It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network downed by (supposed) DDOS attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Meh, first world problems, it's not like anyone is starving.
Lame.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not sure if it was stated yet...

But Lizard Squad who's Twitter is called Lizardmafia is currently on a hacker vs hacker war

Their last 2 accounts were hacked and suspended by some other group. They're also tryna find out who Lizard Squad is.

Lizard Squad also stopped their attacks yesterday thanks to some man who convinced them to stop (or was it a bribe?).

Look into their Twitter for more info and updates
edit on 26-12-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i'm glad my trusty xbox360 is not, and has never been, online. not my thing, i'm a solo gamer. and i play on! (currently re-re-re-re-re-playing the original (2005) Forza. still an ace game

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to play online either. It just gets kinda personal when family that you love, especially kids, get their Christmas messed with by hackers. They had fun anyway playing with their friends, but you know those gaming systems cost hundreds of dollars each...how would you like it if you got a brand new car for Christmas and the dang thing wouldn't start because someone had hacked into the OnStar thing or something?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here is yet another example of a mandatory death penalty for felony hacking needs to be put into place. These freaks think this crap is funny. SO make it a capital crime to wipe those smiles off their faces. At the very least cut off their dominate hands and not allow them to buy any replacement limbs prosthetics.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Having Xbox live and the PSN taken down is a crying shame... not really. Maybe children will spend productive time with their families instead of being buried in a TV set.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

ha ha a tad extreme perhaps but would no doubt be super-effective.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Isn't the world supposed to be in some big economic crisis right about now?

No wonder the sheeple are getting poorer while the rich are getting richer. We are the ones who are making these fat-cat corporate bosses fatter. The sheeple fall for it every time. Who's more the fool? Those who have just bought "the latest thing" or those who don't because they don't need it?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't believe this so called "Lizard Squad" are responsible.

Who are they? Why do they even do what they do? It quite frankly doesn't make sense. It only enrages a large segment of the population who get furious and upset when they no longer have access to their online games.

If only the internet could be managed and controlled someway to prevent these attacks...but naaaah I'm sure people wouldn't support that.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

In China that is the case. The man who wrote the worm "Melissa" was traced to China and executed.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yeah, China's awesome. Sure wish I lived there.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Didn't think I was glorifying, in fact I thought I was doing kind of the opposite.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

In China that is the case. The man who wrote the worm "Melissa" was traced to China and executed.

blimey. that's a bit over the top.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Totally over the top. In the US the NSA would have recruited him or the CIA/FBI would have turned him and sent him back out into the hacker community to honeypot for them.

Rule of thumb... when a cybercriminal does something worthy of the news and then doesn't end up in prison... it's the latter.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Some people believe everything on twitter is factual? I wouldn't put money on it but that is just me.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe
I have not even been on in some time, after I beat Dragon Age. I let my younger brother borrow the ps4 system. These kind of attacks are bound to happen. I see no point in it unless there just digging for data, but even if they get it, the claims and lawsuits to Sony or Microsoft will by all kinds of people will wash all that out. In all its very much in the interest of big companies like that to be up to date and everything either way.

I see no point to this whole hacking culture, its redundant most especially concerning videogames. I mean when I was a kid you could find all kinds of pirated stuff, games and everything, most of which was old news anyways, and most done for #s and giggles. Now a days its kind of pointless to me, I generally play the games I like and if I like them I generally get behind it or whoever made the game. If not? Then not. Most people especially gamers that are older now, are far removed that they want to have every single little thing that comes out. So ya even this whole piracy thing is ultimately pointless.

I dont know, I guess I am to old as I dont get the whole point of ddos attacks, even starting to think of it as dodos attack. Ya its going the way of the dodo, blam noweresville. Its just a cheap thrill but, meh what of it! I am even tempted to get on the psn network to see what is up. But even that there is no point to it, because frankly if I dont fell like playing a game or the various distractions and things on the network. There really is no point to go on it. Though come next few months when some games come out which I am looking forward to...That attitude will change. So till then...This is just more water under the bridge to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I can't keep an online session for more than a couple min. when I do get on. I give up.... I guess it's WII with the kids tonight.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I think there will always be a point to the hacker culture. How relevant that point is will change from more to less, and probably back again, as things evolve in the technology and software sectors. I hear that there are changes to the hardware market looming, not in the next little while mind, but in the future, which will change the face of the entire thing. Wetware. Nuff said.

It will be the ability of hacker culture to adapt to changes which will see its relevance shift or stick depending on their prowess. Personally I think that if it were not for hackers, software would not move at nearly the pace that it does. For all that hackers can be annoying bastards at times, they do perform a useful function in one respect. They show you where you are weak, technologically speaking. The cost is high of course, and for some much higher than others, but the service is still rendered all the same.

I have no particular animosity toward them as a culture, but of course there are individuals and groups who do more harm than good, and those elements probably need feeding to a wood chipper feet first, but there are very good reasons why no one leaves me in charge, and I think that response might be one of them!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
but arde they really hacking both these game services at same time? or did their servers crash because suddenly they had half a million new people trying to login. every online game i played had problems like this when new content hi and everyone logs in and tries to play it only to get booted out again? i think they both wolf to pass the blame away from them so people don't ask for compensation.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hackers who shut down PSN and Xbox Live Now Attacking TOR

Now they're attacking TOR, they are apparently running almost half the relays now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join