It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's fastest electric motorcycle crashes with designer driving

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
world's fastest electric motorcycle crashes with designer on it

Hello I just come across this link found it very interesting not just how fast motorcycle is but the technology that the government scientist says that is involved with the battery these Nanotech battery cells what is talking about very interesting I don't know much about it but I know that all these nanotechnologiesthat are currently out and about in the field of science is astounding and breathtaking and the speed that at this bike can produce in such short time is amazing like he says it's like a big drill enjoy the video guys you think he would be wearing a helmet though.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Chefspicy

I hate how live leak glorifies the bad stuff with retarded things like "action starts @ 2:00" yeah electric bikes dont need alot of the same fluids or a transmission, they are incredibly light and can have motors that go to each individual wheel if the designer wanted to as not only are the motors lighter the whole bike probably weighs a fraction of what its fastest petroleum bikes do. They can be dangerous but they are still pretty cool. Sucks that the guy crashed though.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I hate how live leak glorifies the bad stuff with retarded things like "action starts @ 2:00" yeah electric bikes dont need alot of the same fluids or a transmission, they are incredibly light and can have motors that go to each individual wheel if the designer wanted to as not only are the motors lighter the whole bike probably weighs a fraction of what its fastest petroleum bikes do. They can be dangerous but they are still pretty cool. Sucks that the guy crashed though.

Actually, electric powered bikes / cars are usually heavier. Those batteries weigh a ton. However, what makes electric so potent is that unlike a combustion engine, electric motors have full torque at 1 rpm whereas a typical combustion motor needs to be in a much higher RPM range to get full torque and hp. This is why most electric bikes being designed are automatic and have no gears as they aren't needed.

Electric motorcycles are the future though.

Most super bikes can hit 0-60 in about 2.5-3 seconds. This guy was basically on a drag bike. I can't imagine what he was thinking. Looks like he was trying to show off doing a burnout and the tire caught traction and he took off unexpectedly.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That tells me the bike is ridiculously fast I think it took less than a second once it got away on him before he traveled that distance and crashed. Not enough time to throttle back and break. I hope he recovers. Accidents happen and hot doging on bikes they seem to happen a lot. Gas or electric it doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I dont think the batteries would weigh as much as the transmission and its components along with all the required fluids. I will see if i can't find this bikes specs and a fair comparison. You may be right but I'd have to see for myself.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
They call them "Zero's" (no CC) in the racing world and have been around for awhile check out the "Isle of Man" races if you want to watch the ballsiest race in the World. They race them there with gas bikes of course too.

edit on 23-1-2015 by ugmold because: typo

edit on 23-1-2015 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure why he would need a helmet, obviously nothing to protect upstairs anyway. Cool bike though or should I say 'was' a cool bike.
edit on 23-1-2015 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'll be damned you are right the Hellacycle ridden in this video weighs 653 lbs while a comparable bike like Bill Warners 311mph Suzuki Hayabusa only weighs 586lbs (Wet weight). The Hellacycles batteries weigh 200lbs according to their site. I still have my doubts though, if I wasnt racing I doubt I would need all of those batteries. Besides all of that the bike he is using he made for racing and he isn't shy about saying so. If your going to race have to have the safety gear for a race track etc

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
They call them "Zero's" (no CC) in the racing world and have been around for awhile check out the "Isle of Man" races if you want to watch the ballsiest race in the World. They race them there with gas bikes of course too.

Isle of Man is insane. I must watch those videos like once every couple of days on youtube. I'm still trying to figure out how they balance the bikes without their balls getting in the way. These guys make all other athletes look like straight beotches.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
200mph+ on regular old roads, every year is faster than the last. I just don't see how someone can control a machine going that fast, I think in the Hills it's like 235+.

They say the houses shake when they go by. There are certainly better clips than this one, but I was having a hard time imbedding. They usually don't show the crashes, which is fine in my book. I respect these men deeply being a longtime cyclist myself (I rarely go over 60 mph, lol)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
200mph+ on regular old roads, every year is faster than the last. I just don't see how someone can control a machine going that fast, I think in the Hills it's like 235+.

They say the houses shake when they go by. There are certainly better clips than this one, but I was having a hard time imbedding. They usually don't show the crashes, which is fine in my book. I respect these men deeply being a longtime cyclist myself (I rarely go over 60 mph, lol)

Makes one think how and where they practice without killing themselves to get there. It is still awesome

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I dont think the batteries would weigh as much as the transmission and its components along with all the required fluids. I will see if i can't find this bikes specs and a fair comparison. You may be right but I'd have to see for myself.

I'd be surprised if there was any "transmission". Most electric vehicles don't use them.

Lithium batteries are less than half the weight of conventional lead acid batteries and are dry.

So the only liquid would be a pint of brake fluid; They don't run long enough for coolant to function.

I've been riding Lithium powered Ebikes for a few years now and will never go back to gas motorcycles

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Government scientist by profession. Dumbass in his free time.
That bike goes from 0 to ouch! in less than one second.
No helmet or leathers? And who the hell parked a minivan on the track? Oh, wait...that wasn't a race track.
I hope he didn't break himself too bad and that he learned a lesson in common sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Cells are LiFePO4 and made by A123 systems. They have excellent power density and mediocre energy density for Lithium Ion batteries.

Also an electric bike will usually be somewhat heavier than a petrol one, the batteries are heavy. They aren't extremely heavy though!

Here's a manufacturer of purely electric motorcycles: www.zeromotorcycles.com... I believe the cells they use are made by Farasis Energy. Significantly better energy density, worse power density. Makes sense since it's not a drag bike.

edit on 23/1/15 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
A bike that accelerates that fast should have a thumb-button operated throttle. If you're pulling heavy g's with a roll throttle you're a little bit screwed if you need to get off of it fast.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I was making a comparison sorry my english wasn't good enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
A bike that accelerates that fast should have a thumb-button operated throttle.

NK, that was no joke when it hooked up. A rider with some common sense wouldn't hurt either.

XL5

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Even though electric motors have torque at low RPM and they don't "need" a transmission, you waste less power/energy with the proper transmission in an electric vehicle.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

lmao "killacycle" that whole clip is gold but its quite an old clip ive seen it before.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
After hearing the ramp up solicitation for the new battery technology powering the super bike, I visited the company website. I didn't dig around a lot, and found little to no information about the specific advantages of this development.

Remember…the guy touted that you can just 'forget anything you thought you knew about batteries' before doing the burnout.

I have had pause to think about the electric bike. The comments on YT are helpful. One guy pointed out that the tire grabbed at high revs and that was that. I am gathering that RPM's are more quickly achieved using this drive (when, if ever, will airplanes fly using batteries?) I'll also hazard that the torque is quite difficult to control.

Note how the driver blurts out, like a paranoid ski fiend, at the reporter, for having mentioned 'injury', just before the stunt gone awry. Yeah, it's a distinct possibility. The world's bestest and fastest bike, what could go wrong. I wonder if he's OK.

Electric bikes are dead silent, which is bad for riders. I don't want to see it or say it, but imo it has never been more risky to use motorbikes, and car drivers are fleeing (hit and run) because they cannot cognitively accept that they just mowed someone down in their car, while texting. These drives may be the future of everything on earth. But you need all the defensive help you can get with a motorcycle, and noise is one of them.

# 351

top topics

<<   2 >>

join