It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Recovers Small Drone at White House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: kosmicjack

It sure is a big deal, how are they going to stop this?

Drone zappers?

Hmmm! The fighter jets will not be much help with this "little" problem.

Mini fighter jet drones with laser zappers. Or one of these:

So true!

Some of the new "drones" are the size of insects and are designed to look like insects.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
What would be interesting would be to have one of those little insect sized CIA drones to fly into the White House.
Just to be 'a fly on the wall'.

maybe they already have

edit on 123131p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26
Look up FPS Russian on youtube..he has a drone with a light smg on it, have no doubt its very possible, the technology is there..even in the hobby industry. With UHF or it might be VHF radios you can fly for miles via a camera and gps.
I actually find it somewhat amusing with the way the U.S. govt uses drones to do bad things to its citizens.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I commented on that Russian drone. I heard its a hoax but never really found out. That was a scary idea ,that like you said, the tech is there even if that was cgi. Also the return to home GPS function on some of the drones is very faulty and just fly off where ever they want sometimes. It would be good to know the brand they found.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Schwallyjdog
It will be interesting to see..so many kits/components out there to build custom drones now nevermind the store bought ones.

edit on 26-1-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think we can assume that the drone lost contact with the controller when it entered that airspace?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It could have just been an accident. When it gets too far from the controller, I'm not sure if the propellers continue to turn or not. But if they do, the wind could have just carried it off and it just happened to land where it did. Not necessarily anything nefarious here.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud and outside the box here. How many breaches of security is it now??? 6? 7? I wonder what the average breach of security per term is.
We have:
The 2 separate guys that rushed the house itself. One made it inside.
Shots fired at the house. Only to be found later by the cleaning crew?!?
The crazy Mandela funeral translator.
The guy with a gun on the elevator.
The party crashers.
Now the drone...
Did I miss any?

Something just doesn't add up to me. Is the secret service really that incompetent? For a group called the secret service they sure seem to be rather forth coming with information. Especially when it's about threats to the president. Why are we even told? I also cant help but think about the two movies released last year depicting a siege at the White House. It just all seems like so much. Not going to say a PSY OP but it does seem to be a bit like information overload at this point.
edit on 26-1-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
mobile.nytimes.com... news&_r=0&referrer=

WASHINGTON — The small drone that crashed into a tree on the South Lawn of the White House early Monday morning was operated by a government employee who has told the Secret Service that he did not mean to fly it over the White House fence and near the president’s residence, according to law enforcement officials.

The employee — who does not work for the White House — has told the Secret Service that he was flying the drone for recreational purposes at about 3 a.m. in the area around 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue when he lost control of it.

A goverment employee...in the middle of the night.
Stranger and stranger.

edit on 1/26/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yeah, flying a drone for recreational purposes at 3am. Definitely not on my list of things to do at 3 am in the winter... especially near the White House.

I would be curious to know what department he does work for.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
A goverment employee...in the middle of the night.
Stranger and stranger.

Wow. A government employee doing something stupid. Holy out of character action, Batman.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Department of Forest Services in their new Alaskan North Shore Branch.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah...honestly, I'd like to think that either our government employees were smarter than this...or our Secret Service less gullible.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wonder if some rouge group is doing recon, getting intel and info on who is where and
how many and areas of easy breach?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Yeah...honestly, I'd like to think that either our government employees were smarter than this...or our Secret Service less gullible.

I have a mailbox and a front porch. Where do you think the mail ends up more often than not?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They just reported on the news a little while ago that the apparent owner of the drone contacted the secret service and said it was just an accident. He's being interviewed.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Department of Forest Services in their new Alaskan North Shore Branch.

I meant before this happened.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

ISIS Has Seized 88 Pounds Of Uranium In Northern Iraq

Not saying ISIS has moved any of that into the states but they definitely are crazy enough to try it and god help us all if they ever get away with it. But the real problem still exists, terrorists + drones + explosives + chemical/nuclear material.

Not good. It appears the US military's love of drone can and will bite them in the ass.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Either way, now that this drone has been found you can be rest assured all security precautions are being looked at and will be enforced. So the White House will be fine but the rest of America is an easy, easy, easy target.

Terrorist have the real potential to enter the Drone Wars.

Will America one day get a feeling of what life's like in Pakistan and other Middle Eastern nations who are under constant drone attacks?

I can buy a drone on Amazon and ISIS is raking in the money each and every day.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Drones + this = paradigm shift. Or really just dirty materials or biologicals.

The FAA has already said drones are a real problem and since I have one flying around my north Atlanta neighborhood, I'm inclined to believe them.

From compromising photos to the terror implications, it's pretty freaking Orwellian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join