It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all the gender generalisations/division threads these days on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: rockpaperhammock
Of course we're not born equal, that's obvious, but basic and equal human rights between genders/races/etc are a given as far as I see it.
A bad experience with a member of one gender does not equal that the gender all share the same trait though.

Right of course it doesnt mean everyone is the same but surely you could understand why its less of an investment. I'll give you an example not involving people. I play computer games and am a sucker for buying games while they are still being made to test them. The games look so good and then I play them and they completely suck because they aren't ready. Therefore I have made it a rule to never buy a game still in the alpha stage. Sure not every game is going to be bad but after wasting 100s of dollars on crappy games it is safer for me to stereotype.

With humans...I find high maintenance women will not have the same values as me and just enjoy things I wont. That doesn't mean every girl like that will be like that...but to save the headache I just avoid them. I don't think thats wrong at all. Doesn't mean id miss treat them or be mean to them...theyd just have to really really work hard to impress me.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh please both parties mess this planet up, it's not just the right. Different wings, same bird (and it's a hungry vulture).

If that's the case, where are all the threads about the evils of misogyny?

Tumblr

I had to star that because it did make me laugh

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock
Yep of course your perspective appears reasonable and does not make generalisations about anyone, I agree completely, just don't share the 'save the headache' sentiments as you intimated.
I'd bet all my possessions that most people are pretty much the same, it's just a sizeable minority of bitter people make the gender divide appear greater than it is in online conversations.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I chuckled at that as well

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well I'm off to bed, end of the working week tomorrow and all that.
Any blokes who wanna bleat about feminism, or females who wanna spout misandry please do share your thoughts here...it is the rant forum after all.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Oh please both parties mess this planet up, it's not just the right. Different wings, same bird (and it's a hungry vulture).

If that's the case, where are all the threads about the evils of misogyny?

Tumblr

I had to star that because it did make me laugh

Knowing I made you laugh made me laugh. We have a good community here

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I just walked outside again and 4 out of 5 females are so disrespectful that they are crossing the streets looking down at their phones, they refuse to look up from there phones. Its a new tactic that females do to ignore everybody they come in contact with.

This happened today and happens all the time. These creatures are on the look out, and when they see me from a block away they take out their cellphone from their purse, and look down at it for a block and a half until they walk by me.

I don't care if all new age girl want to ignore me. I will just never get married. And the fact that i see the same thing happen when they have boyfriends, even today, why would I want that? There is no good in females anymore. And if anybody calls them out on it, they just give them an attitude or ignore them, they cannot defend themselves, they know they are bad and they love being bad.

So in the reality that exists, the one not hypnotized by the media but the true one - men are good in spirit and women are evil in spirit, and you have good out of each gender but that sums up the main population new age American generation.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I blame the women.

Before you flame, bear in mind I am a 48 year old, twice divorced male and this is the first chance I have EVER had to blame a woman, for anything without a toaster hitting me or lawyers being involved - so I'm taking it!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I blame the women.

Before you flame, bear in mind I am a 48 year old, twice divorced male and this is the first chance I have EVER had to blame a woman, for anything without a toaster hitting me or lawyers being involved - so I'm taking it!

Consider it thrown.

I've known a few lovely women AND men. Sadly, I've also known far too many awful people of both genders.
I never man-bash these days, and won't put down another woman either. I treat each person as an individual, and try not to label them as anything else.

Now, with that said....Heff, my lawyer said he just found you on facebook, so expect a call soon. rofl

(It's okay...he knows I'm kidding!)

jacygirl

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join