It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are these ex british troops not facing the same charges as jiahdists?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Because they're freedom fighters, not terrorists.

ISIS/ISIL/Daesh are a recognised terrorist group who have a penchant for beheading aid workers and journalists. They were fighting against this group, so are deemed as doing the right thing, it's all a matter of perspective By the Government.

See how it works?

depends how u look at it, syria didnt invade us, no arab country has invaded the uk.

please do tell what the imminent threat syria poses to the uk. please.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muckleduck
they shouldnt be allowed to return, if they feel like syria is their fight then they should stay there.

just the same as the british jihadists getting 5-14 years on return.

they should face the same charges.

No, the Jihadists have bought into an ideology that Islam is the one and true religion, there will be no tolerance of other religions and if this means killing your own brother, then so be it. There is a BIG risk involved, if the Government were to allow these individuals to return to the U.K with such ideas.

The mercenaries have chosen to fight against the Jihadists, they do not threaten society on their return.

link   
Good to know, ill jump on a plane and immediately begin Freedom Fighting operations against the Royal House of Saud and Israel. Im glad the UK is fully supporting peoples moral obligation to fight terrorism in the middle east.

link   
a reply to: muckleduck

On my phone with bad connection, but if it's the same 2 I read about before they joined up with the kurds to fight Is are there not some Muslim kurds, why are you trying to make it something it isn't.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Operator Read.. lol

link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Who did they murder exactly?

I guess I missed that in the article...

probably some women and children with few guys with guns thrown in to make them "heroes"

As if it was not obvious already, this reply makes it crystal clear you are not actually looking for an honest exchange of ideas...but rather are simply trolling for responses, so that you can throw out additional unsupported sensationalist remarks.

"Probably" you can spend your time more productively...

link   

originally posted by: Denoli
If it wasn't for people like them you would be getting done up the wrong one !
So which group would u have babysitting ur daughters ?
Dumbass

not at all, if my country got invaded id do exactly as the arabs have done, defend myself.

thankfully we have a proper military for defence, so we dont need 2 guys out there with their own motives thinkin they represent britain.

pot kettle black on your last statement.

they obviously enjoy war if there willing to spend all their own money on going there, ask any SANE soldier if they enjoy getting shot at needlessly.

maybe look in the mirror before passing judgements on intelligence.

link   

Look at the end of the day if it came down to it If ISIS were knocking on my door I would fight I would want people from other countrys to help me fight them also.
Just like the millions of people living in terror under ISIS rule being forced into a way of life and If you don't like it it is death.
These guys have done something about it and they did a just moral thing to do.
So pick would you want ISIS at your door? or do you want what we have now?.

But like I said I'm out Iam not conversing with anyone who thinks it is wrong to fight ISIS.
edit on 23-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

ISIS/ISIL/Daesh are a recognised terrorist group who have a penchant for beheading aid workers and journalists. They were fighting against this group, so are deemed as doing the right thing, it's all a matter of perspective By the Government.

See how it works?

depends how u look at it, syria didnt invade us, no arab country has invaded the uk.

Syria do not pose a threat imo, but the Jihadists do. As I said it's all about conditioning people and to execute/murder people in the way they have, well I do not want people who are capable of such atrocious acts living in my community.

I have nothing against Islam, just certain elements that hide behind the religion.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

On my phone with bad connection, but if it's the same 2 I read about before they joined up with the kurds to fight Is are there not some Muslim kurds, why are you trying to make it something it isn't.

they went to fight , not representng a state

it makes them no better than the jihadists going out their for their own perogatives.

tthese british guys fought for what they think is right

the jihadists are doin the same

just because theyre white doesnt change the circumstances.

(post by Denoli removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Because they went to fight against ISIS...good on them.
After watching the video they didn't get paid and did it to help others.
Deserve a medal.

Totally agree. To those who'd pass the cricket test they are heros

some regard the jihadists to be heroes

just depends what side of the coin you are on.

neither side represents a hero to me.

isis wouldnt exist without western funding.

i wish people whos only source of news is the bbc or fox news would stop replying.

Those that support the Jihadis don't support the home team do they. Most true Brits do happen to support the home team. Get it yet?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

See how it works?

Syria do not pose a threat imo, but the Jihadists do. As I said it's all about conditioning people and to execute/murder people in the way they have, well I do not want people who are capable of such atrocious acts living in my community.

I have nothing against Islam, just certain elements that hide behind the religion.

well until the jihadists become an actual threat to me what happens in the M.E is of no concern to me.

so why does it concern these guys?

none of their families stay in syria, i imagine some of the jihadists going there do have families to protect etc.

whats the british excuse other than revenge? when u boil it down these 2 guys went out there with the exact same reason as the jihadists.

they arent fighting for the good of britain, so what are they there for?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Deserve a medal.

i wish people whos only source of news is the bbc or fox news would stop replying.

Those that support the Jihadis don't support the home team do they. Most true Brits do happen to support the home team. Get it yet?

2 guys going out as mercaneries isnt the home team.

no different to me and a few buddies jumpin on a flight to pakistan and join in the fighting there.

where do we draw the line?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Deserve a medal.

no different to me and a few buddies jumpin on a flight to pakistan and join in the fighting there.

When u cut babies heads off and rape women !
Line drawn !

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

Deserve a medal.

When u cut babies heads off and rape women !
Line drawn !

the mexicans do that too, y not go invade them?

1 rule for 1 and another rule for the other.
edit on 23-12-2014 by muckleduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If Anyone here feels the need to become a operator like Mr Read, and by the sounds of it there are a few Wannabe Operators in this thread. Make contact with this guy..

Their “liaison officer” Graham Penrose, who runs a company providing private military security

And or This Guy...

American ex-soldier Jordan Matson is thought to have been instrumental in recruiting Jamie. His Facebook page seeks recruits for People’s Defence Units, known as the YPG, saying they have the chance to “send terrorists to hell and save humanity

Go on I dare you.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Apples and oranges, one goes to fight to help people defend themselves, ones goes to help a group that enslaved rapes and murders men women, children l, young and old.

That is a distinct difference, in a perfectly logical world the law would be applied the same, but humans are far from logical.

Edit: for what it's worth I would support any Muslim that wanted to go assist the moderates against the radicals there.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Irishhaf because: 1 more thought

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Come on, most true Christian Brits will agree with Christian people people defending the oppressed from murderous maniacs who will tolerate no other faith. They will not agree with Muslim Brits going out to join in with the murderers when our Christian dominated nation is under attack from a Muslim minority. It's so fickin simple it's silly

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Bagsie Mad Murdoch dude

Nah as long as they fight the right fight good on them.
Way to old meself but If they were down the shops attempting to do what they do over there I would have to go and fight also.

Just like you and the OP would do also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join