It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Playing With Handgun - Daddy Video Tapes It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That was pretty smart of the police actually the guy is a loser and a danger to society so they might as well get him the most prision time as possible with additional charges.

Barnes was wanted for armed robbery when he attempted to sell a handgun to an undercover officer. He was arrested and charged with resisting law enforcement with a weapon, carrying a handgun without a permit and carrying a handgun without a permit within 500 feet of a school, according to Evansville police. Once investigators found the video of the child playing with the gun, Barnes was charged with child neglect, criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and allowing a child to possess a firearm, police said.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
We don't need to limit access to guns.

It is a right that everyone should have.

Even infants.

Turns out this was found only after the police had already arrested him on armed robbery charges.

Guys like him usually have a long criminal history that would prevent them from accessing guns legally..Which begs the question.

Where did a criminal get his gun?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can't believe how stupid some parents are.

Also to restate some excellent points made and maybe add some more:

-Guns are ALWAYS loaded
-Because guns are always loaded, always point them at the ground and away from people
-Teach children that guns are dangerous and they are not toys

I can't believe the stupidity of this guy. Also where's the mom? Poor little baby, this video made me cringe.

Edit: hear lady now. Cellphone sucks
edit on 13-1-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Why does it matter?

Restricting the Second Amendment is dangerous and takes away from our freedoms. Everyone should be able to own a gun, NO RESTRICTIONS!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I don't see the fascination with guns tbh , do Americans just have guns to protect themselves from people with guns ?
Is it because of fear ?
I know people who hunt who have guns ,
And law enforcement , security firms , army etc , but why the general public ?
I'm from the uk so just don't get it .

It's not because you're "from the UK", as there's been a thriving shooting community here for generations. It's most likely because you don't have any exposure to it outside of the media.

There are plenty of us gun owners in the UK and the majority of us like to spend our weekends making holes in bits of paper from a few hundred yards away. Not fear, not protection, we just enjoy shooting. I'm sure the same holds true on both sides of the pond. Yes, they might also have other considerations like defence, but I bet that a lot of it is just the enjoyment of heading out to the range and shooting targets.

Each to their own. My wife is into "sugarcraft". I just don't get that, either. After all, many more people die in the UK from problems caused by or compounded by poor diet than die from gunshot wounds. That makes sugarcraft far too dangerous in my book.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Realtruth

Quick question. Is the gun loaded?

This time?

Or the next time?

edit on 13-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Growing up I had real guns from probably the age of three.

They were real but had been rendered inert. I still have them. They are all WW2 models one is a german luger. You used to be able to buy them through the mail. There is no possible way to make them work again as far as I know.

It is definitely something that wouldn't fly today and would get kids dead quickly. Back then growing up they were the best, way above the cap guns all the other kids had.

Maybe that is why I am not so freaked out about a unloaded gun(I assume that gun wasn't loaded) as others.

I am glad the guy was arrested for robbery charges and selling to an undercover however the endangerment and neglect charges I find as a PC over reach.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ SCOTUS ruling in Riley v. California that would require a warrant to search the phone, lock or no lock. Hope they had one or inadmissible.

Loaded? Unloaded? many handguns wont fire without the magazine being inserted.. Just saying

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Some people are just stupid, others are equally dumb for defending stupid behavior.

Please keep in mind a 2 year old just killed his own mother with her own gun as she let the kid near her purse which had a loaded gun in it.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why does it matter?

Restricting the Second Amendment is dangerous and takes away from our freedoms. Everyone should be able to own a gun, NO RESTRICTIONS!

Don't think your sarcasm is lost on me.

Restricting the Second Amendment IS dangerous to liberty. Because laws don't prevent criminals from getting guns, as evidenced by this story. Save your lack of critical thinking for someone else.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Why does it matter?

Don't think your sarcasm is lost on me.

Restricting the Second Amendment IS dangerous to liberty. Because laws don't prevent criminals from getting guns, as evidenced by this story. Save your lack of critical thinking for someone else.

So then, why does it matter where he got it?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Because people believe that violating my second amendment rights will prevent that guy from getting guns.

If we actually knew or cared to address HOW criminals ACTUALLY get guns we might be able to do something about that rather than trying to take more liberties from law abiding Americans.
edit on pWed, 14 Jan 2015 17:59:27 -0600201514America/Chicago2015-01-14T17:59:27-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Because people believe that violating my second amendment rights will prevent that guy from getting guns.

If we actually knew or cared to address HOW criminals ACTUALLY get guns we might be able to do something about that rather than trying to take more liberties from law abiding Americans.

But you can't deny him HIS 2nd Amendment rights because you don't like how he uses his gun anymore than I can deny YOU your 2nd Amendment rights because I don't like how you use yours.

The 2nd Amendment is either for everyone or no one. There isn't a middle ground.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have to admit the parents were very stupid. A 12 month old baby is not old enought to know the difference between a loaded gun and an unloaded gun. It's the parents responsibility to teach a child that.

The gun wasn't loaded. You can tell there is no magazine. You can't tell if there is anything in the chamber. And obviously the parents were smart enough to have the safety on otherwise the outcome of this video would have been much different.

Imo the only really disturbing thing about the video is that the father keeps telling her to shoot it and to say "pow pow." Being a parent, I would never let my 12 mo do this. But if for some reason I did I would make damn sure to take every safety precaution there is. Why can't we assume the same for these parents?

No one can say they didn't take the proper precautions because no one knows!

Yes, treat every gun as being loaded, yada yada yada. But Krazysh0t has a point: The gun was not loaded and In the end no harm came to the child.
edit on 14-1-2015 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am not a gun owner and never plan to be one. However, I have family who are expert hunters and have shot a gun at a target under their supervision. First rule they taught me is always assume the gun is loaded, and second rule is never ever point a gun at anyone. My husband does own a gun and he was a sharpshooter in the Coast Guard. I just asked him and he repeated the same thing - always assume a gun is loaded and never point it at another person unless you intend to kill him.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You are being purposefully obtuse and childish.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You are being purposefully obtuse and childish.

And you don't have a counter argument, or you would use that brain of yours to counter my argument instead of attacking me.
edit on 15-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

But you can't deny him HIS 2nd Amendment rights because you don't like how he uses his gun anymore than I can deny YOU your 2nd Amendment rights because I don't like how you use yours.

Sure we can.
We can deny freedom to assemble.
We can deny the right to vote.

Oh.... because the person is a criminal.
Oh... and because of age.

edit on bu312015-01-15T08:14:31-06:0008America/ChicagoThu, 15 Jan 2015 08:14:31 -06008u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Sure we can.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Can you tell me where it states the right to assemble or vote shall not be infringed, I seem to have missed that in the part where it doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Sure we can.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Can you tell me where it states the right to assemble or vote shall not be infringed, I seem to have missed that in the part where it doesn't exist.

Same for abortion. Do you agree that a national law could be passed outlawing abortion, according to your argument?
Do you believe that the framers of the Bill of Rights had in mind to let armed people enter prison to perform their sentence?

Your argument is moot anyway, in regards to the subject of this thread. The father is underage and he is a criminal. The SCOTUS has ruled on these things... and they are the final word in Constitutional questions.
edit on bu312015-01-15T08:28:35-06:0008America/ChicagoThu, 15 Jan 2015 08:28:35 -06008u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join