It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Tahrir Palestinians who support a "caliphate" in Muslim countries protest cartoons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Nice flags these guys have. No surprise there. Of course they want more violence, calling on their "Muslim armies" to give France and America what they deserve.

www.nytimes.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.worldbulletin.net...

"France is the mother of terrorism. America is the mother of terrorism," the protesters chanted. They carried black-and-white banners which read "There is only one God and Mohammad is his messenger."

The protests were called by the Tahrir Party, which advocates the establishment of a "caliphate" in Muslim countries.

"We have taken to the streets in order to demand Muslim armies act the way France and the West deserve in response to the repeated offences against the Prophet, peace be upon him," said Baher Saleh, a member of the party.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

"We have taken to the streets in order to demand Muslim armies act the way France and the West deserve in response to the repeated offences against the Prophet, peace be upon him,

Calling for outright war and then wishing Peace upon the prophet, hmmmm......

The Irony and complete contradiction would be hilarious if the guy wasnt serious and was capable of understanding how stupid he sounds

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The real war needs to be fought against religion.

This is nothing against good and normal people, in any faith.

However when you have books that are either meant to condone violence in one way or another, or directly call for it, there is always going to be that chance that those negative ideals spread.

Just for the record,

I am not advocating believers be killed.

That's not what I meant by "war".
edit on 1-25-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

However when you have books that are either meant to condone violence in one way or another, or directly call for it, there is always going to be that chance that those negative ideals spread.

Just for the record,

Wow....

I can read your post an imagine Stalin or Mao or Hitler sitting in a meeting with advisers and saying the same thing you just said.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

You are only saying that because the subject I was talking about is religion.

If it was a different subject, that involved similar circumstances, perhaps you would agree with my stance. e.g. A book in a school library detailing various ways to kill people quietly. Let's say some kids are taking that book to heart. Would you advocate for the removal of that book from the school? Yes?

Why should religious texts with equally immoral content be any more acceptable?

Religion... It's a sensitive, and complicated subject not to be taken lightly.

I am hardly a Stalin, Mao, or Hitler...

I love how religion gets a free pass all the time.

Oh and I love how those who recognize how it leaves room for atrocious acts to be committed, are compared to your Hitlers and Pol Pots of the world.

And just to be clear, I despise religion, not necessarily the religious.

My "war on religion" would be waged via education (not re-education camps).

Not death camps or the like...

Do svidaniya, zàijiàn, auf Wiedersehen!
edit on 1-25-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

In complete agreement with you W.U. Beer! Much literature has been censored for much less than the violence in the "holy" books. Huge double standard.

Personally, I can understand a muslim backlash against the western world if looked at as retaliation for the "shock and awe" tactics our governments took in the middle east/north Africa (specially in a generation that was robbed of parents and/or peace), but violence at the request of an ancient text is ridiculous. Ridiculous from any standpoint and for any religion. Oh the irony; religion of peace in islam, the duality of wrathful god/lamb of god in Christianity, military peacekeepers... propaganda much?

Also personally, I think the western world has it coming and deserves it (not we the people, but the governments) and the only way to stop it would be to apologize, ask forgiveness and truly work as one world to help each country heal. Otherwise the wound keeps festering. But nevermind... war is profitable, silly me.

Sorry... turned my response into a rant. I will forgive myself

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
The Irony and complete contradiction would be hilarious if the guy wasnt serious and was capable of understanding how stupid he sounds

Yes, totally agree.

These people have been conditioned to believe that they are peaceful. On the news the UK there are commentators who constantly remind that "Islam is the religion of peace".

I see no peace in the internecine brutality between different denominations of Muslims, nor the killings of Christians in northern Nigeria and other places, nor in the attitudes of the mob, such as shown on the OP.

www.theguardian.com...

Regards
edit on 25/1/2015 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Is it possible we (the UN or some other great commonaliser) could talk to the masses and get a patch of land around or within the current "Caliphate" and give it to them.

No out, just the Caliphate they want and they can do whatever they want there.

Every muslim who wants to oppose non muslim ways in non muslim countries can live there.

I suggest the current location, a bit of Iraq, a bit of Syria and perhaps a bit of somewhere else. Give it to them.
edit on 25 1 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I would ask that anyone here do a google image search of the following four:

Hezbollah.

HAMAS.

ISIS.

Boko Haram.

What do those images bring to mind? How do they make you feel as citizens of a free and democratic society?

Now compare that to Jewish influence on our free democracies. Say, for example, even in this tiny far off rural place I live in was helped to thrive by Jewish Merchants with the tin mining. Jews were chased out of England in the 12th century and the tin mining here went to ruin and no economic drive or riches for centuries after that. I said before that we in the West are Israel. Our fate and our cultures are in historical union together. The Jewish influence has been largely responsible for our advanced development and civilization.

I am very concerned at the barbarism of certain aspects of Islam (extremist people who crucify, rape, who behead, who drag people through the centre of town from a motorcycle).

I am glad that we are keeping this in check. We need to because otherwise it will be happening on our door step and the civilization we enjoy will no longer exist.

I am very suspicious of Islam. I wonder whether as a religion it has any civilizing cosmopolitan potential? However, Muslims who do not adhere to this barbarism are welcome and I have no problem offering a hand of friendship.

I am glad Israel exists. It is a beautiful thing to see it in our world once again, almost a miracle in fact after two thousand years without a home. Islam is fighting a losing battle if it wants to destroy Israel. Much better to concede and accept Israel. How likely is that to happen, probably not at all.

How you will hate my comment, but I am saying it because this is what I think and feel.

edit on 25-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Fredom means, if you don't like it, simply don't look, but rfespect others right to laugh. You have no right to try to impose your religious beliefs on another and that is a lesson islamics need to learn when they bring themselves to the West. Simples.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Those groups represent the worst on our streets I agree. But where do you draw the line with the so-called legal criminals in the banking world and other places where they influence policy for a few? Sorry I could never agree with your sentiments unless israel changes its policies. They are unacceptable and a scar on humanity and because we all keep quiet, groups like the four and I expect there are others, exist.

If you take away the cause and give people the chance of a good future for themselves and their families I suspect most would leave these groups to get their own worlds in order. What is going on won't stop until we have radical change.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Blimey, they are still protesting about this 'cartoon'. LOL.

Ever heard the expression:

Throwing your toys from the pram

Well, this is what this lot are doing.

First Paragraph in wiki reads:

Babies and small children in prams have a tendency to throw a temper tantrum when they don't get their own way, throwing all their toys that were in the pram out onto the floor in the process. By extension, the British phrase "to throw one's toys out of the pram" is used when we see similar behaviour in adults. It's not acceptable, although understandable, for toddlers to do this, but on Wikipedia we see exactly the same thing happening in grown-ups from time to time.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

What do you mean "Palestinians"?

Do you mean Syrian and Jordanian refugees?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Nice flags these guys have.

Does anyone else getthe same vibe off of the extreme muslims in the middle east as say, neo nazis? They're always mostly men, mostly young men, and want some extreme view on society. World War II happened. ISIS will love recruiting these guys when they start their Palestinian branch, lol.

ISIS does have the potential to take over the entire Sunni world, especially in the middle east, with a muslim version of Hitler rising to power.
edit on 1/25/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
the caliphate is what UBL wanted. They are sick of being pushed around by the nuclear states. They want saudi arabia's oil and pakistans nukes. UBL was trying to provoke a response from the west with 9/11 that would have destabilized the entire region leading to the super state

this is why the world has to be careful with any response to terrorism. They want a shock and awe response to feed the fires.

I wish I had a solution. If you pull back entirely, they claim victory and gain power, if you attack too strongly they play martyr and claim victory and gain power

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
But no, not, Islam is the religion of peace and wants to being warm fuzzies to the west

*End sarcasm*

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

That is only if you believe ubl had anything to do with 911...I don't...but that is for 911 threads....being an atheist I to think religion is a very vocal killer...but everyone has their downside....but I can live in harmony with religion...just a shame that they spew peace and love yet cannot live in harmony with others...when religions can get off their ego trips...then maybe we could all just get along...but until that time they shall be considered less than honourable in my books because if for one second people think killing on behalf of their chosen god (whom is suppose to be a benevolent forgiving god) then those people should really just get the help they need...not from their god...but maybe ask an atheist...as we were born with a moral compass...and believe me ...god had nothing to do with it.
edit on 043131p://f52Sunday by plube because: grandma

edit on 043131p://f54Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

What do you mean "Palestinians"?

Do you mean Syrian and Jordanian refugees?

What do you mean "Israelis" ?

Do you mean Polish and Russian refugees?

(post by Outcrosser removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Just for the record,

Wow....

I can read your post an imagine Stalin or Mao or Hitler sitting in a meeting with advisers and saying the same thing you just said.

You do know Hitler was a devout Roman Catholic right? He gave millions to the church while he was in charge of Germany.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join