It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

no ,proffer it up as an explaination to why the thing is of varying material's to the centre
youve read the body of text , what nuggets of info do you digest ?

to me it reads 95% fluff of repeated non relevant information

funbox

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

ill have a look in a bout 30 mins

*placeholders*

funbox

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

ill have a look in a bout 30 mins
*placeholders*
funbox

Don't bother if it is not easy to hand I will search the thread again eventually, you put it up not long ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Was just about to point that one out! It jumped out at me the second I laid eyes on the picture.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

image libarys getting big , i might put all the mars pics in the public section ..

one of these ?

funbox

edit on 11-7-2015 by funbox because: pic errors

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

no ,proffer it up as an explaination to why the thing is of varying material's to the centre
youve read the body of text , what nuggets of info do you digest ?

Maybe because they do not really know why.

to me it reads 95% fluff of repeated non relevant information

They said the main components of the rock and a possible way for their presence, what more do you want?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

very similar localised segmentation with a toothy appearance

is there something specific your red arrows pointing out , something around where a potential Philtrum would be ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Maybe because they do not really know why.

nothing wrong with them typing that either

They said the main components of the rock and a possible way for their presence, what more do you want?

interesting to think that one of the most interesting things they've found so far has such little said about it,

more?
hmm let me see

funbox

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

nothing wrong with them typing that either

They're human, they don't like to admit their ignorance.

interesting to think that one of the most interesting things they've found so far has such little said about it,

One of the most interesting things? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

even if it was a geode ?

ide bet you would be happy with a find like that

finding something rock like yet hollow must be of interest from a geological point of view too , are they regularly found on the *mars*surface/ bottom of old lakes on earth?

funbox

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

even if it was a geode ?

finding something rock like yet hollow must be of interest from a geological point of view too , are they regularly found on the *mars*surface/ bottom of old lakes on earth?

funbox

edit on 11-7-2015 by funbox because: double trouble

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

even if it was a geode ?
That would be cool. But other than that, so what?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

hence the question .. whats type of environments do geode's develop in ? would this potential Geode be indicative to what's happening/ happened to Mars's surface .. dont tell me you wouldnt blink an eye if we where to start seeing stalagmites on the surface ?

funbox

edit on 11-7-2015 by funbox because: keyboard conundrum

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

whats type of environments do geode's develop in

Geodes (Greek γεώδης - ge-ōdēs, "earthlike") are geological secondary structures which occur in certain sedimentary and volcanic rocks. They are themselves of sedimentary origin formed by chemical precipitation. Geodes are essentially hollow, vaguely spheroid to oblate masses of mineral matter that form via either of two processes:

by the filling of vesicles (gas bubbles) in volcanic to sub-volcanic rocks by minerals deposited from hydrothermal fluids or
by the dissolution of sedimentary nodules or concretions (that were deposited syngenetically within the rock formations in which they are found) and partial filling by the same or other minerals precipitated from diagenetic water, groundwater or hydrothermal fluids.

en.wikipedia.org...
We know the area in which the MSL now abides has many sedimentary features. A geode would be interesting because they are cool but probably not very surprising.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

even if it was a geode ?

Yes.

I would, but I am happy with almost any kind of rock, that's why I brought home a cobble stone from each one of the types they use (granite, basalt and black limestone), except the most common limestone.

Some geodes are made in the conditions that are supposed to have been present some thousands of years ago on that place, a sedimentary area with water.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

cheers for the links .. but Nasa have not yet said that its a geode , is there anything found within the chemical analysis the excludes it from being a geode in your opin

funbox

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

i wonder how many broken ankles there's been because of your shinanigans ?

Some geodes are made in the conditions that are supposed to have been present some thousands of years ago on that place, a sedimentary area with water.

so there formation is not effected by the daily tempreture inversions then ? or does it help along the path to crystalization ?

funbox

edit on 11-7-2015 by funbox because: wolves steel the cobblestones , and go on a smash and grab

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

but Nasa have not yet said that its a geode
I didn't say they did. You seem to have suggest it though.

is there anything found within the chemical analysis the excludes it from being a geode in your opin
What chemical analysis would that be?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

they drilled into it didnt they ?

Examination of Pinnacle Island revealed high levels of elements such as manganese and sulfur, suggesting these water-soluble ingredients were concentrated in the rock by the action of water

or where they just guessing from the colour ?

i mean if these holes on *insertname* arnt drill holes

then its starts to lose it appearance of a geode to me , thats if its not a clam shell of course

funbox

edit on 11-7-2015 by funbox because: added txt pic ,tadd of wolf hair... of hag , lotus flower , a smidgin of salt

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join