It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Sympathizers "Hack" U.S. CentCom Social Media Accounts - Claim to have hacked Pentagon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
US Central Command uses Twitter for confidential communication?

Seriously?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
According to the Daily Beast's Nancy Youssef, the Pentagon was at a total "standstill" as staffers watched the messages publish on the hacked pages.

I've confirmed with my contact at InfraGaurd this is very real, and of the most critical importance he's ever seen.

link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Seriously?

Ummm no.

They probably got access to the twitter account when they breached whatever security measures allowed them access to the classified information.

link   

originally posted by: Psynic

No. Updates and public outreach.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I know i know CNN. But has anyone seen the earlier article www.cnn.com... about two hours ago. Seems to me that someone is stirring the pot. And only hours before the "hacking" Strange.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

No. But whomever hacked the account was using it to claim they hacked the Pentagon and posted confidential files with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

No. Their Twitter account was hacked and used as a platform to display/distribute data stolen from other sources. I believe military mobile devices were referenced as sources.

+2 more 
link   
Get ready for enhanced internet security.

Get ready for a huge ground invasion of the Middle East.

The dramatic coincidences are astounding !!!!

The MSM is in control.

link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
According to the Daily Beast's Nancy Youssef, the Pentagon was at a total "standstill" as staffers watched the messages publish on the hacked pages.

I've confirmed with my contact at InfraGaurd this is very real, and of the most critical importance he's ever seen.
The only time I can remember the Pentagon being at a standstill during the 80's movie "WarGames". Or was that NORAD? It's been a while.

The whole mental image of the pentagon just staring, mouth agape, as their accounts leaked information is truly frightening.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here comes some new laws in cyber space.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hacking and displaying via the twitter/utube feeds is merely the tip or the spear.
It's a pawn movement on the chessboard, but black has moved whites pawn, hinting/showing they have control of more than just a few pawns.

It's not a breach, leak.. furby.. it's a gaping hole that has the potential to escalate into the catastrophic.

The gravity of all this, is incomprehensible.

link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

FYI - it looks like the account has been suspended. I have close family that would be directly impacted by this so I will find out what the general reaction / feelings are of those affected by this, and get back to y'all...

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
No amount of laws could have prevented the breach.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I find this totally ridiculous!

Considering the White House is hosting a global meeting on "extremists" while inviting "doctors and school teachers" this is nothing more than propaganda for tyranny to extract more rights from people.

What does having doctors (psychiatrists) and teachers have to do with "Islamic extremists"?

Not to mention the upcoming controls over the internet and "freedom of speech"?

Can they be any more obvious as to their intent?

The writing is on the wall! Read between the lines.......

link   
Wait for the MSM talking heads to roll in the pundits and experts to give an assessment involving Syria, Iran, North Korea and anyone else they currently don't like in a new "Axis of even more evil than the last one" doomsday scenario!

We're all doomed.... DOOMED I TELL YOU!

Edit to Add... how could I have been so remiss as to have missed out the most evil evildoers of all, them pesky Russkies!

edit on 825Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:48:05 -0600483112u15 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

We already have laws to cover this.

Criminals tend not to read laws when committing crimes.

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Not saying it would but we will see changes now.

The government will take advantage of this.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
White House now making statements about how extremists use social media !!!

Ohhhh BOY !!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: thesaneone
No amount of laws could have prevented the breach.

But that won't stop them from pushing new regulations to make the internet "safer".
edit on 12-1-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The US is going to view this as a direct terror threat and action...I would be surprised if this did not push the US into another war, whether with IS or NK/China in the long run. I have a feeling the leaked docs are just the tip of the iceberg.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join