It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incompetence among us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Don't you just hate it when the whole of Western society is falling apart in your rush to live your perfect, somewhat monied life? Damn other people anyway, I say. People like us want service and SERVICE NOW!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
How difficult is it to be kind and competent when performing a job?

I don't care if you make $5 or $50 an hour...do your damn job!

Yeah, the position may not be glamorous or sexy but in this day and age be thankful you have employment of any kind...sorry RANT over.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

I find the key to stopping this incompetence is refusing to do more business with these idiots. Depending on the situation I'll give a business a second chance, but usually it takes one strike and you're out.

A one hour photo place with a line up 8 people deep??? Sorry, that isn't customer service and I don't use that store again. The problems everyone had is just confirmation this place doesn't know what the hell they are doing. Sounds like Walmart to me.

Doughnut place without even one doughnut? I'll except the odd substitution because everyone likes my favorite, but with no doughnuts to buy then I don't return.

Wing place with no wings? Laugh at the server, stand up and walk. Don't look back, don't come back.

Credit card company cancels my card without warning and can't get it fixed immediately...BAM! Gone! Fill out an online application for the competitor card, upon arrival call old card company and tell them you're cancelling.

It really does work! Loss of business slowly but surely kills off these idiots. Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing all the time and expecting a different result.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
I am only 30 years young. I don't know if it's because I'm pretty type-a, borderline OCD, or simply just a raging (b word) but I can not believe the amount of incompetence in our society!!!!! !!

I have 3 children and run a business, so maybe my patience are thin. But I will give you a quick analysis of the two errands I had to run this evening that put me over the edge.

I went to pick up some 1-hour photos I had developed. My drive over there started with a person sleeping through a turn light, then leaving with just enough time for them to go through. Of course. Then I finally make it to the store and someone almost backed into me because I'm assuming he wanted a specific parking spot that was taken by a motorcycle that he didn't see.
I finally made it into the store and there were EIGHT people in line in front of me. I KID YOU NOT. EVERY SINGLE PERSON HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEIR TRANSACTION. The computer wouldn't read the order number. An order was lost. Part of an order was missing. A credit card was declined.
And the cashier looked like she was strung out, so that didn't help matters. FORTY FIVE ENTIRE MINUTES LATER, I finally got my order.

After this I decided to go to Dunkin Doughnuts because apparently I'm an emotional eater lol.
THEY WERE OUT OF DOUGHNUTS! I just wanted a single, delicious doughnut!

The other day I went to a wings place and guess what, out of wings! This kind of stuff happens on an almost daily basis. I live in Denver so I don't know if it's big city stuff, or if we are slowly turning into the movie Idiocracy. But I seriously can not handle it! I had to call tmobile 4 separate times yesterday due to them repeatedly making mistakes to a simple account change request. My credit card processing company I use decided to drop my account last week because they couldn't verify my tax info that has been the same for 7 years with no issue... they didn't let me know ahead of time, it just suddenly stopped working. And they haven't been able to fix the problem. I could go on and on and on...

I feel slightly better now. Sorry to let my negativity out onto whoever reads this. But my goodness! The day to day stuff is making me insane.

Our common reality is Absurd. The premise of finding meaning in life is also absurd. Science and medicine are absurd, because the more you learn, the more you realize that you know nothing. You will never discover the meaning of life because all it is is experience. All you seek, you've been dragging around with you all of your life, inside yourself, there is no destination, you are already there, just the journey to no destination. All of this ... reality is just experience, you control it through your own thoughts. LET THIS ALL AMUSE YOU.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ha ha yes maybe incompetence or forgetting that I was out of tape at home and expecting a free ride for a change. It's ok I can take it...I've got some packing tape left over I can tape some mouths shut..

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: DYepes

ETA: Also, IMO, there are too many low paid, overworked and mistreated workers that get ground down to the point of having that attitude, even if they started out with higher standards.

If you find an honest, competent, and truly professional person in what ever profession, latch on to them like you were glued to them, esp. doctors, dentists and auto mechanics.

As a general rule, people treat others the way they, themselves, are treated especially in business. A business that treats their employees badly will have employees that treat their customers badly.

It's part of hierarchical abuse patterns flowing downhill.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
News op.....people make mistakes.
Guess you never have eh?.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just to add you didn't get a doughnut how sad for you.
Many would kill for one.
1st world problems at its finest.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
I have 3 children and run a business, so maybe my patience are thin. But I will give you a quick analysis of the two errands I had to run this evening that put me over the edge.

My problem is not that the world is incompetent, but that people do not forgive the world for being incompetent. Negative energy is created, and conveyed because of a lack of love.

Thats what everybody does - they show other people how little they care about them. There is nothing more they love to do than show other people that they do not love them. It is a pitiful cycle of wickedness and evil that is urged to persist and continue because people do not have any love for other people. Their favorite thing to do in most cases is to show that they do not have love, and in most cases of ego today they love nothing more than to show they do not care.

Being a spiritual person who is zealous for the law, I went through suffering because of the constant influx of people like this, only to heal when I truly understood what brings eternal life, and how this mind state loves to corrupt eternal life, how that mind state loves to take away eternal life, just because of spiritual incompetence.

So before you give somebody negative energy, try to fix your own spirit first so you don't have to share such opposing to the law, as I am attempting for the same.

I am going to make known to the world their lie - every action they commit is really an attempt to make this world a wicked place. Every day I come into contact with another person they lie to me without realizing that I do not have the fear preventing me to call them out, and they may think to be smarter than me with quick and spontaneous lies to cover up their attempt at being wicked and evil will not work. I will not get angry with them because that would be opposing the law, but I will tell them the truth in how they are acting and I will tell their peers the truth so they know who is a liar and who has good intentions.

Why is it so hard for them to give? It seems to all come down to a fierce resistance. Selfishness, hate, arrogance, ignorance, delusion, greed, why do those whose traits are so much and why do they keep going against the new covenant, because of the media? We are evil or righteous, if we do not know it then we are evil, if we don't choose one of the two we are evil, if you don't choose good then we are evil - I Did Not Make The Law.
edit on 1Sat, 20 Dec 2014 13:12:36 -0600America/Chicago14America/ChicagoSat, 20 Dec 2014 13:12:36 -0600 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

There's a song for all of that by Weird Al! It's called First World Problems-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join