It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France sees 12-per-cent dip in cars set on fire on New Year’s Eve

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Bluesma

I have noticed that about their populations in France as well. And also about how the Left seems to hate White people having any rights whatsoever.

Well, they have a strong memory of their experience with the Nazi's. There is a deep, and often hidden collective guilt over the way the Vichy government collaborated with them at first, and actually helped them exterminate a huge part of the population of jews.

The events of the Vel D'Hiv, for example, is a huge source of shame. I once asked around at my work what people thought of that. Out of ten people I asked, NO ONE had ever heard of it! But they were young people, 30 and under.
But their parents live with the knowledge that racism once infected their own society and caused them to do horrible things. It is only my opinion, but I think this is a major influence in what is happening now.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Doing something wrong in the past doesn't make something wrong in the present right.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
oh poor poor France. They have no idea how to subvert and assimilate the immigrants subsequent generations into your own culture. America does it quite well. But then again I bet we burned just as many cars around the country in a similar fashion it just had nothing to with any organized movement. I can imagine how many heaping piles of old vehicles in this state alone were used for good ol target practice an a light show in an empty field. Better than a fireworks show at a stadium I tell yous.

Learn how to market to each demographic in their region and bombard them with media from birth 24/7. That should do the trick. Historically violent crime is down in the States compared to past decades. I am certain this has to do with everyone being able to have entertainment literally in their hands or in front of their face sitting down anywhere they want and whatever they want to see,hear, or read. As a result our young folk just aint so antsy to make it a tradition and go burn cars for sport. Not to mention actually we has a police force with a set of balls and the loyalty to each other to back it up.

Hey France send us some of them immigrants, if they cant sell drugs with the Mexicans, we will just let them make low cost goods in prison for government procurement haha.
edit on 1/5/2015 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Oh, I absolutely agree!

I do not explain this as an "excuse", but rather an "explanation".

We all know that even as individuals, we can sometimes do the wrong thing, because we are caught up in negative memories of a past experience, and afraid of it re-occuring. That doesn't make this right. But understanding all the parts of a problem is often a good idea in looking for solutions. I am here, in the midst- so solutions and responses matter to me. I can understand that for others far away, that has no importance though.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
oh poor poor France. They have no idea how to subvert and assimilate the immigrants subsequent generations into your own culture. America does it quite well.

Is that why parts of America you can't speak English anymore?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

It don't think it would work. You see, all this available to them here too. They have all the iPhones, and pads, we even pay for them to have satelite dishes to receive from all over the world (under the reason that they can keep in touch with their homeland that way).

Yet, they have a culture that is vastly different. Go by any HLM (state funded housing complexes) and you see all the arabs outside in groups (women on one side, men in the other) of all ages, talking. They have a very social culture, which puts huge value on personal interaction, and solidarity, above individualism and independence.
I doubt that they would be as easily separated and dispersed (therefore dominated) by the american media.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It's something that will take generations to combat, and the problem is France does not seem willing to combat it, they are happy to let the problem get worse.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

It's something that will take generations to combat, and the problem is France does not seem willing to combat it, they are happy to let the problem get worse.

Maybe. I am not totally sure of that yet. We have a generational gap on each side- I mean, we've got the elders who have been in charge, who have memories of that shameful past, and afraid of that "slippery slope" (we all know those arguments- they exist in many areas, even in our country- like -letting in any social security is a "slippery slope heading straight into communism" type of fear).

But then you have the next generation, coming into their 50's and to be the next position of power, which doesn't have much memory of that time, doesn't feel the guilt nor fear of slipping into dangerous waters of racism, and is absolutely fed up. While their parents were letting all this slip by, they've been the ones getting their car burned up, their kids beat up, their shops robbed, etc. -Usually as they were young parents, as we were. (our house was actually bombed twice with homemade bombs, we had rocks thrown at us, as well as regular vandalism- you can imagine, parents of young children and how furiously defensive this can make them).

This is the worry about the rise of the Front National- which has supported the idea of simply pulling up all these immigrants and shipping them out. You've got a mad generation rising, that is threatening to do EXACTLY what their elders are most afraid of!

I personally think we are heading into a serious civil war, and some french authors insist it is already well underway.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I don't know if I would say civil war, but something milder.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Maybe. But I'll tell ya, we are not the only family stocking up on firearms and ammo right now.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Maybe. But I'll tell ya, we are not the only family stocking up on firearms and ammo right now.

Part of me thinks what you are saying is happening is necessary and it's better to happen sooner than later, and part of me hopes it doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't think anything is necessary, and have a hard time keeping interest in concepts concerning what "should" be.... I repeatedly find myself focusing back on what "is" - the state of things, now, realistically.
The state of things now indicate that the potential for such events is growing at such a rapid rate it is reasonable to prepare oneself now.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Well that is similar to what I was saying. You see what IS, and you see what it CAN be. If things continue the way they are, action of some sort may be necessary.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh, then, Yeah. Exactly.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I will keep you French in my thoughts and prayers. As much as we Americans love to tease the French, I see it as 2 siblings fighting, but when push comes to shove, they stick together.

Without the French there is no America probably. And without America the French could have fallen under the Iron Curtain. We are strongest together.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well clearly if they have all those things in France what the country is missing is a Law Enforcement culture with balls. I think the world already has seen how America's LEA's deal with civil unrest. Thats why it barely happens. This fall - winter 2014 thing was a hiccup, and was actually manufactured to draw attention away from some of the financial legislation that passed under the radar (your deposits or no longer guaranteed to you anymore btw) as well as some of the foreign policy events which have kinda just been put on the back of everyone mind again. Its a new year and by Spring break, it wont even be mainstream anymore. We will be focusing on who knows what new feel good story of another transgender minor, the latest youtube videos to go viral, and the continuing fight to make pot legal everywhere.

As long as the never ending stream of new content keeps flowing, and the cops keep their balls, it will be business as usual here in the States again pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I will bet the 12% drop in the fire bombings of cars... can be accounted for by the number of Muslims living in Europe & France who have volunteered to go fight with ISIS in Syria-Iraq

~ a simple correlation my friend...
edit on th31142045417905362015 by St Udio because: ??

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

oh you know what, that actually could be a logical conclusion to draw. Would just have to fund a program for their customs agents to see who left from those communities into the heart of the conflict zones or made connections that ended up there. They probably already figured this out though and just felt it better to keep to themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

It's not just France! But you are correct. This "tradition" sits with youth immigrants, not the indigenous French.

Pierre-Henry Brandet, spokesperson for the Interior Ministry told French broadcaster BFM-TV that the car burning was most frequent in eastern France, as well as in the suburbs of Paris, particularly in the banlieues (ghettos) of Seine-Saint-Denis, which were the epicentre of riots protesting police brutality in 2005 resulting in the torching of more than 10,000 cars.

Source

In October and November of 2005, a series of riots by mainly Arab, North African, and black French second-generation immigrants occurred in the suburbs of Paris and other French cities,[1][2] involving mainly the burning of cars and public buildings at night, starting on 27 October 2005 in Clichy-sous-Bois.

Source

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
I will bet the 12% drop in the fire bombings of cars... can be accounted for by the number of Muslims living in Europe & France who have volunteered to go fight with ISIS in Syria-Iraq

~ a simple correlation my friend...

I wouldn't discount that. Though the problem we are more aware of right now isn't the guys going off to fight with ISIS elsewhere, but rather the ones being invited elsewhere for indoctrination and training.... (taking advantage of their rebel without a cause syndrome, and giving them a cause...)
... and sending them BACK here, to carry out terrorist missions here!
We've had a few cases of that already, and it seems to be a growing phenomenon...

Instead of cars being burned, the actions are getting more severe, as in the case of Mohammed Merah, who gunned down children in front of a jewish school in 2012- born in France, he went to Afghanistan and Pakistan for training.
We can say hoorah for the 12% drop (which means it is ONLY 900 cars in that day *eye roll here* ),
But it might just be that they are raising the ante...
edit on 5-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join