It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhamad Cartoons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: tiremanken
a reply to: Mr Mask

Go back to your cave...freedom of speech in a democracy isn't about ones belief...
it's about freedom to express personal thoughts and views...good or bad.
Respects

To be very clear...rational people do not "draw Mohammed".

Educated people do not draw Mohammed.

And surely- only idiots draw Mohammed.

Why would anyone have to think about it at all?

Meaning, sitting at your desk, you're mind wanders on various subjects and you just start doodling. You're thinking about religion and start drawing leaders.

Why should I have to stop and say: "I can't draw that because of someone else's belief".

That's just stupid.

Respecting a persons belief in no way requires me to follow their belief.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

[

And those idiots get innocent men women and children killed...for what? a broken idea of western freedom. YOU HAVE NO FREEDOM....and if you are indoctrinated by media to draw Mohammed- you also have no freedom of thought.

MM

Reporters and editors in Charlie Hebdo are idiots ? Not educated? Wow! Are you drunk?
All world should draw Mohamed now. Appeasment doesnt work . They will win if we stop drawing.Next will be ban the mini skirts.Im sure you will agree on that too as a rational and educated person.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: screwey
Not sure which forum to post something like this . . .

In light of the horrible terror attacks in Paris the other day,
and finding out that the murderers were aligned with Islam,
and supposedly avenging the disrespect of Muhamad through
cartoons, and the massive Unity March going on now, what
could I do, to make a counter-statement against this type
of extremism . . .

DUH !

Make cartoons depicting Muhamad !

Maybe it's not a great idea, you tell me. I just think if enough
of us do it, to demonstrate the beauty of F R E E D O M,
we could begin to show these terrorists that they cannot win.

And that murdering cartoonists & publishers will only make
them more dispicable in the world's eyes.

If you want to insult the terrorist then make cartoons of the terrorist not Muhammad. It makes no sense to insult the whole religion when you only want to insult a few psychopaths.

ISIS Parody

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
When I see people inciting hatred like this, I really can't see how we can evolve past killing and hatred.

People cry foul at cultures, saying they are back in the stone age because of how they act, and think that western ways are better....then people sit here doing things known to aggravate others.

In my eyes that is no better. How the hell is the world going to move on unless someone tries to set a standard of how to treat each other? Let those who deal with the extremists do their job, and for the others that aren't involved in that, how about treat each other like human beings for a change.

Have some damn manners, it makes you look like an uneducated thugs out to start trouble that you most probably couldn't finish.....and some of the people I've seen doing it lately have quite honestly gobsmacked me.

Almost when your kid does something so bad, you're really disappointed.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Go back to your cave...freedom of speech in a democracy isn't about ones belief...
Respects

Why would anyone have to think about it at all?

Meaning, sitting at your desk, you're mind wanders on various subjects and you just start doodling. You're thinking about religion and start drawing leaders.

Why should I have to stop and say: "I can't draw that because of someone else's belief".

That's just stupid.

Respecting a persons belief in no way requires me to follow their belief.

First- if you draw Mohammed you are not mindlessly doodling. Most Americans didn't know who Mohammed was (or ever seen a depiction of him) until mainstream media shoved it down the mouths of millions of South park fan.

That is a sad fact. MOST Americans didn't know who Mohammed was until an American TV show (during a time of war) indoctrinated us all.

Secondly- Intent should be exposed here. If you are drawing Mohammed and posting it online or anywhere- your intent is to anger men and women who carelessly murder innocent people and have proven time and time again they will do so.

Intent is the problem here. Not freedom. Not rights. Not drawing privileges.

Arguing you have the freedom to draw Mohammed as if its some heroic statement- is like arguing you have the right to draw Swastikas all over the place.

Both are legal until your intent is to provoke hate, disruption and/or extremism.

If the child-like minds of the "majority of Americans" want to think drawing Mohammed is somehow a flag waving affair...that is not a crime. But it is disgusting and stupid. Its a 1000 times more so when its done with intent. A a billion times more so when it time and time again results in the murders of innocent people who would be alive today if some A-hole didn't giggle to his dumb self while drawing Mohammed for kicks.

MM

edit on 11-1-2015 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Wrong!
This is a new age...everyone does not have to agree with the thoughts of others... good or bad, it's about the ability to express their God given right to agree or disagree... without causing harm to their fellow man.
Respect.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I may be an outcast for thinking so-

But in all honesty I think those who draw Mohammed should be legally seen as suspects in the resulting murders.

The drawing of Mohammed is a weapon just as any other used to take lives.

Those who do it know exactly the risks involved. No, it isn't a gun or knife- but its clear that it kills people.

The word "fire" is not a crime. But yelling it in a theater is. Why? Cus it will most likely end in injury or death.

Drawing Mohammed is much worse than yelling fire in a theater.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Respects

And those idiots get innocent men women and children killed...for what? a broken idea of western freedom. YOU HAVE NO FREEDOM....and if you are indoctrinated by media to draw Mohammed- you also have no freedom of thought.

MM

I agree, and I think we should take it further.... Ban women from education, eliminate their right to vote, mandate that they cannot drive a vehicle, and can be stoned to death for adultery. The only permissions given them are those granted by their husbands.

We also MUST make it a capitol crime to portray the prophet in any slanderous, satirical, or parody ways. A crime punishable by death.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Wrong!
This is a new age...everyone does not have to agree with the thoughts of others... good or bad, it's about the ability to express their God given right to agree or disagree... without causing harm to their fellow man.
Respect.

Stomping your feet and shouting "wrong" don't change anything.

Its stupid to draw Mohammed and it has resulted in murders time and time again.

This is not a "new age". Only zealots and lofty types say such things.

This is humans.

Nothing more.

Provoke the wrong ones and you may die.

And if you are going to die over "freedoms" you defend...I sure hope they are bigger ones than "I want to draw cartoons that get people killed".

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Respects

MM

I agree, and I think we should take it further.... Ban women from education, eliminate their right to vote, mandate that they cannot drive a vehicle, and can be stoned to death for adultery. The only permissions given them are those granted by their husbands.

We also MUST make it a capitol crime to portray the prophet in any slanderous, satirical, or parody ways. A crime punishable by death.

I see many people taking this to a debate of supporting or not supporting Muslim religion or radical activities.

This is about "drawing Mohammed".

Not how you feel about any "free man's beliefs". And nobody is defending the actions of the murderous types who kill over cartoons.

This is about "what is stupid and what is not stupid".

It is stupid to draw Mohammed. And anyone who can't figure that out- has been programmed to be stupid.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: screwey
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

LOL

star

You know what, I think I will. Any ideas on how to depict him?

And could anyone besides the site administrators/owners trace
my identity?

I guess so.

Perhaps if I do a cartoon, I could somehow anonymously have it
given out, you know- like people putting out flyers.

This subject is already being debated on the news, so why not.

So that is protest and freedom?

Drawing Mohammed as long as nobody knows who did it?

Ya...you seem very concerned with freedom.

Hide while you bat the bee hive.

For freedom...

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The saying that the pen is mighter than the sword is proof that some results of the pen cause damage.

CX

link   
I wonder if things would change if we couldn't hide behind avatars and usernames?

Don't say something to someone on the net that you wouldn't to their face, I try to live by that one.

Amazing how much bravery and stupidity is bred from behind a keyboard.

Seriously, how many would do it outside their four walls now that we've see what can happen to people who do?

CX.

link   

Programmed to be stupid?... wow, that was an unexpected good laugh. Thank you.

As for the rest, meh whatever dude.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Friend, I would never insult another...I believe the right to express an opinion is sacred. It's dialog... that's how we as a part of the evolution the human species advances...
Once again,
Respect

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That is a sad fact. MOST Americans didn't know who Mohammed was until an American TV show (during a time of war) indoctrinated us all.

Who the hell are you to determine what an America thinks about or doesn't.

Religion has ALWAYS been a subject for discussion. Even before any electronic mediia.

If you are drawing Mohammed and posting it online or anywhere- your intent is to anger men and women who carelessly murder innocent people and have proven time and time again they will do so.

Intent is the problem here. Not freedom. Not rights. Not drawing privileges.

No. Expressing my thoughts through illustration is exactly that ---- expressing my thoughts.

I am not, in any way, required to deny my expression because of someone else's religious belief. Period!

In America white supremists have the right to express their thoughts. Yes they have the right to draw cartoons and use Swastikas.

Responding to what is deemed offensive material is where the full responsibility lies. Not on the person expressing it ------ unless they cross the line of personal threat.

The Mohammed cartoons did not cross any line of personal threat.

edit on 11-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We can't be good to one another on a simple forum and you think the world can? We're so screwed.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Responding to what is deemed offensive material is where the full responsibility lies. Not on the person expressing it ------ unless they cross the line of personal threat.

The Mohammed cartoons did not cross any line of personal threat.

If you do not know what depicting Mohammed "in any way" means to countless believers- and the harshness of such an act in their eyes, than you surely are typical of a young American learning of Mohammed through South Park.

"Drawing, painting, sculpting, depicting" Mohammed in any way- even politely with respect to the man- is a huge slap in the face to countless believers.

If you knew about the religion you would know that drawing Mohammed is asking for hate and death.

Do you have the right to act like a savage, conflict stirring individual for kicks? You sure do.

Is it stupid? It sure is.

End of story.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Interesting thread: Maybe it isn't about the cartoons

Makes sense, and the business of cartoons have been around forever some on here.
facesofmohammed.ip0.eu...

There are millions of cartoons showing Jesus, God, the Pope and others in comical or degrading ways and I can't see why anyone would care, the people who chose to make them or chose to look at them isn't that between them and their god. No one asked to be revenged infact that is clearly the wrong course for anyones religion, they would essentially be saying god needs their protection, how silly.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The Nazis' way was accepted much the same way...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join