It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone want a theocracy?.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: ketsuko

There is no such thing as "less" government.

It is a cancer that grows until it kills it's host.

Right On! No government a council of elders, the truly wise ones to administer the planet.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The 2 that really come to mind out of the 3 Judaic religions are the 2 that aren't fundamental Christians, not that they don't have some rigid ideas themselves politically, but I've known a few fundamental Christians and they valued Democracy.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Does anyone want a theocracy?.

Not me. I'm christian and I absolutely do not. Secular rule of law protects people from religion as well as it protects peoples religious rights. It's common sense and the only smart way to run a country.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

The wisest people on the planet wouldn't dare think they were wise enough to form a council, much less tell anyone else what to do with their own bodies by being on one.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No.

Heck no.... even IF one religion was 'right.'

And as far as a workable, smart government... I'm drawn to the idea of a lottery, like jury duty, where the "winner" serves a few years in govt ... but the pool of prospective people must be submitted by a vetting group, to keep out complete imbeciles, that also serves for a limited time ... so people that WANT to govern, cannot.

People that WANT to govern are, to a one, insane.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

It can't be a limited council, but everyone, councils of citizens, who can unite in every region to fire all corrupt people. Kind of like the first level of government. People need to get organized, and start to grow up into management and not be children. The elite have to disappear, and the people need to learn how to create equality and abundance for all and preserve freedoms.

Currently we don't have the wise running things, and probably never did except in unusual hidden areas that were somewhat remote from the larger populations, so very few eutopia's ever existed on earth. We're run by demons and demons in training, really renegade type psychopathic pathetic and grotesque, it just unbelievable insane elites. We elect them, do business with them, worship them as royalty, do banking with them, and give them incredible income, powers over us, and pensions. I would chain them all to the wall like Spook in the Wizard of Id and send messages on the radios for their ET friends to come and take them all away, myself and just live in horror over what they've done to people, I hold their IOU's, all good people do, all who know what love is, they owe so much big time to all of us, we're on the councils over the heads in the end, deciding how many thousands of years David Rockerfeller and the various bloodlines will have to come back as poor and middle class girls in pink tutos to learn how to love again.

edit on 14-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

You can't call for freedom yet state that a whole group of people bundled into this invisible lump known as "the elite" have to "disappear".

How exactly are you going to make these people disappear?

Who qualifies as an "elite" to you?

If someone doesn't want anything to do with this "council of citizens" and decides to do things their own way, how will those rambunctious individualists be dealt with by this "council of citizens"?

How do you make people grow up into management and not be children if there is a "council of citizens" that is managing, controlling, and making huge numbers of people who belong to unwanted groups "disappear"?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The wisest people on the planet wouldn't dare think they were wise enough to form a council, much less tell anyone else what to do with their own bodies by being on one.

Ok so lets just have pandemonium? A FUNKY pandemonium, peaceful just maybe a little manic on the edges. I like it. FUNKY PANDEMONIUM! THANKYOUFORLETTENMEBEMICESELF will be our anthem. Shout out to ya SLY and the Family Stone!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I don't understand what you are trying to say. If it's some kind of pop culture reference it went over my head.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

As an Ideology I understand and empathize with what you are saying...but the problem when everyone has a say regarding each ideal up for discussion...is that nothing gets done.

The response you made regarding my rather hasty comment regarding similarity between Fundamentalism in religions...of course I realize I made a generalization, however the idea behind fundamentalism, definitely seems to attract a type of person who views life in absolutes and applies his/her absolutes to everyone else and defines them negatively, positively or otherwise.

Fundamentalism in regards religion implies to me a belief that a singular interpretation by a singular person is the only one, there-in lay the infancy of bias and religious bigotry.

I was not implying in any way that fundamentalists are on a whole inherently negative, only that it breeds the very kind of closed views that engender inter-religious conflagration.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I don't understand what you are trying to say. If it's some kind of pop culture reference it went over my head.

//Sorry, really old pop culture. ancient history. I am an anthropologist of ancient pop culture. Its a post Charlie world and I'm still on Soul Train.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-1-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: THE SOOOOOOUL TRAIN!!!!!!!

Check out Rosie Perez!
www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-1-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Rosie Perez Rocks!!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Aren't our laws all based on the Golden Rule? Isn't that rule found in some form amongst every religion that has ever been?
In theory, everything should be according to that rule.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Ha, it's fine. If it makes you feel any better I am not very connected to any pop culture, old or new. I looked up sly and the family stone though and see it's funk.

The more you know...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well, until someone found out that one of them had a religion and that religion informed their conscience when they made decisions and then that offended party would scream theocracy .... and we're right back where we started ...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm sure most members on this site would vote yes if the religion were Ron Paul-ism.

Great guy

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have it! A holographic structure for administration. Each and every person on the planet is connected to a web, a cloud and each has all the civilizations data available at any time so there would be no secrets. Everyone would know the latest discoveries, even though one would pursue ones passion, everyone could lead if necessary.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, until someone found out that one of them had a religion and that religion informed their conscience when they made decisions and then that offended party would scream theocracy .... and we're right back where we started ...

Religion would be outlawed, Nascar would be outlawed. No more country music. The Liberals have taken over, holy sh$t...eat more kale! eat more kale!!
edit on 14-1-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You forgot - NO MORE GUNS ... except for law enforcement, oh wait! They can't have them either. Only the army? No ... that makes them just murderous thugs.

Sticks and Stones for everyone!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Religion would be outlawed, Nascar would be outlawed. No more country music. The Liberals have taken over, holy sh$t...eat more kale! eat more kale!!

Religion isnt the problem, Nascar isnt the problem, country music isnt the problem, well maybe that one is, but the real problem is the fans. Fan is short for fanatic. People that get a little bit too passionate about an "idea". Or a game.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You forgot - NO MORE GUNS ... except for law enforcement, oh wait! They can't have them either. Only the army? No ... that makes them just murderous thugs.

Sticks and Stones for everyone!

Harsh words and angry expressions for everyone.
Letters of disapproval and raising of eyebrows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join