It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pulls down house without telling wife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right section. mods, relocate if you need to..

did a search, didn't find anything..

now that THAT'S out of the way...

Filed under: WTF?

So there's this guy in NY...he destroyed his house...with all of his, and his wife's stuff in it....

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That's the county under me, I'm about an hour away from Middletown. I'm not surprised. The entire area is interrelated through years of inbreeding, and there's no genetic diversity. In short, yeah I believe it, no brains involved in that situation.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sometimes chicks just don't get it. They think just because you're a dude you can fix anything. My wife is this way.

I did something similar with a washing machine a few years back. Kept telling the wife it was unfixable and we needed to bite the bullet and get another one. After many debates and her not budging on it being fixable I took a sledgehammer to it. Mangled it beyond recognition.

Sometimes you have to just get the point across. I agree the OP's situation is a bit extreme, but I totally understand his point.

So...meh.
edit on 1 23 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Not only didn't he tell his wife or get a permit, he didn't even shut off the gas, electric, water...I am sure he's got a perfectly logical explanation for his actions.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So the husband isn't the partner?

Anyhow, that's one way to get out of doing what's on the honey-do list

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

LOL.....He snapped.......This would make a funny Home depot commercial.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Before reading the article, I was going to guess that his wife was divorcing him. But after reading, I just kind of chuckled. Why renovate when you can build a new house? Maybe he wanted carpet and she wanted hardwood. Hard to know the logic. At least if she divorces him now, there won't be a house to fight over.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So I guess someone is going to be sleeping on the couch tonight...

...oh, wait!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In the video she states they weren't fighting…

Looks like he dug up the yard and threw it on the heap, too.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I basically did the same to my house a couple of years ago. Got about halfway through gutting and partially repairing it before we said "**** it" and took a chainsaw to the walls and lifted it off the floor using a forklift, crushed it, light fixtures, mirrors, and all, and dropped it in a construction trash bin. Then, removed the floor, disposed of it, and rebuilt from the ground up. It went much faster then.

I did get our belongings out, first, of course.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I guess there`s nothing wrong with doing that if you have the money to build a new house and buy all new stuff, but this dumbass wasn`t even the legal owner of the house his wife was, and even worse he didn`t have the gas, electric or water turned off before he tore the house down, LOL
It doesn`t say if they still had a mortgage on the property but if they did I`m sure the bank isn`t very happy. LOL
edit on 23-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Funny story.

Btw, did anyone noticed the missing temple stem of her glasses?:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

lol "You can do it. We can help."

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

look at you..finding a silver lining....

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i think i see a couch...

HEY LUKE, THERE'S STILL HOPE!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tichy

oh crap...false flag? crisis actor? staged event?

holy crap, someone call the lads, we need to get on this...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: Tichy

oh crap...false flag? crisis actor? staged event?

holy crap, someone call the lads, we need to get on this...

Conspiracy detected, for sure

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
I basically did the same to my house a couple of years ago. Got about halfway through gutting and partially repairing it before we said "**** it" and took a chainsaw to the walls and lifted it off the floor using a forklift, crushed it, light fixtures, mirrors, and all, and dropped it in a construction trash bin. Then, removed the floor, disposed of it, and rebuilt from the ground up. It went much faster then.

I did get our belongings out, first, of course.

We did this too

Bought a old nag of a house from my parents and, before the ink dried on the paperwork, we trashed that puppy and had it hauled away. Even let kids and visitors throw rocks through the windows. It all went into someone's private landfill, at no cost other than trucking. We would have recycled it but the landfill was a short term offer and the district was bringing in building codes and permits, so we needed to get our project grandfathered in.

Parents were kinda shocked as they hold the mortgage and six years later we're still re-building but it truly solved the problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Tequila and home repairs dont mix well ...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tichy
Funny story.

Btw, did anyone noticed the missing temple stem of her glasses?:

I've been sporting a pair of legless wonder glasses myself for the last four months... can't afford new ones... too broke from building a house after pulling down the old one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join