It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 dead in police-involved shooting at Port Columbus Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Authorities in Columbus, Ohio responded Wednesday to a deadly shooting on the second floor of the Port Columbus Airport, MyFox28Columbus.com reported.

The report said one suspect was killed in the police-involved shooting. The second floor departure is closed, but the airport remains open and flights are operating normally. There were no reports of other injuries.

1 dead in police-involved shooting at Port Columbus Airport

Looks like this is the latest in shootings around the US. I can only guess it was a disgruntled employee but guess we will have to wait for more to hit the news....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here is another article on it...

www.dispatch.com...

From the reports I can't find anything about the person shot being armed or having killed anyone else. The report linked above states that a car was somehow involved.

David Whitaker, vice president of business development and communications at Port Columbus, said the confrontation may have involved a vehicle, which is being searched by the Columbus Fire Division bomb squad as a precaution.

The Concourse C checkpoint is closed temporarily.

Whitaker gave this account of what happened: About 1 p.m., officers were called to the terminal entrance at the north end of the departures level on a report of a disturbance. A confrontation with a man there resulted in an officer shooting and killing the man.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So far, 2015 isn't off to a great start. I really believe the whole world is at war with itself.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
www.dispatch.com...

Big update just put out. Sounds like dude got into a fight with two cops who used non lethal means to try and stop him, then ended up shooting him because he kept reaching or pointing to his waist. They shot him twice, he got back up and kept advancing and reaching, cops kept backing up and then a third officer arrived and put dude down.

All according to a witness anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
sounds like a possible case of the zombies to me. And no I am not trolling damnit. I have not forgotten Miami and never will. And EternalSolace, dont be such a downer on yourself. Many great things are happening right now in your own community that easily overshadow this daily nonsense. Jut go look for it instead of what sells easy from DinoMedia, because what sells easy can be depressing to many.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
www.dispatch.com...

Big update just put out. Sounds like dude got into a fight with two cops who used non lethal means to try and stop him, then ended up shooting him because he kept reaching or pointing to his waist. They shot him twice, he got back up and kept advancing and reaching, cops kept backing up and then a third officer arrived and put dude down.

All according to a witness anyway.

Whoa..that is quite the crazy encounter. Dude gets hit twice and gets up and keeps coming AND had multiple knives on him?

Good on the officers!

new topics

top topics

join