It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 MROU sites selected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why Italy ?

Not much faith in them after the NH90 helicopter and the Fyra train debacle.

Italy committed a billion dollars to the project early in development. That kind of investment pays when it comes to offsets.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

But we also have paid 1.3 billion Euros already.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Last time I read somewhere that Poland wants to buy few copies of F-35. It was posted on one of the biggest social information website but I think it can be only rumour.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

They're expected to announce a deal for either Typhoons or F-35s in the near future.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As for Typhoons I'm surprised. Both F-35 and Eurofighter are beautiful planes.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedFanatic
As for Typhoons I'm surprised. Both F-35 and Eurofighter are beautiful planes.

Typhoon has a kick as DASS suite integrated into its airframe. Cooling systems, power for all the different computers and of course the software to pull it all together. Laser warners and missile warned dotted around the airframe and a number of what seem to be innocent panels are actually Radome type hiding a sensor.

My brother lead a software team on Typhoon and I used to meet him for lunch and see miles of software code they were debugging. The DASS software and systems were bleeding edge, all the development equipment was scrapped and the DASS was developed during the production build becoming more and more advanced as later Tranches were released however, the basic design was still conceived in the 1990's and upgraded to meet new threats.

F35 is whole generation more advanced in a generation where a lot changed.

I know what typhoon was supposed to do, if it can now do that it is an amazing system, so F-35 must be freaking awesome.

Could you wrap it all in a pod or two to retrofit a F-15? Possibly, but then your Stealth Eagle will need unstealthy pods just to compete with a 4th Gen fighter, forget about 5th generation and real stealth with purpose built integrated sensor and airframe working in tandem.

It's time to move on!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Typhoon is having huge manufacturing issues that halted deliveries to Germany, and cut flying hours in the UK and other countries.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Very nice post, man! Thank you.
Your quote: "I know what typhoon was supposed to do, if it can now do that it is an amazing system" Can you explain a little further?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join