It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two new possible planets in our Solar System?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Scientists have found that there are possible 2 more planets after Neptun (And Pluton of course). But those are not your typical Dwarf planets, but in fact planets with bigger mass than Earth!

Link to what i found

Researchers have uncovered evidence of two more planets circling our sun far beyond Pluto's orbit. It's a discovery that scientists say could revolutionize current models on the formation of the solar system. The discovery came from a new comprehensive new analysis of the orbits of "extreme trans-Neptunian objects" by researchers at the University of Cambridge and Complutense University of Madrid.

edit on 18-1-2015 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Take down your second link, anything to do with BIN isnt allowed here

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

kk sorry, i didnt know. i still want to upload the picture tho :/

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well then save it and upload it here

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I saved it already but i cant upload it . Sorry. By the way why is not allowed to link to other sites? :/

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Member theantediluvian beat you to this a couple of days ago.

theantediuvian's Thread

Although your link is a different source than his.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Kk apprently he did. In my country the news is just today c:
edit on 18-1-2015 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

I saved it already but i cant upload it . Sorry. By the way why is not allowed to link to other sites? :/

No it's fine to link to other sites, its actually preferred to link to other sources in your topics.

It's just that "Before it's News" is a known hoax site so that site among a few others are big NO NO's here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Yeah i checked it out. Had some good laughts from the top news xD

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. We can't change the amount of planets in our solar system that we have been teaching our kids in school. They will need to discount this evidence, it does not fit into what we think we know. Allowing this evidence would mean that most people were wrong all along and we were led to believe in a fallacy of science..

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not sure if serious or jest.

Everything evolves, even our understanding of our environment. Progress is good.

Weather its true or not will have to be seen.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

They've changed Pluto's status a couple of times.
In my head it'll always be a planet - that was what I grew up with.

I'm open to a whole new solar system experience, as long as Pluto stays a planet........

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Only once.

Change is hard for you I guess.

I'm open to a whole new solar system experience, as long as Pluto stays a planet........

But it's not and really never should have been.
edit on 18-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Pluto hangs around with Mickeymouse. Pluto isn't a planet, it is a cartoon character.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Because...you know....

"we know it's BS"...

So, ignore it altogether, and completely sidestep the grain to table spoon of salt.....

Sorry, but in my mind, information is information. Truth is a vector. There is no single "truth", but rather, shards of truth. Therefore, given these factors, to ignore anything outright, is an exercise in hubris.

Label it. Make certain it is given the appropriate degree of gravity that it deserves when taken into consideration with other sources.

Ignore it?

No chance.

Many of my plebeian friends immediately close their mind when they even think I'm about to utter something even remotely ATS or conspiracy theory related. Kinda funny, but, you're really putting yourself in with that group, aren't you?

-NF

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Nice find and reads! Thanks
S&F

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is the third on this topic now. I started one other day and left it. It has link back to first thread on this.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This is ridiculous. We can't change the amount of planets in our solar system that we have been teaching our kids in school. They will need to discount this evidence, it does not fit into what we think we know. Allowing this evidence would mean that most people were wrong all along and we were led to believe in a fallacy of science..

Oh come now... Those people who believe that are progressing.. They are all taking a "Cruise for Christ" this coming summer. While it may seem like a no big deal those people have overcome their fear of sailing off the edge of the Earth...

There may be hope after all

@ the op

interesting read..
edit on 18-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Lol. Actually i love change. But school was a long time ago, and I used to know that there was 9 planets.
Now there's 8 planets and 5 dwarf planets. What's bad is that I had to Google that

It could change again, that's okay I guess.
New discoveries are always welcome.

My brain is probably just being stubborn because of the cartoons I grew up with...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: rickymouse

Oh come now... Those people who believe that are progressing.. They are all taking a "Cruise for Christ" this coming summer. While it may seem like a no big deal those people have overcome their fear of sailing off the edge of the Earth...

There may be hope after all

@ the op

interesting read..

The thing is that if you believe in what you know, that belief interferes with comprehension of things outside of your belief. This is so evident in all professions, even sciences of all kind. It is evident in all the professions I have learned too. This is a human trait. We also tend to protect our beliefs and try to discredit others who challenge us on the subject. Belief doesn't have to be in an entity to be misguided. I am guilty of this myself sometimes and try to control it as much as I can but the defensive mode seems to come out even though I am aware of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join