It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling the BS on NLBS

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members! I am posting this in the rant forum due to.. Not knowing where else to put it, but it's much harder to break any rules here in the rant forum ( hehe...)

Anyways NLBS is supposed to call the bull# about different things but seems to mix things up, or convey them in a way that doesn't benefit the average person, giving them information in a way that you have to comb over what they say to even understand what's going on.

For instance, one of the latest " Detoxification " videos - It's not about disagreeing, it's about phrasing things differently.

Your body has it's own ways of detoxing, and eating healthily and giving your body proper nutrients, vitamins, minerals and the like will help your body do that better. Eating bad food will result in your body not being able to do that efficiently, and can cause a myriad of problems.

So, does eating healthy help your body detox? Yup! Are all detoxes tons of money wasted on things that do not help? Not really. The most common detox is fasting, or going on all vegetable/fruit diet for a time which does indeed put your body into a state of being able to detox better - Which the video mentions, but seems to try to deny detoxing methods at the same time...? ( Be more specific, in my opinion - Part of denying ignorance is looking for every piece of the picture, and I feel they use really broad, generalized ideas )

On that same note - Some of the things " people get wrong " were phrased... Well, again, very generally, in a broad way. Can carrots/other supplementation enhance your eyesight to super human levels? ? No. If you lack the nutrients needed to maintain proper eye health, and you supplement in whatever way to compensate for that lack ( ie, eating carrots ) will your eyesight become better than it was when you did not get those nutrients? Yes. So... Do things like carrots improve your eyesight? Yes, if you are lacking those nutrients.

Another one I wanted to mention was how Joe seemed to talk about GMO labeling. Hey, Joe, you don't know me. I don't care if it's 100% healthier, better, and safer for me. I believe in LABELING, and believe I, as a consumer have the right to know exactly how the food that goes into my body was grown. It's not all conspiracies and demonizing GMO foods, it's consumer rights to know how your food was grown/handled.

This is with only seeing a few episodes, I'm sure things like this are all over based on seeing plenty of it within 3/5 episodes I've watched, I do realize he makes some points about the things I mention, but to say bluntly in his video" Detoxing doesn't work " is way too general, may stick in the minds of people more than anything else he says and is damn near misinformation just due to the way people are bound to read into things. I realize he/they cannot be held accountable for the way people comb through things on a personal level, I just think they could do a better job at explaining all sides of the stories!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sources? He was correct. You don't need to buy the detox drinks. It's all about discipline. Don't eat fast food. Don't drink soda. Drink plenty of water. Eat only stuff you know is good. All that stuff that tastes like crap. Force yourself to eat it. Drink a bit of protein in the morning if you're not cooking your eggs.

It's discipline, and here you are attacking the point that the detox drinks don't work. Calling BS on NLBS.. That dude is the most honest dude. He's entertaining, and he tells it like it is. His point wasn't that the detox drinks weren't healthy, it was that they didn't do anything for you.

Truthfully they do (he said this too) but they don't do anything more than what you could already be doing by yourself. His point was don't eat the toxics in the first place. If you do, certainly don't believe it's the miracle detox drink which cures you. It's only the break from fast food that does the detoxing. The fruits and vegies in the drink help you eat what you're SUPPOSED to be eating anyway. no bs here.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I agree with you and often the entire show comes off more like a rant. However, we can choose not to listen, but the site owners are behind the show so it isn't going anywhere. Your thread will be closed within the next 24 hours...especially if it makes the front page.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
DEADLY HOPE

I watched one episode therefore I may not be as well informed on the subject.

The one I watched opened with " Today we're taking a look at the BS cleansing
BUSINESS "

Within that context I believe Joe is spot on. Detoxing is a fairly lucrative business.
Any health food store has entire shelves devoted to some magic detox potion.

What can one reasonable expect from a twenty minute video ?
I'm also a tad bias. I like the guy and his no BS style. The profanity is simply
icing on the cake.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RodNasty

He did not pin point exactly what type of detoxing does and does not work, he generalized in a way that might skew what's real. I don't need to provide sources, I'm not making insane claims, I'm actually agreeing with what he said how a healthy diet will help your body detox itself - which if you're defending him,look for his sources.

I'm talking about the way he said it. " detoxing is the bs topic of the day" is not the same as "let me educate you on why detoxing diets work, and what type of detoxing schemes to avoid when trying to be healthier" a lot of his information sounds correct based on what I know, just the way he says it, and the way people are bound to receive it skew it into something not as educational as it could be.

And not realizing the difference means that he's not as good at conveying well thought out information as I'd desire an ats feature to be.
edit on 24-12-2014 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Detoxing absolutely works.

Many methods of Detoxing are fake.

The actual methods should be the focus, not the entire premise.

Peace

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Well put! It's only an assumption on my part but I assume things like this can be said about plenty of other of these videos, I've only watched a few myself but I'm guessing the while tone and way they observe things is similar , which is the premise of my thread

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Want to buy some detox drinks?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

No, thank you!

Would I like to buy some fruits, vegetables, legumes, and fish? Yes. Would I call that detoxing compared to my current diet? Yes.

I am not saying expensive detoxing drinks are worth it. I am simply saying " The word Detox is bull# " is misinformation.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Fish is one of the quickest ways to require actual detoxification ( in a hospital ) due to mercury exposure. Just ask Jeremy Piven.

Moderation is the key to not requiring such things. Too much of anything is poison, too little of many things will cause deficiencies.

My ex-girlfriend owns an "Herb shop" ( upscale vitamin shop ) and cleanses are her number one product. But 99% of the people buying them aren't concerned with health... they're trying to cheat drug tests.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

Maybe it's because I'm young (23) but I'm not getting annoyed by the NLBS. I actually find the name sorta funny. The guy comes off as being really bro-ish and like yeah dude but that's fine by me. If I don't care about the topic, I don't watch it. But it doesn't offend me. I think that the site owners probably want to attract a younger crowd. Who knows if it's working (I was lurking here long before NLBS started) but yeah. One thing I will say is that the videos along the side of the site look kinda messy and too busy. I wish they'd clean that up because it makes things look cluttered. But I have no problem with the videos themselves.

Oh, and if the site owners DO in fact want to attract a younger crowd, I'd say it'd be a good move to make sure things like Truth Beckons and stuff on FB share their NLBS videos. Because a lot of people have that running in their feeds--or at least like 100 of my friends on there do. I guess do some research on who looks at what on FB but instead of posting the videos along the border of the site (& turning off visitors to the site because it takes away from the clean ATS theme) maybe share them in other places (or make another drop down link to them all?) Something to consolidate them, though. I quite like the ATS web design because it looks really unique and legit (unlike other conspiracy forums) and it is rather attention-grabbing without the NLBS videos. Those make it look like they're ads (& there are already plenty for nonmembers).
edit on 25-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

Hey, better yet. ATS owners/webmasters--what about doing an iframe sorta thing for the next level BS. Similar to this right here:

if you do something that on the ATS home page for these NLBS then I think it would look FANTASTIC. Please consider it ^_^
edit on 25-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Sarcasm is contagious but I hear you need to detox yourself before getting it.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
People are far, far too quick to believe something if it comes from a source that they somehow perceive is credible.
The biggest obstacle is the amount of mixed information out here. It's endless. As a result, people go with whatever makes them feel good.
I've certainly been guilty of believing a story because the source seemed logical and scientific.

I heard a reporter recently telling someone that jumping to conclusions is epidemic. People hear a story from just one source, and then proceed to form a whole narrative around it. Start to finish, the whole story.
Their mind is made up. The reporter said: "Unless you were at the scene, or you have a video of the incident, you do NOT know what happened. Period." Ain't it the truth?

I find it sad and hilarious at the same that people today are just like those who stood on the pier yelling at Columbus that his ships were going to sail off the edge of the Earth. The ones who yell loudest are always the same ones who
say " I knew they'd come back" when the ships return. Human nature doesn't change.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Well said, Cole. I'm surprised a report said those words, must not have been from mainstream media, but it's definitely true.

I tend to listen to people who's results show - Placebo can do a lot, but if an obese/gross/seemingly unhealthy person gives me health advice, and a more fit, healthy looking person gives me health advice, I'm going to tend to listen to the person that's fit. Even if it's about some expensive juice - The unhealthy person can tell me it doesn't help until they are red in the face, but that won't matter to me if I'm getting results for whatever reason... Experience is a huge word in my opinion, and one thing I don't like about the NLBS series - They read articles on the internet written by people with an agenda and report to us about it, rather than taking things from personal experience and showing us results. ( This can apply to so many topics. )
edit on 26-12-2014 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join