It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite explosion over Romania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted. Please delete if so.

Not as big as the Russian one in 2013, but still one of those "bullets" that come from nowhere and may hit us on the back some day...

www.liveleak.com...

Meteorite turns night into day over Bucharest, Romania

mashable.com...

A meteorite has disintegrated over Bucharest, the capital of Romania, early Wednesday, blazing through the sky and briefly lighting up the city in the wee hours of the morning. The event, which occurred at approximately 3:05:57 a.m. local time, was caught on several security cameras throughout the city, such as the rooftop cam from surveillance company

edit on 8-1-2015 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicDude

Probably the size of a grapefruit. But its fun to pretend. Now kiddies, don't run to the window when you see the flash…

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Nicely caught CosmicDude!

Have there been any reports of audible explosion sounds? I remember when I saw my first shooting star, during an evening spent in a friends back yard many moons ago. I remember being awestruck by the fact that these things were whizzing around out there, at incredible speed. I had always known that these things happened, ever since I was a little boy, and fascinated by science documentary programs.

To see video of THESE sorts of events though, is something else entirely. The awesome power released by these things, enough to turn night to day for a second or so, is just breathtaking, and while many might merely breathe a sigh of relief when these things fail to do damage, I exhale excitement, and with my next breath am merely in awe.

I reason thusly:

Fearing that which I can do nothing to protect myself from, will only prevent me from experiencing awe, and being humbled by the power bound up in the merest motes of which this universe is made, is a delicious feeling, one which I would not readily give up!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit...Don`t know about audible explosion sounds reports.

Now just imagine this was Rosetta`s size....

edit on 8-1-2015 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Yes... That would be one of those objects which would NOT explode prior to impact! Such proximity would however allow for much more detailed observation of its topography... Until the devastating blastwave and resulting apocalyptic circumstances set in of course!

top topics

join