It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grand Plan or Astrological Ages and the First Point of Aries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
See www.abovetopsecret.com... for more. Using this system, Earth entered the Age of Aquarius in 1940.

The above strikeout should instead read Age of Taurus, since it relies on a system of progression rather than precession. Apparently the Greatest Conjunctions progress instead of precess and they move about twice as fast, meaning that according to what I refer to as 'the Biblical progression of ages', we actually entered the Age of Taurus in 1940 and are due for entering the Age of Gemini in 2913. Confusing enough for ya?
edit on 4-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: strikeout

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I was too late for the editing time-out to update the zodiac pic. This one has added Right Ascension for the constellation borders and full duration measured in days. Click the thumbnail below for full size picture:

edit on 4-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: updated pic + typo

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

As you can see in the picture above, astrology hasn't been able to adjust for the precession of the equinox, or said differently, they have followed the Gregorian calendar, not the sky, and our calendar is adjusted against the tropical year or the time it takes the Sun from one vernal equinox to the next, compared to the sidereal year, which is the time it takes the Sun to reach the same spot in the sky.

I would expect astrology to follow the sidereal year, but they haven't, so while the spring equinox has moved 28 arc degrees into Pisces towards Aquarius over the past 2000 years since the Greeks made their zodiac-- astrology hasn't updated the dates for the signs, they seem to have been ignorant towards the precession. The First Point of Aries 2000 years ago was as the name says placed where Aries and Pisces meet at Right Ascension 28°, that's nearly a full house.

Pisces should be the first sign of the zodiac these days, not the last. First Point of Aries should rather be the First Point of Pisces, for over the last 2000 years RA 0° has moved nearly a full house of 30° to adjust for equinocturnal or axial precession. But astrology as we know it is more concerned with social structures and the shifting seasons, and the astro part or the part about the stars is just for show, and in order to have some system of predictable randomness for pulling the right rabbit out of the hat at the right time, could just as well be cards, runes or chicken bones. It's not about the stars at all to mainstream social astrology. Then again, that's not the kind of astrology I am looking for. I am rather looking for subliminal references of time and place, hidden in art, architecture, history and literature.
edit on 5-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ....

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
According to Wikipedia the sidereal year (SI) is « 20 min 24.5128 s longer than the mean tropical year at J2000.0. » Now according to my calculations that adds 0.01417260185 days to each year due to axial precession, meaning that in 1000 years the Sun (and thereby the FPA) has moved 14.17260185 days westwards at vernal equinox and in 2000 years we are up at 28.3452037 days, meaning it will take 2116.760233 years to get to 30 days. That's pretty close to the Pythagorean 2160 years, just 45 years short 30 sidereal days, however, there is a little more than 30 SI days in an "SI month" or 1/12th os a sidreal year, so I guess it equals out if all is considered.
edit on 5-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Nice... Coming from a "newspaper Gemini' it only made sense when I started reading the Taurus horoscopes.. Why do You think this differs? Was it done by 'TPTB' circa 0002? When the horoscope was One of the leading forecasters? Like the Sphinx, when everyBody is running towards where the Sphinx is pointed, I'll go "the other way"...

Thanks for the graph.

namaste

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
everyBody is running towards where the Sphinx is pointed, I'll go "the other way"...

Hehe, I don't wanna know what you'd be looking for among the hind parts of the big lion, man

a reply to: JimNasium

Well, I don't really believe in astrology, so I can't really tell. I see newspaper-astrology as speculative at best-- mass suggestion and statistical play with arch-types and social classes and gullible people's predictable expectations. Astrology only seems to fit when they align the signs with the seasons, which are mostly the way they are due to an axial tilt of about 23°and the solstices and equinoxes is like a wheel with four spokes spokes shaped like a cross, or a gear that rolls along the backdrop of stars mimicing the axis mundi' circular wobble movement making one turn around Draco in about 26 000 years. Now in January we are actually closer to the Sun than in July, but because of axial tilt the Sun spends more time under the horizon than above it. In Australia however, this is summer.

Anyway, astrology, even though astro- is part of its name, it has nothing to do with stars at all. I suppose it has some sensible models for social arch types and such, but apart from that, like I said earlier on here, I am in it for the date-stamps hidden in plain sight.
edit on 5-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join