It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom has a Cold.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hi.

boston.cbslocal.com...

Now they say Tom Brady has a cold.

As he prepares for the biggest game of the season, the Patriots quarterback is battling a cold. Brady said his kids got sick first, followed by his wife Gisele Bundchen, and now he’s brought the illness to Arizona.

Awesome. I live in Phoenix, thanks Tom.

Is it Karma?

Is it the tension?

Is it baloney?

It is what it is if Tom is sick I wish him the best. Maybe he can take a nap and use a deflated football as a pillow.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whatisurproblem

Common cold isn't going to do much to his playing ability.

And just to add to your deflated ball comment, he had a waaay better second half after they took the footballs in question out of the game.

We need to stop talking about it, it is really a non issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Common cold isn't going to do much to his playing ability.

And just to add to your deflated ball comment, he had a waaay better second half after they took the footballs in question out of the game.

We need to stop talking about it, it is really a non issue.

It's simple they cheated. It is not a "non issue".

They are known to cheat....remember the coach sending his pawns to copy the playbook of the N.Y. Jets?
edit on 28-1-2015 by whatisurproblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yes the spying issue was legitimate cheating.

What happened to the footballs is not, many a qb and team do similar tactics.
That is why players across the board have said over and over again that it was a non issue.
And again, look at this stats, he had a far worse first half then second and they took the balls in question after the first.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's a non-issue because they Were cheating, got Caught cheating end of story. They are known for underhanded tactics and this time it didn't work to their advantage. Tom Brady might be playing the sympathy card with the cold thing, or he may really be sick. Either way it comes down to the Patriots against the Seahawks on Sunday. Seeeeaaaaaaaaa-HAWKS!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It iss what it is.

"Tom cheated so now he's sick.

[snip]

Russell wins once again.

The champion drinks champaign."

edit on 28-1-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Ya and the hawks have a squeaky clean record.

All teams look for competitive advantages, like PED usage.
Hope sherman is watching whos water bottle he drinks out of.

It is a common cold, if y'all really think that is gonna affect tommy then not sure what to tell ya.

Look at what the players have said about this 'deflate gate'
Shoot the guy that intercepted the ball didn't even notice!
Non issue people.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Tom could play on crutches and still beat the hawks.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Suck it up buttercup.

Players of all sports play with way worse things than a cold all the time.
edit on 28-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Does he have a cold? Obfuscation? Certainly not with a Belichek team.
Crap thrown in the way to detract the media from his players. I don't know who does it better. Him or Harbaugh.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A cold for him is no big deal. For me I'd get stuck in bed for two weeks and have complications. But for him ... it's nothing.

And no, it's not karma. It's just a cold. 'Deflate-gate' was bogus. Supposedly soft balls in the first half didn't help their game and even the opposition didn't notice anything wrong with the balls. It's a non issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Given the score in the game against the Colts, the balls were a non-issue. A soft ball is not responsible for enough of an advantage to explain a 45-7 score. It's like complaining the officials were biased. Maybe they were, but they weren't 45 points of biased.

You can make a better case for blaming the balls in a game like the Lions-Cowboys or Packers-Cowboys or Packers-Seahawks where each of those games came down to dramatic single moments that had a big impact. An improperly deflated ball or "blown" call can explain those games.

But not 45-7.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The first prediction. Tom may or may not have a cold.
The Pats win on Brady 3rd down completions and driving Bount up the middle. Wilfork shuts down Beastmode and Belichek is able to spy Wilson. Score..... 24-17 Pats.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A cold probably won't affect his game any, but I cannot help but think this is karma. I do not believe he was oblivious to the decrease in air pressure on so many footballs. As any quarterback will tell you, THEY are the ones who make decisions about the football. They have a little wiggle room where they can increase or decrease pressure, and decreased pressure makes it easier to throw the football, plain and simple. Someone who was not used to handling a football probably wouldn't be able to tell a 2 psi difference; but someone who is used to handling a football, especially at the NFL or college level, WILL be able to feel the difference. If you squeeze it as hard as a football player does, either when tucking it, throwing, etc., the ball has a considerable amount of "give," which is not the case if you add that 2 psi. So Brady would have felt the difference in the footballs, and so would the HB and WR's. Penalize them.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
The first prediction. Tom may or may not have a cold.
The Pats win on Brady 3rd down completions and driving Bount up the middle. Wilfork shuts down Beastmode and Belichek is able to spy Wilson. Score..... 24-17 Pats.

Are U kidding me?

Have you taken your meds yet today?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Exactly. 12 out of 13 footballs were tampered with. Don't tell me it's a non-issue. Tampered with After they were checked by the officials. The score doesn't matter. The SCORE is what's the non-issue.
We're gonna deflate some egos to send home with the Pats' deflated balls.

And yeah Tom Brady suck it up buttercup. Everyone gets colds. Quit whinin'.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

They coulda been playing with completely flat balls and blount still would of ran in 3.
Again, look at what the players around the league and the ones that played in the game had to say about it.
So yes, non issue.
The biggest complaint is that they just didn't come out and say sorry instead of playing this who dun it.

The hawks d was exposed by 3 things: TE's, short passing game, and the run.

Patriots have all of that with a similar defense to boot.
Gonna be a good game, but also agree with the pats coming out on top.

edit on thWed, 28 Jan 2015 18:41:57 -0600America/Chicago120155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
heheh the title sounds likes a sick note to the school teacher from mum.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Let's stop whining about deflate-gate until after the Super Bowl. It's not like the balls won or lost that game for the Colts. I might feel differently if the score was close like it was in some of the other play off games.

At this rate the NFL has time to figure out what happened and then go from there with appropriate penalties.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

i got to say who cares why does ats even have a sports forum
how many people on here follow sports anyways and if you do shame on ya

top topics

<<   2 >>

join