It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Hope They're Friendly"...Really?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
And I mean it actually.

I see this on many threads in the UFO forums..."I hope they're friendly".

Really?

Ever since I can remember it has always been said by someone that if/when we finally make contact with another World we hope they are friendly. What a piece of BS.

There are only two reasons for that hope and that is self preservation and pure greed. NOT a shaking of hands, exchange of ideas, knowledge, technology as many would like to believe. NOT a wonderful glowing, warm and fuzzy feeling of oneness with the Universe. It's simple fear and greed. Fear that we are not advanced enough to repel an attack and that we will be conquered or destroyed.

And friendly? Where do we even get this from? Let's face it...WE are not friendly and are not remotely close to an understanding of the concept.

The greed? If we came across a lesser advanced civilization it would only be a matter of time before our leaders & corporations felt it their right to conquer and control. To move in and take whatever resources they decided to take. To experiment on our new found friends to see what makes them tick. Only a matter of time before they started to play with their DNA to see what can be created, crossed or manipulated.

And the people? We would eventually come to support those mad men because we would get sold a false flag or "it's us or them." We would again be dieing by the millions for their gain. "Grab yer guns folks...Let's get 'em!"

It's also not beyond the realm of possibilities that slave labor came into play. We allow it on our own planet as we are aware of it yet fail to stop it. We also don't stand against our leaders and corporations in a way that is even remotely effective when it comes to the raping of our own planet so what makes anyone think that we would do anything but stand by and watch it happen to a lesser advanced civilization on another planet if we were told that it was absolutely necessary?

I believe that we as a species are not ready to meet another until we can get our own house in order. And that day my friends, is a long way off. In fact, I see the concept of World peace as impossible unless one of two events happen.

1. We have our 3rd World War (inevitable in our lifetime IMO) and somehow, some way we come out of it with the utmost humility, fear and realization that we MUST have peace at all cost. This is most likely the lesser possibility of the 2 and quite simply a fantasy scenario as we never learn. Mad men will always rise.

2. WE are the ones conquered and are somehow forced to either come together for our own survival or we accept our new identity as a conquered planet and whatever may result from that. But that still does not give us World peace does it?

And an invading species? Are THEY friendly? Are they of a warrior species or have they somehow evolved as a peaceful being within their DNA? Is it even possible? If we look at our planet as a possible guideline, probably not. So do we really want to have enemies on our own planet as well from another?

I cringe every time I hear those words "I hope they're friendly" because if they are they won't be for very long after meeting us. And if a species out there is truly friendly then they should just stay hidden until we get our own SH## together.

I know, different type of rant but I was going through a few threads in the UFO forum and that phrase keeps coming up. I just don't get it.

IMO, best scenario? An intelligent and highly advanced species that makes us look like cave dwellers who can help us come up with a way to gain a peace that redefines us. So much more advanced that we dare not try to fight but rather learn. So far away that our mediocre technology can't possibly travel there nor even know of their location.

And if they are here visiting only to come under attack from some faction or Govt...do us the favor of simply eliminating the threat with blessing and support from the 99%.

Science Fiction? Probably. But one can hope right?

Peace

edit on 19-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
And.....What about Area 51... They probably WERE friendly ,and we dissected them....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
And.....What about Area 51... They probably WERE friendly ,and we dissected them....

Proving my point exactly.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Humanity, technology to get to Mars but the emotional self control of cavemen, welcome to Earth!
edit on 19-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Humanity, technology to get to Mars but the emotional self control of cavemen, welcome to Earth!

LOL

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think it boils down to humankind's inherent need to have an "us versus them" situation. If there isn't one, we'll create it.

What better scenario then us vs. Aliens?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I actually hope they're malevolent and outnumber us 10 to 1 surrounding the planet, blowing up the moon & nuking us from orbit...

Leave no trace of this rotten virus we call "humanity".

Too much?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Overkill!!!

Haha.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Maybe waterboarding is a favorite pastime of theirs and we end up giving them great joy instead?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
I cringe every time I hear those words "I hope they're friendly" because if they are they won't be for very long after meeting us.

I have nothing to add to this utterly brilliant rant. I have oft thought of this, and I would be embarrassed for other species to meet "us" as we are now...what enviable qualities do we have to show for ourselves, really?

If they judged us by the internet alone (or *shudder* - YouTube comments), they would have NO choice but to assume we're a bunch of negative trolls in human form.

Not to mention the disgraceful way we are treating our home planet.
edit on 19-1-2015 by MoonBlossom because: Afterthought

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

You're right & I shouldnt have said nuked because that affects the planet & wildlife as well which wouldn't be fair...

I'll have to rethink a strategy for them.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Much better!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I actually hope they're malevolent and outnumber us 10 to 1 surrounding the planet, blowing up the moon & nuking us from orbit...

Leave no trace of this rotten virus we call "humanity".

Too much?

Just enough IMO.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
I think it boils down to humankind's inherent need to have an "us versus them" situation. If there isn't one, we'll create it.

What better scenario then us vs. Aliens?

The only problem is that we are so filled with our own Deluded sense of superiority that many believe we are actually the master species in the Universe.

Damn I hope not.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Personally, i'd much rather wait until the planet implodes in on itself and
then, upon awakening from 'dream hell', create my own Utopia where
evil doesn't and cannot exist. This world is a slow motion disaster
waiting to perish.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Personally, i'd much rather wait until the planet implodes in on itself and
then, upon awakening from 'dream hell', create my own Utopia where
evil doesn't and cannot exist. This world is a slow motion disaster
waiting to perish.

We absolutely need a re-set button. There's no way back but rather a stop-start scenario as our only chance.

Peace

edit on 19-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Send my ex to meet with them.
They will leave faster then the speed of light !

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I imagine that the universe has some sort of inbuilt safe guard and that if a species i too concerned with infighting like we are they wont be able to devote the necessary resources to getting too far away from its planet or if it does get the technological ability to do so it will use that tech to self destruct before it is able to put that it to use in a viable space program.

Well lets hope so anyway, Id hate to think there are nasty ET's out there coming for a visit or even worse, that we could inflict on an unsuspecting universe what we inflict on each other

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I happened to study in depth of this ever since I had strange experiences myself. And that is what you see, most serious researchers in the subject have had some kind of past experiences, because it is too complex and too hard to believe for anybody, unless you have had the experiences which means you know for yourself. So you will find that all knowledgeable researchers may not admit at first, but they have had experiences.

It turns out, that the government had hired and let out into the public many counter intelligence agents who told the public that these UFO occupants were our friends. One well known agent was George Adamski, who had a secret clearance. All of those contactees were appointed by the government to lie to the public, about the friendliness of the aliens.

By this time it probably wasn't aware of the abductions, but there is a story that they found come cattle and human body parts on the Roswell crash. That would make sense because again, people will lie about it any way they can, but the cattle mutilations in 1975 were alien.

Now it would be no time before that discovered the abductions. One of the first family they discovered on a rural farm, the government held and detained in their own residence for around five days, at that time it was popular to do mind control experiments, so they had them under mind control and various questioning techniques for the five days.

Now in the 1960s, about the time of the Hill abduction, the abductions were going on full force. But at that time you did not have any UFO researchers on abductions, because it wasn't known. Some of the would be abduction researchers were looking into UFOs but they didn't yet believe in abductions. But the government was one step ahead. They financed individuals to lie to the public about being contacted, while the real contactees were undergoing hideous experiments in underground bases. It is the same as religion - the white man took it from the Jews and made it his own, then killed all of the Jews, and killed the source which had taught them the religion. Anything to make the general public think the opposite of what is true. And to be honest, it hurts me so much that people have come to the point of such hatred and lies, that I can't even type further, I can't finish the post because I am far too hurt inside.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
But if they are friendly we can steal their technology and use it to destroy them.

I doubt if they would trust us, that is probably why they don't intermingle with us.

But they can stop by my house anytime for coffee and some sweets. If they are that advanced they would drink coffee.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join