It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stormy Christmas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hi ATS, I just stumbled accross this article and thought it would be worth sharing as I hadn't heard of this yet and many ATSers will likely be travelling for Christmas. Althought the lastest update seems to downgrade the strengh of the said storm, travelling might be disrupted.

It is still unclear how bad it will be I will surely be keeping a very close eye on this as I live right where its gonna hit in Quebec.

From link abve.

The Global model brings two low pressure centres into Canada with one into Ontario and the other up the east coast into the Maritimes and Quebec. This shows a less intense low pressure system with regards to how deep the pressure is and, therefore, how strong the winds are.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions which will become clearer over the next several days. Once we have a better handle on the track and intensity, then we can start talking what we may be looking at in the way of precipitation. In this situation, it is highly likely like some impacted may see heavy precipitation in the form of rain or snow where others will likely see little to no precipitation. At this point, it is too early to forecast precipitation types and amounts.

To all travellers this holiday season, drive safely and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
man i hate everyone.
I moved to the czech republic to finally have snowy winters, and for the past 3 years nothing!
the first year i was here it was -13 Fahrenheit (or - 25, if you use Celsius, you know like normal people
) as it should be, but now it looks like it's spring here! so i have to conclude climate change is messing up my xmas on purpose!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes it is possible that the U.S could see a stormy Christmas, but right now I'd be more worried about new years, models have been opening the flood gates for cold air shortly after Christmas, some runs showing negatives and single digits for parts of Oklahoma and Texas, this could possibly rival the winters of 76,77,78, and 83. Not to mention that if the Southern jet continues to be active the somewhere in the Southern U.S could see a potentially historical winter event. It all depends on timing.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
[Mod Edit]

Deleted Spam
edit on 12/19/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IngyBall

Do you have a link that shows this info?

new topics

top topics

join