It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Bernie Sanders Seeks Trade Deal Details

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was born and raised in Vermont and live here to this day - have been a fan of Sanders since I was a teen (a very naïve teen at that - naïve but still with good intentions). Growing older I have only become a bigger fan of Bernie and what he represents - the true American people who care about their country and their communities.

This "trade deal" is sketchy and anyone who buys into the idea that this will help our country must not understand how the agitprop is effectively brainwashing the public into submissive, powerless imbeciles. NO to the TPP!!! This thing cannot go through, ESPECIALLY if the public hasn't even been given the opportunity to find out what is actually in it! Freedom of information - these criminal SOBs are supposed to be representing the people and making decisions for the better good of everyone - not for their own bank accounts and corporate sponsors. HELL NO a reply to: AlaskanDad

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: mOjOm

Like I suggested to AlaskanDad, let's go through what we know about.

What's your biggest objection?

There's dozens, but what is the most dangerous iyo.

In my opinion I think the worst part of it is actually where it allows Multinational Corps. to actually sue Governments for lost profits. Allowing that makes Corporations sovereign over nations and when you consider the size of some of these corps. and the money and power they have it spells trouble. Some of these Corps. literally have more economic power than many countries and could possible sue a sovereign nation into instant slavery. We may actually get to see some small country become the first McNation of debt slaves for choosing not to do business with some huge multinational corporation.

Consider how far Monsanto has already gone in forcing and coercing Mexico into using it's modified seeds. If this passes there would be no way of choosing against it, they would force you to use their product or sue the government for lost revenue and just bankrupt you in to the dark ages.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I agree that's an issue. Possibly a big issue along with some internet language.

I'm looking for that in the links I provided from the gov site.

Can you quote any of that from reliable sources?

Let's do it for Bernie !!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I agree that's an issue. Possibly a big issue along with some internet language.

I'm looking for that in the links I provided from the gov site.

Can you quote any of that from reliable sources?

Let's do it for Bernie !!

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
The EFF and other groups are also fighting against the TPP:

EFF joins 47 other civil society groups and experts from around the world to call on trade ministers of countries negotiating the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) to publish the current draft of the agreement, as well as all nations' negotiating positions. The TPP has been negotiated in secret for the last five years. But we know from several leaks of its Intellectual Property chapter that it contains various provisions that pose wide-ranging threats to users' rights to free speech and privacy online.

source

So are you claiming that the EFF is not a reliable Source?

from xuechen Don't depend on phony politicians.

or the EFF is or are phony politicians?

This is as bad as when they, the US of A's politicians passed O'bummer care without even reading it, imho.

edit on 8-1-2015 by AlaskanDad because: sp correction

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
90°

I guess I'll do this myself.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well like the mentally deranged basket case Nancy Pelosi once said, they need to pass it in order to find out what is in it. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join