It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funk and Flowers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm bored and not feeling well today. So excuse my excessive activity on this site today.

As an over consumer of chemicals, I slowly started the detox of chemicals last year. This year I am going to go completely off of known chemicals. I say known because I believe they put chemicals in just about everything!

One of my biggest things was going off of using deodorant. Up until the past couple of months, I had been a chronic... ok MASSIVE sweater! I changed my shirts a few times a day. Put tissues under my arms, tried just about every prescription and non prescription deodorant out there. NOTHING HELPED. And the scents mixed with BO.... funk and flowers. Not a good smell. I decided that I would rather smell like funk, than funk and flowers. At least I could tame my own smell.
Last summer I gave up. I threw out all of my deodorants and decided to shower twice a day if I needed to. I'm not going to lie, the first couple months were pretty rough. Which is probably why most people don't continue on their quest to go deodorant free. But I pushed forward. I started using apple cider vinegar and it really helped keep everything in check. Fast forward to now. I no longer sweat excessively and I can get through an intense workout and a morning of intense traffic and not have BO. It's awesome!!

What I find even more interesting is that I do have BO when I am having a stressful moment. It is a unique scent and once I smell it, it's almost a cue that I need to chill out for a minute.

So coming to these conclusions about my own self has made me wonder what else is prohibiting myself from my own self! What instincts, etc are being covered up by my lifestyle.

Bye bye Church's Chicken. I already shop organic, but do divulge in fast food often because of my schedule. And seriously? What's better than fried chicken and hot sauce?! Sigh.
I'm changing my cosmetics and will not be coloring my hair. Not even with the stuff they sell at the natural grocery stores. I am going to try natural, from-the-earth alternatives to everything.
That is my goal for this new year.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good for you!

I gave up deodorant many years ago and though I don't sweat much I did notice also that I smelt different when I was stressed. Now I can smell if I am going to get a cold even, just subtle changes picked up intuitively. I also think, or might be imagining it, but without the chemical cover up, I can smell other people's illness.

Also stopped using tampons and pads fifteen years ago because I read about the chemical bleaching process leaving bleach residue and nah, not for me... too close for comfort, lol. I just wear two pairs of black long johns or yoga pants under my jeans and change often. Nobody has ever noticed though it is a bit overheating in the summer.

Best thing is you save a ton of money when you ditch the products. Happy new year!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Theres a product called smelly-no-more its a natural mineral deoderant that works far better and lasts longer than all the other deoderants .. they sell in shops over here and also online ..

join