It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

To me it looks like you are looking at a very small version of the original photo, and with too much compression.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

To me it looks like you are looking at a very small version of the original photo, and with too much compression.

Yes probably so, and of course it could be just "rocks"

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Definitely yes.

(click for full size)

edit on 30/6/2015 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes much more rock like seeing it like that, it loses that apron look it had also. Thanks for the better picture.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

all seems very familiar, upper dentures , seems to have the shape , seperations and general look ,shadow too

akin to last years gnashers maybe

toothy

funbox

edit on 30-6-2015 by funbox because: petrified wolfen tracks

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Yes I recall that great find, perfect set chompers!
Love that circle shadow!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

may there be many more , especially since mahli cam seems to have had a image upgrade

the dewberrys in this ,almost look ripe enough for squeezing

files.abovetopsecret.com...

*jumpsol*1031

funbox
edit on 2-7-2015 by funbox because: www.www.wolf

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Wow nice change of pace, with 17 cameras I suppose some should give a sharp picture! Love the colors so earthish.

Here you go someones missing ring and key

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 2-7-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

layers ! nice one CharLee

i see it , maybe its one of mr Shifts infintly shaped bottom dwellers

LAyers !!

funbox

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Clonevandal

did you notice another of MrShift's infinity lifeforms on the lower rigtht of the picture ?

funbox

edit on 3-7-2015 by funbox because: wolves circle to swallow thier own tails

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clonevandal

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Very nice picture, much better! I am missing my illusion though...could be a gold nugget i am seeing in there plus a few " infinity lifeforms"

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

the only illusion i see are in NASA@S pitiful attempt at justifying a blue sky.

This mosaic of images from the Mast Camera (Mastcam) on NASA's Mars rover Curiosity shows Mount Sharp in a white-balanced color adjustment that makes the sky look overly blue but shows the terrain as if under Earth-like lighting. White-balancing helps scientists recognize rock materials based on their experience looking at rocks on Earth. The Martian sky would look more of a butterscotch color to the human eye. White balancing yields an overly blue hue in images that have very little blue information, such as Martian landscapes, because the white balancing tends to overcompensate for the low inherent blue content.

mars.nasa.gov...

shocking really, like there'si bias or overcompensation in white balancing . any other gf designers , videographers wincing at this ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clonevandal

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Awesome example of an electrical discharge event. Quartz veins are formed by way of lightning within the rock, and the same applies to quartz veins on Earth. Also there are the tiny rounded pebbles seen in this image:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Those are not embedded in the rock and becoming exposed by some erosion, but are formed instantly in the same discharge that shattered the rock and formed the quartz veins.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
shocking really, like there'si bias or overcompensation in white balancing . any other gf designers , videographers wincing at this ?

Not shocking, it depends on how the white balancing is done.

It's not surprising that the sky looks brownish on Mars, as the same thing happens on Earth when there's dust in the air.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
StoneSnailtrail?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

its an insult , manual white balancing can be done from the rover itself..*rgbwheel/ rovers color* , once that is applied to a picture the true spectrum is revealed , you must have done a multitude of picture's already ArMaP , you know what color the sky is , remember the field of blue deberry's from last year , like a whole plantation , and what was the color of the sky then when balanced ?...

NASA explaination ...lack of blue in picture. causes the sky and dewberrys to turn blue.

I wonder what India uses for excuses,

funbox

edit on 4-7-2015 by funbox because: blue wolves get uttered green ,because they dont have enough green in them,

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

its an insult , manual white balancing can be done from the rover itself..*rgbwheel/ rovers color* , once that is applied to a picture the true spectrum is revealed , you must have done a multitude of picture's already ArMaP , you know what color the sky is , remember the field of blue deberry's from last year , like a whole plantation , and what was the color of the sky then when balanced ?...

I know that, I have posted many Mars photos, some white balanced in a kind of "colour stretching" way, others by using the colour charts on the rovers, and on those the sky is either whitish or blueish.

NASA explaination ...lack of blue in picture. causes the sky and dewberrys to turn blue.

That's why I said "it depends", I have seen people using the white point dropper tool on Photoshop to do the white balancing, and if they choose an area that doesn't have a neutral colour it will not result in a real white point, making the image look more of a certain tint, according to the colour chosen as "white point".

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

im sure those at the shop before website , know how to correctly balance the images, it just seems weak to me , why cant they just admit the sky has a blue hue

do they not use the tools on the rover to gain this accuracy?

ide bet we could get more blue sky pictures, than butterscotch ones...
the half lie doesnt sit sweet with me

couple all this with the lack of data in regards to the humidity and windspeeds from the rover,

not smell off to you much ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

im sure those at the shop before website , know how to correctly balance the images, it just seems weak to me , why cant they just admit the sky has a blue hue

Why do you say that do not admit it?

Color of sky without dust

do they not use the tools on the rover to gain this accuracy?

I don't think they photograph the colour target every day, so on the days for which they do not have photos of the target they should not use it.

ide bet we could get more blue sky pictures, than butterscotch ones...
the half lie doesnt sit sweet with me

What half is a lie?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join