It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles Panic Spreads at Bay Area Costco, Walmart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sounds like somebody walked into a store with measles and started a mini-panic.

A Costco store had warnings posted.

Big problem apparently.

Public health officials are suggesting booster shots and vaccines.

Lots of conspiracies as to why this measles thing is escalating.

Measles Panic Spreads at Bay Area Costco, Walmart

A Costco location in Gilroy, California is one of the latest sites exposed to the measles outbreak that began at Disneyland in mid-December. A measles-infected shopper visited the store while contagious, according to a Santa Clara County health official and NBC News Bay Area.

Warning flyers were posted at the Costco and a nearby Walmart that the shopper reportedly visited on January 18. The shopper may also have visited a nearby restaurant, according to NBC Bay Area; however, the name of the restaurant has not been released.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
They just can't pump the fear out fast enough, can they?
First it was Ebola, now this.
Run! ............and get a shot so we can make more profit! And we need another excuse to monitor you more closely!
"It's For Your Own Good"
edit on 26-1-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Measles?

Come ON people! Get a grip and get a shot already. I hate taking medication, and I hate getting injections even worse, but I prefer both those things to measles, and it is so easy to treat that we should have eradicated the disease by now! What is holding us back as a species here?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Some theories suggest the problem is because many people from other nations don't get vaccinated where they're from.

Can somebody confirm whether or not the children and adults recently in the U.S. got vaccinations after they were taken into custody and released?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is this a special form of Measles? Cause, I had the measles, and all my kids had the measles and wow, we all lived and are just fine. I even had the "german measles" and Im fine. In the old days, you would actually get your kids "exposed" just to make sure they had the measles while they were young.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It could be that or it could be from some foreign tourist to Disney Land who was not vaccinated who picked it up and brought it with them.

It could also be that someone in Cali who is reasonably wealthy and anti-vax picked it up from an illegal in Cali who was not vaccinated and had it and took it Disney Land, and it's more PC to report that everyone got it at Disney Land.

I just have a hard time picturing illegals at Disney Land for some reason. I can't afford it and I'm legal.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Exactly!

I mean who wants to allow the immune system do what it is supposed to do when we can potenially compromise the immune system while simultaneously condition people to get injections "for their own good"

Man oh man why would people ever question products coming from big pharma?!?

Leaves me mystified!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmMonday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Is this a special form of Measles? Cause, I had the measles, and all my kids had the measles and wow, we all lived and are just fine. I even had the "german measles" and Im fine. In the old days, you would actually get your kids "exposed" just to make sure they had the measles while they were young.

Measles party, this Saturday at my house!

Yea, I remember those.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: TrueBrit

Some theories suggest the problem is because many people from other nations don't get vaccinated where they're from.

Can somebody confirm whether or not the children and adults recently in the U.S. got vaccinations after they were taken into custody and released?

You are right that these cases appear to be initiated by visiting non-US citizens but the lack of vaccination by clusters of US citizens is making them more susceptible.

In the case of the California outbreak:

Vaccination status is documented for 34 of the 59 cases. Of these 34, 28 were unvaccinated, one had received one dose and five had received two or more doses of MMR vaccine.

France (2011)

Most of the cases that were brought to the U.S. in 2011 came from France

Philippines (2014)

Many of the cases in the U.S. in 2014 were associated with cases brought in from the Philippines.

Four children in a Florida family were diagnosed with measles in January 2013. None of the four were vaccinated against measles, and none had traveled outside of Orange County, Florida, during the periods when they likely had been exposed...

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Masque of the Red Death:

And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a thief in the night. And one by one dropped the revellers in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel, and died each in the despairing posture of his fall. And the life of the ebony clock went out with that of the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired. And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.

NYA HA HA! You are doomed to fall to the bio-engineered Death Measles, you vaccination slackers!

We got an MMR series a month or so ago as a refresher. Luckily I didn't catch the autism.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Congratulations to you and yours!

It unfortunate though that those who did die or were permanently physically and/or mentally disabled probably won't be able to post on here.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

Congratulations to you and yours!

It unfortunate though that those who did die or were permanently physically and/or mentally disabled probably won't be able to post on here.

I'm one of those survivors. I got the measles in kindergarten and was extremely sick. I had high fever, intense itchiness and white spots in my mouth, but I survived. My best friend did not. The high fever caused permanent hearing loss.

Measles is not to be taken lightly.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There have been some children who have caught measles from those exposed at Disneyland, that are too young to vaccinate. Why anyone would risk getting the measles is beyond me, but it's your choice. Should you decide to willingly catch the measles, please stay inside your home until your no longer contagious. (That includes your incubation time), as there are those of us who do not wish to get it.

This is what measles actually looks like

Feel free to scroll through the pictures of how fun it is.

According to data collected in the 1990s by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

About 8% of cases get diarrhea, leading to dehydration.

Another 7% get an ear infection, which can lead to deafness.

About 6% come down with pneumonia, a lung infection, making it hard to breathe. When people die of measles, it’s usually from pneumonia.

About 0.6% — 1 in 167 — will get seizures.

About 0.1% — that’s 1 in 1,000 — will get acute encephalitis, or swelling of the brain, which can lead to headaches, vomiting, a stiff neck, convulsions, and coma. About 15% of these people die.

The skin sloughs like that of a burn victim.

For every 100,000 cases of measles, about 7 will eventually get subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE).

SSPE is a severe brain inflammation that happens 7 to 10 years after recovering from measles. It leads to muscle spasms, seizures, dementia, personality changes, and death.

“It’s a death sentence,” Offit said. “If you have that, you’re going to die.”

In a few children, for example, measles has triggered facial gangrene.

Facial gangrene? I bet the kids loved that! Yup, measles are fun! Makes me wish I had them now! [sarc]

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
In my opinion, the only thing a person can do is look at all the evidence. Find out what risks come from the vaccine compared to the risks of the measles. Then weigh this information. Listen to your heart. I vaccinated my kids just before they went to kindergarten.

This is where you can see the CDC's vaccine warnings for the measles.
www.cdc.gov...

MMR vaccine side-effects
(Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
What are the risks from MMR vaccine?
A vaccine, like any medicine, is capable of causing serious problems, such as severe allergic reactions.
The risk of MMR vaccine causing serious harm, or death, is extremely small.
Getting MMR vaccine is much safer than getting measles, mumps or rubella.
Most people who get MMR vaccine do not have any serious problems with it.
Mild Problems
Fever (up to 1 person out of 6)
Mild rash (about 1 person out of 20)
Swelling of glands in the cheeks or neck (about 1 person out of 75)
If these problems occur, it is usually within 7-12 days after the shot. They occur less often after the second dose.
Moderate Problems
Seizure (jerking or staring) caused by fever (about 1 out of 3,000 doses)
Temporary pain and stiffness in the joints, mostly in teenage or adult women (up to 1 out of 4)
Temporary low platelet count, which can cause a bleeding disorder (about 1 out of 30,000 doses)
Severe Problems (Very Rare)
Serious allergic reaction (less than 1 out of a million doses)
Several other severe problems have been reported after a child gets MMR vaccine, including:
Deafness
Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
Permanent brain damage
These are so rare that it is hard to tell whether they are caused by the vaccine.
This information was taken directly from the MMR VIS

I would compare this information to the information anyafaj listed for the measles stats above, and see which is the bigger risk.
But, no one should just except a vaccine without doing their homework. Because, our pharma and Govt have proven time and again, that they can not be trusted. Period. We dont really know what is in those shots.
About 6-7 years ago all the kids were required to get the whooping cough shot or they couldnt go to school. The stats on Whooping cough didnt justify the demand. Now we see kids all over coming down with this respiratory illness and I cant help but wonder, if some kind of virus from those shots didnt lie dorment until now.
edit on 28-1-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Up to 10000 people exposed in 3 counties alone in Arizona now. I think it's in 7 states now, if I recall correctly. A woman returning from Disneyland went to her doctors and exposed the entire office, including babies too young to inoculate. According to this article one woman's 4 month old baby is showing some symptoms, but they are also symptoms of teething. She has to wait to till Feb. 11 to see if her child is in the clear. Another family of 4 is entirely hit. Of course, had gone to Disneyland.

My favorite quote in the article, just like Ebola,

The general public is not advised to wear masks or avoid public transportation, Maricopa County Public Health Director Bob England said.

Now mind you, you catch measles by the spray of a sneeze, or cough, so why not wear a mask? Wouldn't that help NOT spread the transmission to others? Just curious.
edit on 1/29/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/29/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

top topics

join