It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US delays release of study on 1953 Iran coup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department is delaying the release of a volume from its U.S. foreign relations history that deals with the CIA-backed overthrow of an Iranian prime minister in the 1950s out of concern that publication could undermine nuclear diplomacy with the Islamic republic.

Source:

Ok what the hell is going on ?

Between this, and the torture report release. Looks to me like there is a concerted effort to destroy the CIA.

This is old news for many on ATS, dunno why after 60 years old wounds need to be reopened.

For those who don't have the back story:

The Iranian Coup was a joint op between the US, and United Kingdom.

Operation Boot, TPAJAX Project.

All it was really about was oil. The Anglo-Iranian Oil Company. That would become BP, That's British Petroleum.

Mossadegh had sought to audit the books of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), a British corporation (now BP) and to change the terms of the company's access to Iranian oil reserves. Upon alleged refusal of the AIOC to cooperate with the Iranian government, the parliament (Majlis) voted to nationalize the assets of the company and expel their representatives from the country.[7][8][9] Following the coup in 1953, a military government under General Fazlollah Zahedi was formed which allowed Mohammad-Rezā Shāh Pahlavi, the Shah of Iran (Persian for an Iranian king),[9] to effectively rule the country as an absolute monarch. He relied heavily on United States support to hold on to power until his own overthrow in February 1979.[7][8][9][10] In August 2013, 60 years after, the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) admitted that it was involved in both the planning and the execution of the coup, including the bribing of Iranian politicians, security and army high-ranking officials, as well as pro-coup propaganda.[11][12] The CIA is quoted acknowledging the coup was carried out "under CIA direction" and "as an act of U.S. foreign policy, conceived and approved at the highest levels of government."[13]

Source

Once again old news.

I have no idea what the current administration hopes to accomplish with this. Other than destroying what was left of intelligence community.

And then there is this:

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. military, in a shift, has postponed the release of a report detailing allegations of Iranian support for Iraqi insurgents, according to people familiar with the matter.

U.S. Delays Report on Iran Arms

Giving aid, and comfort to the enemy of the state is TREASON.
edit on 18-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The "state" is the enemy of HUMANITY......this is just more evidence of the same #......
All Intelligence agencies operate in similar fashion......not just the CIA.......

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Awwwww are you scared you beloved CIA and US government is going to have there dirty little secrets exposed?

Awwwww Diddums

I say screw the CIA and USA government. Spill the truth for the world to see! And do the same with my own country too!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yo even bother reading the sourced material.

BP,MI5, and the British Government might be scared when those dirty little secrets get exposed.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yo even bother reading the sourced material.

BP,MI5, and the British Government might be scared when those dirty little secrets get exposed.

Good, it will expose them for what they are. In place to protect the vested interests of the elite. If you think they are there for your security, I fear you are deluding yourself.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

It's been exposed for GD 60 years, but hey who cares

Right.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It's been exposed for GD 60 years, but hey who cares

Right.

Then why will they be scared?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Didn't saying anything about being scared until this thread got trolled.

I asked what was going on.

Two back to back 'reports' to discredit the CIA.

Makes me wonder what they have on the current administration.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

out of concern that publication could undermine nuclear diplomacy with the Islamic republic.

A report can`t do anything, a report is just a transcript of something that has happened.

Here`s a crazy idea, if they are concerned about undermining nuclear diplomacy then maybe they should stop DOING things that undermine nuclear diplomacy or diplomacy in general.

Some of the things that we are doing today could undermine diplomacy in the future,maybe they should not do those things today so that they won`t have to keep reports secret in the future.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

As James Bond speeds off in his new Aston Martin.

>> 007

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
It is being released because there are quite a few people in the US that STILL to this day,do not believe that we helped depose of a freely elected leader in another country,nor that we are still doing so in other parts of the world. And this is why we are so hated. People in other countries know that if they vote and elect someone that has THEIR interests at heart instead of the US's, and the US doesn't like them,they will do everything they can to remove them. Such as it is with Russia now. Those here on ATS have known about this,but there are those that refuse to believe until the government itself releases it.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Good

If you bothered to read I want my country's dirty secrets exposed alongside the USA.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department is delaying the release of a volume from its U.S. foreign relations history that deals with the CIA-backed overthrow of an Iranian prime minister in the 1950s out of concern that publication could undermine nuclear diplomacy with the Islamic republic.

Source:

Ok what the hell is going on ?

Between this, and the torture report release. Looks to me like there is a concerted effort to destroy the CIA.

This is old news for many on ATS, dunno why after 60 years old wounds need to be reopened.

For those who don't have the back story:

The Iranian Coup was a joint op between the US, and United Kingdom.

Operation Boot, TPAJAX Project.

All it was really about was oil. The Anglo-Iranian Oil Company. That would become BP, That's British Petroleum.

Mossadegh had sought to audit the books of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), a British corporation (now BP) and to change the terms of the company's access to Iranian oil reserves. Upon alleged refusal of the AIOC to cooperate with the Iranian government, the parliament (Majlis) voted to nationalize the assets of the company and expel their representatives from the country.[7][8][9] Following the coup in 1953, a military government under General Fazlollah Zahedi was formed which allowed Mohammad-Rezā Shāh Pahlavi, the Shah of Iran (Persian for an Iranian king),[9] to effectively rule the country as an absolute monarch. He relied heavily on United States support to hold on to power until his own overthrow in February 1979.[7][8][9][10] In August 2013, 60 years after, the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) admitted that it was involved in both the planning and the execution of the coup, including the bribing of Iranian politicians, security and army high-ranking officials, as well as pro-coup propaganda.[11][12] The CIA is quoted acknowledging the coup was carried out "under CIA direction" and "as an act of U.S. foreign policy, conceived and approved at the highest levels of government."[13]

Source

Once again old news.

I have no idea what the current administration hopes to accomplish with this. Other than destroying what was left of intelligence community.

And then there is this:

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. military, in a shift, has postponed the release of a report detailing allegations of Iranian support for Iraqi insurgents, according to people familiar with the matter.

U.S. Delays Report on Iran Arms

Giving aid, and comfort to the enemy of the state is TREASON.

Except, the CIA has been doing crazy sh$t, including all of these 50's coups (including in Guatemala) since WWII. I think they are way out of control. They destroyed their own image a long time ago outside the US, but most Americans don't know the history so are suddenly surprised now.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Except the Iranians got their revenge by taking students hostage.

And by killing Americans in Iraq.

But hey who cares right.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Except the Iranians got their revenge by taking students hostage.

And by killing Americans in Iraq.

But hey who cares right.

Yeah, how very dare they.

So if they had not taken revenge, then what? You would look upon the CIA without your rose tinted glasses?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Like Iran are angels eh?

Whatever.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ha ha, that old Chestnut.

Yeah, let's see how you would behave if you were exiled from the U.S?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Awwwww are you scared you beloved CIA and US government is going to have there dirty little secrets exposed?

Awwwww Diddums

I say screw the CIA and USA government. Spill the truth for the world to see! And do the same with my own country too!

Here's some truth:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sounds like snow in the weather forecast.
Perhaps just an abundance of caution.
Nuclear diplomacy with the Islamic republic?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Two back to back 'reports' to discredit the CIA.

Perhaps the lawmakers are still really pissed that the CIA was reading their emails?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join