evidence to date tells us its not a made up problem.
just like Benghazi is not a made up problem.
just like the IRS scandal is not a made up problem..

just like......

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Wasn't there a quote from holder along the lines " we have to create a gun problem, so we can use the problem as the basis for stripping the 2nd amendment".... Or something like that?

Not that I am familiar with but im gonna go research it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
I wonder if the Judge can get Holder to talk? If holder could talk we would really get a clue to what happened

No judge can force a person to tall. The recourse would be contempt of court and a jail cell until such time the person speaks.

option B would be a material witness warrant.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My understanding is this program was initiated under Bush?..ok not exactly Bush had a simular program during his tenure.
They all suck and are guilty.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I mean they can subpoena holder right or has he already been subpoena for this and can't be subpoenaed twice?

<<   2 >>

join