It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terrorists Weapon of Mass Destruction YOU Are Touching RIGHT NOW

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The jolly old interwebs are a spook agencies wet dream.

Hey everyone, look at this cool new "social networking" site, it's free, put all your private and personal stuff on there and tell the sppoks who you know personally or by association.
Makes it easier for the government agencies to mark the files "good citizen drone", "dissenter" or "threat to the establishment" and they can act accordingly using the ever expanding resources at their disposal.

As well as the propaganda, which has always been with us in one form or another, we now have the clever use (in their eyes) of marketing and social engineering to further polarize us, or create support in their latest little schemes.

So, it seems right now the only obstacle to them is encryption that, as mentioned many times before, can only be for those wishing to hide incriminating material. To be honest, I am not to bothered as I will say exactly what I post directly to their faces if given the chance. However, removal of encryption and more back doors in hardware and software enables the criminals as much as the government agencies (I consider them the same thing though).

I have always been of the opinion though that, as these bozos are taxpayer funded then we, the taxpayers have a bigger reason than them for surveillance.... of them and all their agencies, to ensure no criminal activity is going on and to protect our own national interests. Of course, they create laws to prevent us doing that and will prosecute to the highest extent possible anyone trying to do so.

The answer of course for the bad guys is to go low tech and not use electronic means of communication. This of course renders the entire surveillance state and all of it's high tech snooping gear and the £Billions spent (Hundreds of £Billions?) a complete waste. Unless of course it was never meant to keep tabs on the bad guys, but the rest of us instead!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I agree with you, hefficide....but, I always assumed that it was obvious to us members here, that ATS or for that matter any other social media website, can be easily seen by government agencies. if not, then I'm far from being the most naïve person here.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Them being able to see us wasn't the point. Them taking total control of the Internet in the name of security is an extremely viable and realistic possibility. That is the point of the thread.

As far as them watching? They invented the tech, I assume they've been packet sniffing since day one.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: jimmyx

Them being able to see us wasn't the point. Them taking total control of the Internet in the name of security is an extremely viable and realistic possibility. That is the point of the thread.

As far as them watching? They invented the tech, I assume they've been packet sniffing since day one.

I'm not sure who invented the tech but I would be willing to bet they invested a metric **** ton of money into it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would dare to say it goes deeper than we can possibly imagine—a war to control the minds of the people. Everything we read on the internet has the possibility of being completely formulated for the express purpose of manipulating readers. What’s real and what isn’t is truly a guessing game but surely the Matrix is indeed reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The DoD did, DARPA AND AARPA. Then universities got involved, then companies. The infrastructure, however, is all Telecoms, at least here in the US. The different languages and formats from various sources.

They tried to destroy it some years back over the issue of piracy. I think they've stepped up their game now.

I wonder how long it will be before blutoothing your favorite song to a friend will be considered an intellectual property act of terror?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

When you say "tech" what exactly do you mean if you don't mind me asking? I know you are not talking about the internet but the things that made computing possible??? It is a little ambiguous and I promise I am not nit picking you, I am actually quite curious I know the list may be long so at the least I'll take a link to reading material that best describes what you mean. I do appreciate this thread though, it is very thought provoking!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The Internet itself is part of it - there are hubs and backbones, organizations that issue IP addresses, and others that translate those numbers to names. When I say "tech" it's all inclusive in the context of this thread - from being able to post on ATS, to watching movies on Amazon, Hulu, Youtube, etc, to my Android phone giving me directions while I drive.

it's all the same machinery - and that mechanism is currently and basically "free" - not in a monetary sense, but in the sense that if you post a blog and send me a link, I can access it. No surcharges, no having to get permission from anyone. The same goes with you posting it.

A good example is Twitter. That is an instant information source that has produced a veritable gold mine of real world, first hand news - true accounts, videotapes of actual events. This flies in the face of those who seek to control the narrative. So how do they make us hate Twitter???

One way would be to have a bunch of "fanatics" take to Twitter to spread hate - so much so that it dilutes everything else and leaves the public wanting the sewage removed - IE the service stopped. Another would be for some event to happen and for the Gov to say that Twitter has violated National Security and is therefore a terrorism risk.

Apply that to any and every aspect of the Internet - right down to your ability to text message the significant other/family/friends etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A good example is Twitter. That is an instant information source that has produced a veritable gold mine of real world, first hand news - true accounts, videotapes of actual events. This flies in the face of those who seek to control the narrative. So how do they make us hate Twitter???

One way would be to have a bunch of "fanatics" take to Twitter to spread hate - so much so that it dilutes everything else and leaves the public wanting the sewage removed - IE the service stopped. Another would be for some event to happen and for the Gov to say that Twitter has violated National Security and is therefore a terrorism risk.

Apply that to any and every aspect of the Internet - right down to your ability to text message the significant other/family/friends etc.

Just yesterday, the mother of the teen that plotted to blow up the capitol was on TV crying her heart out about her son being influenced by Islamic extremists recruiting on social media and calling for something to be done. Hmmmm. It brought tears to my eyes, and for one brief second, I thought "they should put a stop to it". Then, reason took over and I said "no". Educate kids against these thugs, don't try to control social media discussion.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

ah ok spot on Bev. I was a little confused re-reading what you meant Tech but I get what you were saying alot better now thanks for the timely response. Do you think that the next incarnation of the "internet" is going to be accessed the same way or do you think the interconnectivity of this information is going to be pushed by the same "creators" to become more biological in nature with advents like google glass and other "bolt on" devices? I think after they make these part of us then its truly game over, unless we change it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Somewhere SkepticOverlord discussed a model that is being researched... a two tiered system, somewhat influenced by cable TV and cell phone plans.

We, as consumers, would be charged at the same rate ( as one another ) for basic access. But websites would have to pay massive premiums to belong to the top tier, the fast and protected access lane. Those in the "slow lane" would fester as it would take far, far longer for them to load and they would lack all the new bells and whistles the "fast lane" sites would have.

The consumer side of it. Well somebody mentioned AOL earlier, it would be more like that. Like our phones are now - pay for bandwidth with limitations. Also there would be elements like cable television... packages that would allow us to access ONLY sites in our package, or pay a premium to go outside of it. Like Web PPV. Those packages would be price tiered as well.

In short, the Gov and a few companies gain total control AND they get to price fix at whatever level they choose.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was just telling my wife about this last night.
Now a monkey at a computer anywhere in the world can melt down nuclear reactors if they just hit the right keys.
What a load of bollocks we are being sold.
Soon the world will be aflame with 0's and 1's duking it out for control.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I remember reading that, even then I thought the same thing I am thinking now, in order for that to work the way we use this tech would more or less have to remain the same. I forsee in the future people literally becoming part of the net, they have studies now in which a scientist literally connect the internet to neurons and nerves or what ever and in some way was able to use the net like that to accomplish goals in the physical world. It is very likely in my opinion that in order for this total control to occur it will be more then just total control of the net it will also be the control on how it is accessed, through your body, so to speak. I am having a hard time I think explaining what I am trying to say so sorry if I am confusing.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I remember reading that, even then I thought the same thing I am thinking now, in order for that to work the way we use this tech would more or less have to remain the same. I forsee in the future people literally becoming part of the net, they have studies now in which a scientist literally connect the internet to neurons and nerves or what ever and in some way was able to use the net like that to accomplish goals in the physical world. It is very likely in my opinion that in order for this total control to occur it will be more then just total control of the net it will also be the control on how it is accessed, through your body, so to speak. I am having a hard time I think explaining what I am trying to say so sorry if I am confusing.

Brotherman, I don't want to say too much about this in this thread, but, Obama's Brain Initiative has always appeared more to me than they want us to believe. The possibilities boggle the mind.

GOOGLE & OBAMA'S BRAIN INITIATIVE

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That's an interesting post and I read through it twice and the light bulb that went off over my head was to the effect that, well.....

Aren't you kind of saying something a lot like what Alex Jones has been saying, "There's a war on for your mind"?

I wouldn't want to insult you by comparing you or your thought processes to Alex Jones, but...there does seem to be a lot of similarity.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I haven't the first clue what Alex Jones has been saying as I don't watch or listen ( or whatever is the case these days ) to him. But there is a thread that just popped up a minute ago here that seems to address the concepts I've been discussing.

Treated like a terrorist for posting on FB and being questioned by the FBI. Fits the scenario fairly well.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: TonyS

I haven't the first clue what Alex Jones has been saying as I don't watch or listen ( or whatever is the case these days ) to him. But there is a thread that just popped up a minute ago here that seems to address the concepts I've been discussing.

Treated like a terrorist for posting on FB and being questioned by the FBI. Fits the scenario fairly well.

Well, for one thing, that's why I don't "Facebook", (imagine that as a verb).

For my money, the so-called WOT has come a piker all way round. Much like the War on Drugs.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
FTR the thread I listed above has turned out to be a hoax. And that's why I usually don't source other ATS threads. Especially not new ones - but it was there and addressed exactly what I was about to start looking for links to.

So mea culpa on that link.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Them taking total control of the Internet in the name of security is an extremely viable and realistic possibility.

Yes, that's right.

Very soon, we will all host our own credentials or pay someone to host our credentials, but either way we will all be "credentialled-up", and you will be required to have those credentials to operate on the internet (read: networks owned by other people; are you down with NOP? You know me.).

Unless you are a hobbyist, student or scientist, you likely will not have what is now considered a "PC" on a desktop or in a laptop.

Everyone, especially everyone where any type of business is being done, will be using what you might call "cloud devices". These will be in the form that we are used to dealing with, monitors and keyboards at desks, laptops, tablets and phones, but they will be the thinnest of clients, nothing will be on them.

The applications that you are authorized to use will be in "the cloud", many of you will never see a full operating system again (at least not in the grand "Windowsian" sense of the term.). You will access the systems and "apps" that are assigned to you or that you have paid for, probably along with the subscription for your credentials.

That's how real security will work, and Kerberos will control it all.

edit on 15-1-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Nice to see you again old friend!

When you say credentialed do you mean kind of like a drivers license where as with out paying the dmv for your photo ID you are not legal to use a highway, then getting sniped again from insurance with payment rates based on your history type of thing? Or do you mean credentialed as in I went to school got my degree and put in years as a low paid intern to now have the privelage of to access this site because it is required to do my job. In both scenarios everything else is paid for individually like a subscription to sports center HD?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join